It's the apocalypse, and the protagonist from the game you last played is your teammate.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Yep, my female dunmer assassin from oblivion again.

This is gonna be awesome, in every possible way.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
steelserenity said:
Farther than stars said:
steelserenity said:
Farther than stars said:
Well, right now I'm playing Fallout 3 with a character who I'm creating to be as adaptable to the situation as possible, i.e. to be a survivor. So I think I'll be OK. ;)
Well that's just some awesome luck lol!

OT: Why does it seem like I'm the only one who has a crappy teammate???! Of all the times to play Catherine...

EDIT: It's possible to have an apocalypse without super mutants?? I...I don't understand...
Well... you did create this poll... =/ You could have also created the poll: "You have the wrestle the protagonist etc." Then you'd have been home cheap. ;) (Whereas I'd get to pick .44 schrapnel out of my chest.)
Also, isn't it just possible that we have a nuclear apocalypse where the human genome isn't as malleable as Play Doh and we just die from radiation poisoning? Or what about some murdering virus which wipes most of us out? Or what about Armageddon? Or do you count angels and demons as mutants? =/
Well... fair enough :p Even I could kick the crap out of Vincent lol.

Yes, I guess those are all possibilities buuuuut... what's the fun in just dying?? A little bit of mutation is where it's at ;)
(for an apocalypse, I mean)
But that is the whole point though. An apocalypse is just a whole lot of dying (probably you too) and the point of that is that it is not fun. That's really want the term apocalypse is supposed to imply anyway... not fun. =/

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
the spud said:
steelserenity said:
the spud said:
steelserenity said:
the spud said:
Fuck yeah, I got Gordon Freeman. We even share the same last name, so we are like brothers[sub]only closer[/sub].

I guess we could have a lot of fun with those super mutants, eh?
now THAT's a fighting partner!!! I'm so jealous, not fair. [sub]....trade???[/sub]
Hmmm...My badass super genius super soldier who can keep his fucking mouth shut, for your whiny, timid mama's boy?

Sounds like a trade.
Or maybe, a third option, we use Vincent as a guinea pig for checking out dangerous areas, then ditch him and all fight on our own team with the awesome super soldier??
It's win win lol.
Or maybe, we could sell Vincent to the slavers and, when they realize that he is a worthless piece of crap and dump him, we pick him back up and repeat the process with a new group of slavers. Infinite profit.
Step one: Yell at Vincent about how much he sucks.
Step two: Try to get him killed as a guinea pig.
Step three: ?
Step four: profit!

You filled in our step three, my friend. :D

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
Ezio circa AC Brotherhood. With my arsenal of firearms and his of...well, everything as well as his total and complete badassery, we shall save the innocent and worthy and punish the wrongdoers. Starting with the Templars who I assume are responsible for the apocalypse.

Soulstiger

Jul 28, 2011
I just got finished playing Bastion on New Game Plus....so it think i'll be fine, even if he is just a kid...

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
Farther than stars said:
steelserenity said:
Farther than stars said:
steelserenity said:
Farther than stars said:
Well, right now I'm playing Fallout 3 with a character who I'm creating to be as adaptable to the situation as possible, i.e. to be a survivor. So I think I'll be OK. ;)
Well that's just some awesome luck lol!

OT: Why does it seem like I'm the only one who has a crappy teammate???! Of all the times to play Catherine...

EDIT: It's possible to have an apocalypse without super mutants?? I...I don't understand...
Well... you did create this poll... =/ You could have also created the poll: "You have the wrestle the protagonist etc." Then you'd have been home cheap. ;) (Whereas I'd get to pick .44 schrapnel out of my chest.)
Also, isn't it just possible that we have a nuclear apocalypse where the human genome isn't as malleable as Play Doh and we just die from radiation poisoning? Or what about some murdering virus which wipes most of us out? Or what about Armageddon? Or do you count angels and demons as mutants? =/
Well... fair enough :p Even I could kick the crap out of Vincent lol.

Yes, I guess those are all possibilities buuuuut... what's the fun in just dying?? A little bit of mutation is where it's at ;)
(for an apocalypse, I mean)
But that is the whole point though. An apocalypse is just a whole lot of dying (probably you too) and the point of that is that it is not fun. That's really want the term apocalypse is supposed to imply anyway... not fun. =/
I guess in real life it wouldn't be, I see your point.
But also, I don't think any of us would have our most recent video games characters with us in real life either lol :p (that we know of....)
However, I see what you're gettin' at.

the spud

May 2, 2011
steelserenity said:
the spud said:
steelserenity said:
the spud said:
steelserenity said:
the spud said:
Fuck yeah, I got Gordon Freeman. We even share the same last name, so we are like brothers[sub]only closer[/sub].

now THAT's a fighting partner!!! I'm so jealous, not fair. [sub]....trade???[/sub]
Hmmm...My badass super genius super soldier who can keep his fucking mouth shut, for your whiny, timid mama's boy?

Sounds like a trade.
Or maybe, a third option, we use Vincent as a guinea pig for checking out dangerous areas, then ditch him and all fight on our own team with the awesome super soldier??
It's win win lol.
Or maybe, we could sell Vincent to the slavers and, when they realize that he is a worthless piece of crap and dump him, we pick him back up and repeat the process with a new group of slavers. Infinite profit.

Step 3: Punch Vincent in the face. I don't know if it will make money, but it will be oh so satisfying.

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
Soulstiger said:
I just got finished playing Bastion on New Game Plus....so it think i'll be fine, even if he is just a kid...
Little bit off topic, but is Bastion good?? I was thinkin' of picking it up...

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
the spud said:
steelserenity said:
the spud said:
steelserenity said:
the spud said:
steelserenity said:
the spud said:

Sounds like a trade.
It's win win lol.

Step 3: Punch Vincent in the face. I don't know if it will make money, but it will be oh so satisfying.
Considering that's what I wanted to do to him the whole goddamn game, I agree lol.
So satisfying...

Soulstiger

Jul 28, 2011
@steelserenity I thought it was brilliant. You could grab the trial before buying it, although i have heard people say it isn't a very good representation of the game. Its a simple hack and slash, and all of the weapons are viable through out the game. You don't just get a shiny new over-powered weapon that makes you want to throw everything else out. And the story is amazing too, if not a little confusing at times. And, according to the response of the sales for the official soundtrack and my personal oppinion, the music is excellent as well.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
The last game I played that actually had a protagonist was "Chtulhu saves the World", sooo... I get Chtulhu as a partner? I'm sure we'd win... but would I want to?

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
@Soulstiger Yeah, I heard some awesome things about it! Especially the music, i'm glad to hear it really lives up to what people have been saying. I think I might just pick it up, thanks for the insight! :D

PS. I LOVE hack and slash, so it's probably gonna be love at first sight :)

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
I get Chell from Portal....
I should be good to go, though I doubt anything I'd do would get her to talk or do much in the way of acknowledging my existence.

steelserenity

Jul 21, 2011
JinxyKatte said:
steelserenity said:
JinxyKatte said:
Me and a very sexy female Shepard from ME2. Do I win??
Depends... just how sexy are we talkin'? lol
Very lol. Im currently pushing for a relationship with Kelly :)
I'd be more inclined to say "awe awesome!!!" if I had any idea what that meant lol... I've never played any form of Mass Effect if you can believe it :O!