It's time for Q & A!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Don't know about the ZP question. Look at the post above mine for that.

I have a question, why the hell do I find these types of girls more attractive than any kind of woman in the world? (warning, may be inappropriate.)

[spoiler/]Mod Edit: An image of a provocatively posed Japanese woman was here with a capture featuring masturbation references.[/spoiler]
Probably for the same reason I find these types of girls extremely attractive, more so than other girls:

Just a matter of opinion.

Anyway, my question. Why do people hate on general indie culture and on particular bands, like Coldplay (though they aren't strictly 'indie'), especially on this site in particular, then proceed to announce their love for the latest screamo metal band who have no real singing talent or ability to play their instruments beyond ten minute guitar solos?

(Don't get me wrong, I like some metal, like speed metal, and ten minute guitar solos are awesome. But I'm an indie guy at heart and I just want to see some more love for great music like Animal Collective, Modest Mouse, Florence and the Machine, Arctic Monkeys, Reverend and the Makers and so on...)

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Trivun said:
Anyway, my question. Why do people hate on general indie culture and on particular bands, like Coldplay (though they aren't strictly 'indie'), especially on this site in particular, then proceed to announce their love for the latest screamo metal band who have no real singing talent or ability to play their instruments beyond ten minute guitar solos?

(Don't get me wrong, I like some metal, like speed metal, and ten minute guitar solos are awesome. But I'm an indie guy at heart and I just want to see some more love for great music like Animal Collective, Modest Mouse, Florence and the Machine, Arctic Monkeys, Reverend and the Makers and so on...)
Because most Indie people are extremely pretentious. Also, remember, good music is not a singers "talent" or the guitarwank abilities of their guitarist, it's how it actually sounds in the end, which is why it is fully possible to enjoy such things as punk rock.

soulasylum85

Dec 26, 2008
clairedelune said:
Some Atmosphere song repeats the question "How many licks does it take to get to the center of your universe?"
So... How many licks does it take to get to the center of YOUR universe?
it depends on who is licking and where they lick.

if you have sex with a prostitute against her will is it rape or shoplifting?

why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?

why is it that if you take something by truck its called a SHIPment but if you take it by boat its called CARgo?

why do they call them APARTments when they are so close together?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
soulasylum85 said:
if you have sex with a prostitute against her will is it rape or shoplifting?

why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway?

why is it that if you take something by truck its called a SHIPment but if you take it by boat its called CARgo?

why do they call them APARTments when they are so close together?
Both. You should get twice the jail time, too, ye bastard.

I have no idea.

SHIPment can be something shipped in a car, ship or plane. CARgo can be with a car, too.
The method of how the customer gets the package is what makes cargo cargo.

They CAN be close together. And most all apartments are connected, in that they share a wall, or maybe even two. How's that that apart.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I think im pregnant.. am i?
clairedelune said:
Some Atmosphere song repeats the question "How many licks does it take to get to the center of your universe?"
So... How many licks does it take to get to the center of YOUR universe?
I need a damn good licking but i warn you, im sour!

fanozelda9

Dec 10, 2009
I got a question you may or may not want to answer that I got from a book of useless knowledge; Which is louder a jet taking off or hippos having sex?

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
KazNecro said:
Ridergurl10 said:
Rahheemme said:
Does anyone have a smart friend that knows a lot of interesting information, but you can't site anything he tells you because it comes off as "my friend once told me?"
Yes, although I've found that a lot of things that friend tells me he actually made up, but was really good at bs . . . or maybe I'm just really gullible
Did you know that "gullible" is not really in the dictionary?
Even I'm not THAT gullible . . . and no I swear I have *never* fallen for that before :)

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
Ridergurl10 said:
KazNecro said:
Ridergurl10 said:
Rahheemme said:
Does anyone have a smart friend that knows a lot of interesting information, but you can't site anything he tells you because it comes off as "my friend once told me?"
Yes, although I've found that a lot of things that friend tells me he actually made up, but was really good at bs . . . or maybe I'm just really gullible
Did you know that "gullible" is not really in the dictionary?
Even I'm not THAT gullible . . . and no I swear I have *never* fallen for that before :)
I'm just checking ;)

I have to do my part to try and flush out the oxygen-wasters in the world.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Question: Can you answer my question without saying "Yes"?
Quite possibly.

PyroTiger said:
Why is the sky blue?
It's something to do with the upper atmosphere absorbing certain wavelengths of sunlight, but not all of them - blue still gets through to us. We still see the sun as yellow because it's seriously bright.

Why do dragons hate me?
I miss my marble collection.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Omikron009 said:
I realized that a lot of threads are made by people who want to ask just one or two questions. On this thread, you can ask any question you want, and hope someone will answer it, or just put your random questions out there. Here's mine:

You know that bored looking face that pops up occasionally in Zero Punctuation videos? What is that?
go watch his x games interview. he states it there.