It's so damn hot! Milk was a bad choice!

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I like the heat, pity the sun seems to bring with it the horrors of hayfever.
My face is literaly flaking off as I write this.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Matthew94 said:
>Can't deal with heat
>Drinks drink that needs boiling water
>Wat
In Morocco, they drink scalding hot green tea, even at the height of summer. It sounds crazy, but drinking something so hot actually does help to make you feel cooler!

[Reference: Visit to a rug shop in Marrakesh. I burnt my tongue but the tea was still delicious.]

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I'm currently getting rain from tropical storm Beryl, the upshot of which is that it's relatively cool; mid 80's and humid instead of high 80's/low 90's and humid. You can pretty much drink the air here.

As for how I handle the heat: shorts and air conditioning. If I'm outside during the summer, it's usually to read in a hammock or to sit on a dock and fish. People who do anything more strenuous are either construction workers or crazy.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I'm not allowed to enjoy summer till the end of my exam period, which is the 12th of June.
Sad.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Dudeman325 said:
Just for the Americans out there, these limeys are complaining about the heat when it isn't even 80*F. Are you kidding me?

captcha: golly jeepers. I could think of a few more explicit words to use to show my surprise...
Are you serious? That's comfortable. Anything below 80 is cool. Anything below 75 is downright cold. I have to run the AC in my house just to get it down to 80, and it stays there during the day to save money.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Too Warm!

My laptop can't handle the heat... or you know I could just go outside

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Matthew94 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Are you bloody joking?

It's hot out there, you know.

And I'm not on holiday abroad, therefore I can't deal with this kind of heat.

*Sips tea*

Quite
>Can't deal with heat
>Drinks drink that needs boiling water
>Wat

You English really love your tea, don't you?
Tea is water in its preferred state.

True story.
The man speaks truth.

I came to this thread just for the Anchorman quote.

In any case, I've been revising day in, day out for five days straight. Cramming full on. It all comes down to it tomorrow. Knowing my luck, the moment I step out of the exam hall, it's going to start pissing it down.

I love this weather. We Yorkshiremen can resist temperatures of up to 1500 degrees celsius, or as low as -30,000 degrees celsius. More frequently, we must engage in the latter. Which, when combined with sleet, we call "shorts and t-shirts, contact rugby on a muddy field, or tarmac" weather.

Tha' thar's a gert true story.

Toby Kitching said:
Bertylicious said:
People who like the cold aren't really people. They're some kind of otherkin.
I read this as 'they're some kind of northerner'. Really rather appropriate.

yes.
Exactly. Now, I'm off to wrestle dogs and shoot the Welsh. Ay up, lads!

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Zantos said:
Also I know there are users from a fair few countries that you wouldn't take your jumper off if you were here, but let us have this one.
Yeah...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/dallas-breaks-record-for-most/55022

I live in Dallas in case that wasn't obvious.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Shanicus said:
Wait, how hot is it in Britain at the moment? If you say anything below 30 degrees I'm officially banning your country from Summer. That's still jumper weather, not barbeque weather. Barbeque weather starts at around 38 degrees.

Though when It does get 'hot' in a country that has a proper summer, I tend to just laze around the house or do gardening. Occasionally go out and walk/meet up with mates for some drinks.
[sub]That's mainly because my laptop overheats in the summer... stupid European piece of crap...[/sub]
what! 38! Don't you know that 32*C is the melting point of an Englishman?

I had to venture out today (jobhunting yay! none shall escape without at least one copy of my cv) and after 20 minutes my eyes just hurt. It is so bright, off every surface! I had to leave the shelter of my hoody for the first time since August and my arms are turning red as we speak.

Give me cold days and grey skies any day.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
I hate it. The heat is somehow sapping my strength. Its just too hot to do anything. My hands are radiating heat. My armpits are lubricated by so much sweat I reckon I could drown a man by putting him in a headlock.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Hate it, really fucking hate it.

My 3yo thrives in the Sun so I have no choice but to get burn and sulk. At least there's suppose to be rain Wednesday. HURRAH!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
lRookiel said:
lacktheknack said:
lRookiel said:
lacktheknack said:
lRookiel said:
Daystar Clarion said:
lRookiel said:
I've just complained alot.

I fucking hate hot weather, I want it to be cold again!

I'd much rather be freezing my ass off than be sweaty, fuck you Sun!
Agreed.

When I'm cold, I can just put another layer on and I'm sorted.

But when it's hot?

Well, I can't bloody well walk around naked now, can I?
It's horrible Daystar, I've actually been forced to wear SHORTS!

I NEVER have to wear shorts!
Pfffpfffpfffpfffpffff. Us Albertans wear shorts until it's -10 degrees... then we wear them MOAR.
Now you see, since we English are so much more attractive than you Canadians (and all other nationalities), our perfect looks come at a price, we lack the resilience to weather, however it is a price I am willing to pay.

:3
WHADDAYA MEAN WE AREN'T AS ATTRACTIVE AS THE BRITS?

http://satwcomic.com/art/the-canadian-siblings.jpg
I think..... I think, oh shit. *Runs to bathroom and vomits*
Overcome by our omnipresent, excellently groomed hair?

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
The heat is oppressive. Why can't summer here be like Rome in March? Not too hot, just right. Why does British Weather never get it right?

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
Uncomfortably hot for the last week, so I have whacked out the lycras whenever I cycle anywhere.

However, we're forecast rain, rejoice!

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
It's honestly hot enough that I've decided to temporarily adopt the siesta to get me through the height of the day, much better than revising.

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
Pebblig said:
Uncomfortably hot for the last week, so I have whacked out the lycras whenever I cycle anywhere.

However, we're forecast rain, rejoice!
You want MORE rain? We had weeks of boring, unpleasant drizzle, I'm tired of it.

I've been loving this weather, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed the sun here like this.

Of course this may have something to do with my heater being stuck on max all year, so I've been sleeping and staying in a 25+ degree room all year. It's actually cooler in my room now because the radiator's shut off and isn't venting hot air in front of the window.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Bertylicious said:

This is the only time the country is at the Perfect Temperature apart from a freak 2 weeks in March where a spanish flume sucks all the warm weather from the continent. We should enjoy it for all it is worth.

People who like the cold aren't really people. They're some kind of otherkin.
It's not so much we prefer the cold more, but rather we hate the heat more. We prefer the term thermophobic.

moloha

Feb 28, 2010
Here, in Cyprus, a summer is considered cool if it doesn't pass the 40C mark.

It's been decades since we've had a cool summer.