It's not the best, but it's still my favorite.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
The_Vigilant said:
Dethenger said:
Majora's Mask. I mean, it copy-pasted almost everything from Ocarina of Time, and was crippled with time restraints (Miyomoto wanted it out before the Gamecube), but it's still my favourite Zelda game. Hell, it's my favourite game in the world ever.
What? Don't be silly. I think everyone agrees that Majora's Mask was a game of superior quality. Most people just have such fond memories of OoT that they get lost in the nostalgia. Just look at the original post on this thread. MM is to OoT what ME2 is to ME.
I personally disagree. I never liked Majora's Mask. I hated the time thing in it. I could never get past that. I need to give the game a second chance though.

Turigamot

Feb 13, 2011
Morrowind. Poor combat, buggy as all hell, and ugly; but no game filled me with as much awe in its entirety as Morrowind did in the first half an hour.

Trigun. Sure, there are deeper anime out there, or ones that have better quality animation, but Trigun was the most fulfilling to watch.

Malazan Book of the Fallen. As a series, it is confusing as all fuck, and has some parts that have to be slogged through (I am looking at you, Toll the Hounds), but as far as series go, this one's scope, complexity, and detail put it just above A Song of Ice and Fire on my favorites' list.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
It would have to be the game "Ace of Spades". For those of you who have never heard of it, think of it as Minecraft with guns. It's buggy as fuck (you have no idea just how buggy), griefers destroy what you build or cause problems and at times it's not even really fun.

But then, somebody says "A whole bunch of greens [green referring to the enemy green team] incoming" and people start building fortifications and you can see the island landscape slowly become a sort of Maginot line ... and then the game become great!

But then some douchebag on your own team starts destroying the fortifications you and your teammates have built and then you go back to hating the game. But, for those few moments when you're hiding in a bunker you and your comrades built, shooting at enemy soldiers away on another island, it's a fantastic game!

SergeMC

Apr 18, 2010
It's by far not my favorite game in the series, but I don't understand what the hate on the 2008 Prince Of Persia is all about. Sure, it was different, and the fighting system was clunky.

But damn, it had a gorgeous art style, the platforming was really fun and it reminded me of simpler days in 3d gaming. Be honest, since when have we seen a REAL, bare-bones 3d-platformer aside from the Super Mario series?

StealthyNinja

Mar 11, 2010
Resident Evil 4. On the Wii. Sure you can't shoot and walk at the same time and you can't hop a fence that's half your height and the plot is all over the place but I really do love that game. I've replayed it 4 or 5 times and could do it again no problem. It's the game that really got me into gaming and shooting games.

Despite all of the massive plot holes, my anger at some of its more retarded points and how its more of a cash-in than a proper finale, I still love the Deathly Hallows book to death and have reread it too many times.

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
Mass Effect 2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 are widely considered by the respective fanbases to be the weakest games in their franchise so far.

Yet both of them are still my favorite games in their respective franchise. Maybe I like the more action-oriented nature they both have. If that makes me a member of the lowest common denominator, then so be it. They're both lots of fun, and that's why I play games. To have fun.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
Lost(Ok its now finished) the show was kinda awful, plotholes everywhere and a few of the seasons were dull as shit if you watched them week after week[sub](1)[/sub] but i loved it, and the ending was superb, loved it. I'll miss you Hurley :')

[sub]1, I record the entire season of tv show(or buy the boxset) and watch every episode back to back over a weekend. Its much more enjoyable. [/sub]

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
KoTOR is one of my favourites for its story, despite the inventory management and having to walk everywhere.

Also, Psychonauts isn't the best PC port, but I still love that game as one of my all-time favourites.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
The p0rtal games are an obvious example, the first p0rtal game has absolutely no problems, but most people still prefer the second one :p
Also Wind Waker, who cares about the long boat rides, that game is amazing! =D

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
Super Six One said:
Lost(Ok its now finished) the show was kinda awful, plotholes everywhere and a few of the seasons were dull as shit if you watched them week after week[sub](1)[/sub] but i loved it, and the ending was superb, loved it. I'll miss you Hurley :')

[sub]1, I record the entire season of tv show(or buy the boxset) and watch every episode back to back over a weekend. Its much more enjoyable. [/sub]
Wait, whaaaat?

If you take everything but the ending, it was pretty awesome.

The end itself, though, is just one step shy of "it was all a dream".
But maybe we differ on what happened in the end?

I see it as everything that happend on the island, the people who died, the ones who lived, the ones who made it off and the ones who stayed. Even that bit where people ended up jumping thru time. ALLLL of that happened.

But in the last series you had that alternate world where the plane didn't crash yea? Well that was like a purgitory and when any of the characters died on island(or even if they made it off and lived to die of old age) they then woke on this alternate flight where they had to wait until everyone was ready(had died on the real world). Desmond being the only one who could make them aware that they needed to be as one to go of to the afterlife/whateverthehellthatendlightthingwas.
[sub]I have a habbit of being terrrrrible at explaining things, so if you don't understand what im getting at, just say and i'll try to explain it again if you wish.[/sub]

xochiquetzal

Oct 7, 2010
Malcolm McDowell.

He's not the best actor in the world.
He's not had the best career and while some of his movies are note worthy most are crap.

yet I find nothing can sway my love for that man