It's Not Cosplay

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Grimh said:
C.TYR said:
I know, it captures my superiority so well doesn't it?

garjian said:
I agree that the game's difficulty gets blown way out of proportion sometimes.
It's more fitting to say it like you said that it is a game that challenges you and expects more out of you, asks you to pay attention, which is more than you get from a lot of games that are coming out these days.
I think it's just such a stark contrast that it colours people's view of the game when compared to other more hand-holdy ones.
And people tend to exaggerate a little in general as well, especially in text and especially on the internet.
Yeah, definitely agree. It expects more out of you, it doesn't just give the win to you. If you want it easy it gives only death.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
scorptatious said:
canadamus_prime said:
You know, most of us get immersed without costumes. ...or maybe that's just me.
Pfft. Weirdo. I always make sure to wear absolutely nothing but red sneakers and slather myself in blue paint before I play Sonic.
Ok that was an image I didn't need. X(

Captcha: "Do not touch"
Don't worry I won't. Not even with a 30 ft. pole.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Elf Defiler Korgan said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Loved the cosplay of Titanfall and Metal Gear, Dark Souls cosplay pretty much nails it since that's how I see Dark Souls as a game where you gimp yourself and love the torture and pain and yet enjoy it and want to get beaten more.

Which is mostly why I'll never touch that game and it's not remotely my cup of tea, I'd rather prefer TF and MG this march though.

Edit: guess we can call this a /Dark Souls thread from now on.
Do you know that you can get good and learn the game, and then it isn't torture and pain?
I've already pointed out that the game isn't my cup of tea, if there's a game I don't want to play then I'm automatically not going to want to get good at playing something I've no interest in.

A friend even went so far as to gift me Dark Souls on Steam in the same room as me, I gifted it right back much to his disappointment, he's usually the type that always asks what difficulty am I playing on, I say normal and he wishes me to play on any brutal difficulty because he likes watching people playing on hardcore whilst I prefer average difficulty since I play my games to unwind and enjoy rather than taking on challenges that will only frustrate me.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I'm not sure if Erin's doing it wrong or if I have been doing it wrong all these years.

kurupt87 said:
Soooo, do you want to play a game?
I read this in the voice of TFS Frieza. Then imagined Goku responding Yes. I watch way too much DBZ Abridged.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
PedroSteckecilo said:
Love the Patlabor Officer Uniform, even if the Titanfall devs are being complete douchebags about the obvious japanese giant robot influences on the Titans...
How so? Do you need to cite Japanese Mecha every time you make a giant robot?

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
The Wooster said:
Mike Fang said:
She forgot Thief. Or is that because she's a console gaming scrub?
Nope. It's because Thief is fucking terrible.
Hey, until it's released, nobody can know for sure, so quit making snap judgments from ignorance.

Triality

May 9, 2011
I had a good laugh this time CritMiss dudes. Last panel is so apt. It's like I'm in love with being punished.

jaymiechan

Jun 27, 2012
008Zulu said:
jaymiechan said:
Depends on how thick it is.
It's not really thicker than most other fabrics, it doesn't have to be be, it's also very resilient.
Uh, i own a thicker-than-normal catsuit. it really does help shape the body, and cuts off the sense of touch pretty well. So yeah, i repeat. Depends on how thick it is.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
garjian said:
I don't understand the Dark Souls outfit... I... don't get it.
I'm reading it's a gimp costume but... what?

Grimh said:
The safe-word is Solaire.

Besides it's not that hard, I beat Capra Demon on my first try. Ahahahahaaa. *smug* *smug*
But it's not that hard.
There are so many people in this thread already saying "it will make you it's *****" and I really don't understand it.

I consistently underpowered myself and never found it particularly hard. That's not to say I never died, that would be absurd, but there's many a solution to every problem and if you pay attention and learn the mechanics you'll find your way.
By 'underpowered myself' I mean I never used a shield until very recently (and having used one, I found they make several enemies pointlessly easy, e.g. Lower Undead Berg dogs. I've no idea how they could even damage you using a shield), relying on backstabbing and dodging for defense, and every build has always been set to a pretty strict theme, to the point where I would refuse to two-hand a Zweihander so I can off-hand a Caestus (and because the Zweihander felt too small for the character to two-hand, tbh).

It certainly challenges you, but it's nothing like the levels people describe here and elsewhere and I doubt they're talking about NG+7... I've never understood it.
You are assuming everyone has the same level of skill in games. Some people lack patience, timing , observation and many other skills it take to play dark souls half decently.

OT: IS that the new way to play a blind run of Dark souls?

Elberik

Apr 26, 2011
so the gimp suit is meant to suggest that Dark Souls II will abuse you & not (as the trending theme was until the last panel) be a game wherein a character wears a gimp suit

Elberik

Apr 26, 2011
garjian said:
I don't understand the Dark Souls outfit... I... don't get it.
I'm reading it's a gimp costume but... what?

Grimh said:
The safe-word is Solaire.

Besides it's not that hard, I beat Capra Demon on my first try. Ahahahahaaa. *smug* *smug*
But it's not that hard.
There are so many people in this thread already saying "it will make you it's *****" and I really don't understand it.

I consistently underpowered myself and never found it particularly hard. That's not to say I never died, that would be absurd, but there's many a solution to every problem and if you pay attention and learn the mechanics you'll find your way.
By 'underpowered myself' I mean I never used a shield until very recently (and having used one, I found they make several enemies pointlessly easy, e.g. Lower Undead Berg dogs. I've no idea how they could even damage you using a shield), relying on backstabbing and dodging for defense, and every build has always been set to a pretty strict theme, to the point where I would refuse to two-hand a Zweihander so I can off-hand a Caestus (and because the Zweihander felt too small for the character to two-hand, tbh).

It certainly challenges you, but it's nothing like the levels people describe here and elsewhere and I doubt they're talking about NG+7... I've never understood it.
I think the gimp suit is meant to suggest that Dark Souls II abuses you. But all the other costumes are basically cosplay stuff so the gimp doesn't really fit with the setup.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
I was had at the gimp suit...not mad or anything. surprising that Erin would have something like that, guess she might have some masochistic outlets maybe. maybe im just thinking about it too much, though since the whole videogame character hallucinations; for all we know it could be therapeutic. I really love SD and forced isolation it has...

Lovesfool

Jan 28, 2009
This is among the funniest/smartest you've done so far, and I've been following the strip since day one.

I laughed... a lot...

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I'm not sure that Dark Souls outfit is practical. You need to make sure your fingers have full range of motion if you want to survive.
You need to make sure your fingers have full range of motion if you want to survive.
...if you want to survive.
I found flaw in your logic

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Heyyy, I have that gimp suit.

Silly Erin, she should know girls game in only their underwear/birthday suit/Sunday best.