Jun 7, 2010
Agent_Z said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Agent_Z said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Agent_Z said:
mduncan50 said:
Agent_Z said:
You know the first thing we saw of an adult Clark is him saving some people from an oil rig. Lois flat out states the only reason she was able to track him down is because he kept saving people. The second film has him dying to save the world while telling the woman he loves how much she means to him.

Don't know why people ignore this.
Because most of that is telling us what a hero he is instead of showing us, and the other 5 hours of movie paint a different picture.
Him saving the bus fool of kids, his saving Lois from death after the ships' security attacks her, him surrendering to Zod and the fighting him when he threatens Earth, the montage of him saving people, the sacrifice at the end. How are the not showing? What exactly is it you're expecting here?
Superman doing Superman things is what we want to see. He fights Zod with little to no regard for his surroundings. He straight up kills a guy 2 minutes into BvS when he could've easily disarmed him and saved Lois. There was also no fucking reason for him to sacrifice himself. There really, really, really, really wasn't. Wonder Woman or Batman could've poked Not-Doomsday with the magic stick.

I don't know how many fights you've been but it's very difficult to pay attention to anything other than the guy bashing your face in. We don't know if the guy in the opening is dead. Batman was too weak to fight Doomsday and Wonder Woman was holding Doomsday so no, neither could use the spear at the time.
In the comics Superman goes out of his way to ensure there's not a lot of collateral damage. I'm pretty sure he's dead, no human could survive going through a few reinforced walls with that kind of force, and even if he survived he'd be paralyzed or fatally injured, which still goes against Superman's character. Are you telling me that Superman couldn't hold Doomsday while Wonder Woman got close enough to poke him? Because he easily could have done that.

The Superman in the comics had experience this one did not as well as an army of other superheroes to back him up. And besides he avoids collateral damage in BvS. I already explained why either of them could use that spear on Doomsday. Did you even watch the movie?
Yes I did. But are YOU telling me he couldn't hand the spear off to Wonder Woman (someone who almost rivals him in strength) while he distracted Doomsday and she stabbed him? He literally could've flown to her, handed it off, started punching Doomsday while she stabbed him. Tell me one good fucking reason why they couldn't have done that? Because all you've given me is "she was distracting him". They could've switched roles, easily.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Kenbo Slice said:
Agent_Z said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Agent_Z said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Agent_Z said:
mduncan50 said:
Agent_Z said:
You know the first thing we saw of an adult Clark is him saving some people from an oil rig. Lois flat out states the only reason she was able to track him down is because he kept saving people. The second film has him dying to save the world while telling the woman he loves how much she means to him.

Don't know why people ignore this.
Because most of that is telling us what a hero he is instead of showing us, and the other 5 hours of movie paint a different picture.
Him saving the bus fool of kids, his saving Lois from death after the ships' security attacks her, him surrendering to Zod and the fighting him when he threatens Earth, the montage of him saving people, the sacrifice at the end. How are the not showing? What exactly is it you're expecting here?
Superman doing Superman things is what we want to see. He fights Zod with little to no regard for his surroundings. He straight up kills a guy 2 minutes into BvS when he could've easily disarmed him and saved Lois. There was also no fucking reason for him to sacrifice himself. There really, really, really, really wasn't. Wonder Woman or Batman could've poked Not-Doomsday with the magic stick.
They were in a fight and weren't familiar with each other's skills and powers. It's easy for us to sit here playing arm chair warrior but in a real fight to the death you don't have time to plan things through.

I don't know how many fights you've been but it's very difficult to pay attention to anything other than the guy bashing your face in. We don't know if the guy in the opening is dead. Batman was too weak to fight Doomsday and Wonder Woman was holding Doomsday so no, neither could use the spear at the time.
In the comics Superman goes out of his way to ensure there's not a lot of collateral damage. I'm pretty sure he's dead, no human could survive going through a few reinforced walls with that kind of force, and even if he survived he'd be paralyzed or fatally injured, which still goes against Superman's character. Are you telling me that Superman couldn't hold Doomsday while Wonder Woman got close enough to poke him? Because he easily could have done that.

The Superman in the comics had experience this one did not as well as an army of other superheroes to back him up. And besides he avoids collateral damage in BvS. I already explained why either of them could use that spear on Doomsday. Did you even watch the movie?
Yes I did. But are YOU telling me he couldn't hand the spear off to Wonder Woman (someone who almost rivals him in strength) while he distracted Doomsday and she stabbed him? He literally could've flown to her, handed it off, started punching Doomsday while she stabbed him. Tell me one good fucking reason why they couldn't have done that? Because all you've given me is "she was distracting him". They could've switched roles, easily.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Kenbo Slice said:
Yes I did.
I believe you, but I've seen the film three times, and...

But are YOU telling me he couldn't hand the spear off to Wonder Woman (someone who almost rivals him in strength) while he distracted Doomsday and she stabbed him? He literally could've flown to her, handed it off, started punching Doomsday while she stabbed him. Tell me one good fucking reason why they couldn't have done that? Because all you've given me is "she was distracting him". They could've switched roles, easily.
At the time you're talking about, Wonder Woman has lasso'd Doomsday and is literally holding on with both hands, her feet wedged against a rock, her body almost horizontal trying to keep Doomsday in one spot. She looks like she's trying to rein in an elephant.

Superman is a hundred metres away with the Kryptonite spear. Even if Wonder Woman could hold Doomsday with the lasso indefinitely - which she can't, because he gets stronger the more she pulls and she has to pull more as he gets stronger - doing a switcheroo in the middle of that would just give Doomsday a chance to break free. And as for "distract him by punching," we've seen how effective punching Doomsday is because Superman's just spent like ten minutes punching him.

That's assuming Superman is capable of communicating to Wonder Woman what Kryptonite is, and why it's dangerous for him to use it, without distracting her enough that Doomsday could break free.

And assuming that he can do all of this in the time it takes Doomsday to shake off Batman's last kryptonite grenade.

It seemed pretty straightforward to me. The film has quite a few plot holes, but this wasn't one of them.

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
As a fan of DC/Marvel/Any good comic for real, I am sort of dissapointed in the DC movies lately. But the animated movies have been at best awesome (Red Hood) or at worst passable and still entertaining (Son of Batman). For every bad DC movie there are 2 awesome animated movies with more complexity and fun to them. Batman Mask of the Phantasm, Under the Red Hood, Return of the Joker, all of these I consider better then the new batman movies (excluding Dark Knight because Dark Knight its pretty awesome) because of how great they are.

As for comics, sure some of them suck. Red Hood and the Outlaws was such a WASTED concept, Red Hood trying to be a hero with his other friends like Arsenal doing the same sounded like an awesome and complex idea. Instead, it was stupid fanservice that made little sense and ended at 40. Red Hood and Arsenal is doing better but still. But with good comics, I have been enjoying Batman Eternal as well as the Catwoman series where she is a mob boss. It rocks. Gotham Academy apparently pleased some of my friends, which is cool.

If you just see the angsty comics and the new movies, you aren't looking right. It would be like focusing on Agents of Shield and using that as an example for Marvel on it's own. Broaden your DC horizons, you won't regret it.