It's Not a Game, But I'll Play It, Anyway

Nibiru

Apr 5, 2010
I believe there are more elements contributing to the success of these games.
I have never played "Dungeons and Dragons Tiny Adventures", but after reading your article, I think I get the idea.

Of course, you cannot consider this game to be a role-playing game, since you do not play the role that you created; however, I think you still connect to your character, and therefore, Tiny Adventures is a simulation more then anything. The thrill of checking your characters current situation can be compared to taking out your Tamagotchi in order to see whether its sleeping or hungry, and even though it offers less interaction, your character still develops, and development is always interesting.

I mean, why are we watching cartoons even if we do not interact with any of the characters?

Sprong

Nov 17, 2009
After reading this article I checked out the app, and I am (to my surprise) really enjoying it. I think the best thing is that it doesn't take itself seriously, and the writing is actually pretty good. While I'm sitting here doing boring university assignments, it's refreshing to have an amusing adventure update to read every so often.

sopadurso

Jul 13, 2010
"As Facebook games go"

This kind of says it all. Facebook games are funny, they have that social component that mmos have but unlike mmos they dont give that nerd image to it, cuz Facebook is cool (right?).