I've been thinking about getting into Eve Online, anyone have tips or advice?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Well, title says it all, I've been following the game's lore and happenings between player alliances for years now (as well as when someone lost 1500$US worth of in game items because of stupidity on their part... as well as when the exact same thing happened again) and I've made the decision to start playing the game.

Any Eve players out there have any advice or tips for a new guy?

Mr Jack

Sep 10, 2008
I've been playing EVE for a few months.

Don't worry about what you pick during character creation, the choices are almost entirely cosmetic.

What parts of EVE appeal to you? If you are totally new, do all the different career tutorial missions, it will give you a reasonable overview of how different elements of the game work.

While some activities can be enjoyed solo (I quite enjoy exploration), almost all activities are more fun with friends. Find an activity you enjoy, and then find a corporation that does that thing.

If you want an extended trial, https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=678c5037-2f9b-4066-ac04-33188551c4b5&action=buddy

use that link. If you want more help, my in game name is Robert Cullis. Add me if you want ask me any questions.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Mr Jack said:
Thanks for the pointers, I'm aware of the basics of the game and already have a few plans (namely having one of my characters join a mining corp. since I actually like that type of thing, while another will be a stealth bomber in an alliance a friend of mine is part of) it's the more difficult things like knowing where to mine or get the jump on people that I'm looking forward to learning. The hard way. Many times. There will be blood.