IW ruin MW2 online gameplay before it even releases. Updated.

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
DeathWyrmNexus said:
While I am a console gamer and don't PC game, this is due to financial issues as well as a hatred of dealing with keyboards because I honestly like a console controller most of the time. That said, this sucks.

PC gaming has the best Multiplayer for a reason and this takes a shit on it. So much for mods and private servers. D:

You PC Gamers have this console-tard's sympathy.
I appreciate your understanding. was really looking forward to buying this game for MP but now I won't.
Hybridwolf said:
As far as I can tell, PC gamers get screwed over, whilst us simple folk on the consoles carry on as usual. Ah well, not my problem...

But please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know if anything does affect me...
generally no, PC games are way better if ported properly. for instance modern warfare 2 costs £35 on PC , £45 on console (and thats not an exception but the rule borderlands is £10 cheaper too).

and theres lots of better things like mods and custom servers and all these things IW are trying to take away from us with modern warfare 2 on PC.

so yeah they are screwing us but for their last game it was; cheaper box price, better graphics, up to way more people per server (played 55 player games of CoD4), mods, custom servers, custom maps, didn't have to pay a penny for extra maps etc.

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Lemme get this straight:

IW has decided to use Steam and VAC servers to eliminate cheating and create more leveled playing experiences for the multiplayer instead of using Punkbuster, which is not doing it's job from what I've heard, and having thousands of privately-owned servers who will kick you off for not being in their clan?

Basically, IW is cracking down on cheating and making the game fair?

And it's ruined the game HOW?

Ben7

Apr 15, 2009
Thats incredibly lame, hopefully people will throw enough flak at IW to consider what a shit move they have made.

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
Ben7 said:
Thats incredibly lame, hopefully people will throw enough flak at IW to consider what a shit move they have made.
well they've kept it in the dark till now and even now its barely official. bet alot of PC gamers already bought the game and will buy the game not knowing.

I guess preodering games is never smart. guess I will wait for reviews before buying borderlands also, you just never know.

ReepNeep

Jan 21, 2008
Joeshie said:
Chipperz said:
...I can't see anything there which console gamers have struggled to cope wi... No, wait, we've had it fine all this time. You'll live.
You've had it fine all this time because you didn't know any better.

What you said would be like if Microsoft they were changing X-Box Live to use friend codes like on the Wii and me saying "Oh well, Wii users had it fine all this time so you will be fine too."

Just because you console gamers are stupid enough to enjoy buying all your extra content and having terrible lag on player hosted servers doesn't mean that PC gamers are.
Pardon my crassness, but if you're born with corporate dick crammed up your ass would you ever even notice? They've simply never had the opportunity to experience any other way of being, so they're content with their situation. (this also happens to be my theory on how they can be content playing FPS games with two stubby, inaccurate joysticks)

The reason PC gamers come off as elitist is because they are. They are that way because they recognize that their experience is superior to that which they can get on a closed system like a console. I wasn't going to buy the game anyway after the nadefest that was CoD4, but this is just reprehensible. Like someone said earlier, the only positive in this is dumping the horrid punkbuster for VAC. Sadly this seems to be more and more common even on the PC.

Now get off my lawn.

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Guys, you want to change it now, you need to then accept a release date change to the 24th of November. If you force IW to change the multiplayer, it WILL be delayed.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
I planned on buying it for 360 anyway, which is already like this.

A huge less amount of hacking douche bags

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Banok said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
While I am a console gamer and don't PC game, this is due to financial issues as well as a hatred of dealing with keyboards because I honestly like a console controller most of the time. That said, this sucks.

PC gaming has the best Multiplayer for a reason and this takes a shit on it. So much for mods and private servers. D:

You PC Gamers have this console-tard's sympathy.
I appreciate your understanding. was really looking forward to buying this game for MP but now I won't.
Ya, I've played multiplayer games on PC. It was fucking great. The Simpsons mod for Quake was fucking epic. This spits in the face of that kind of epic.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
Chipperz said:
Lowbreed said:
AH fuck this, if I wanted a dumbed down experience I'd be playing it on the console.
Next thing you know the PC will have auto aim.
And this, right here, is why all PC gamers get a reputation as being elitist bellends.

Lowbrow... Breed... Whatever... Don't post again, you're only making us look bad.
(Superior mouse aim aside)
Elitist? Because I enjoy a balanced, perfectly tweaked experience over a shitty clusterfuck of activision / infinity ward's slip ups. This pretty much means that we won't be finding any grenade launcher-less or martyrdom-less servers any more.

Hey, as long as they fix the spawning I'm more or less happy.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
x434343 said:
Lemme get this straight:

IW has decided to use Steam and VAC servers to eliminate cheating and create more leveled playing experiences for the multiplayer instead of using Punkbuster, which is not doing it's job from what I've heard, and having thousands of privately-owned servers who will kick you off for not being in their clan?

Do not underestimate just how much some PC gamers hate being reminded that they're exactly the same as console gamers. They like to think they're better, when in fact, they aren't. It's... Sad, in a pathetic kind of way.

Lowbreed said:
Chipperz said:
Lowbreed said:
AH fuck this, if I wanted a dumbed down experience I'd be playing it on the console.
Next thing you know the PC will have auto aim.
And this, right here, is why all PC gamers get a reputation as being elitist bellends.

Lowbrow... Breed... Whatever... Don't post again, you're only making us look bad.
(Superior mouse aim aside)
Elitist? Because I enjoy a balanced, perfectly tweaked experience over a shitty clusterfuck of activision / infinity ward's slip ups. This pretty much means that we won't be finding any grenade launcher-less or martyrdom-less servers any more.

Hey, as long as they fix the spawning I'm more or less happy.
It's the same game! PS3 owners, 360 owners and PC owners ALL GOT THE SAME GAME LAST TIME! All that's happening now is that they're making sure it's exactly the same game. Please, get off your high horse.

Jupsto

Feb 8, 2008
x434343 said:
Lemme get this straight:

using VAC instead of punkbuster is a good thing in mine and i'm sure many books. using steam to stop piracy no one can complain with legitimately. so I agree with you up to there but from there you've got it all wrong.

no servers will kick you for not being in their clan, if its private it would have a password. from that you've obviously never played PC games on dedicated servers so obligatory matchmaking doesn't seem god awful because you've never known any different and simply don't know what your missing.

Lowbreed said:
This pretty much means that we won't be finding any grenade launcher-less or martyrdom-less servers any more.
oh god that pretty much sums it all.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna pirate this game now.

Fucking Infinity Ward, trying to fuck over the PC market. Alot of the things they are taking away are the reasons why I prefer PC gaming. the challenge, Clan servers AND THE MODS!!! =[

*Takes MW 2 off my purchase list*

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
x434343 said:
Because private run servers with mods have NUMEROUS advantages over player hosted ones. But you console players wouldn't know that because you've never experienced it.

They basically took one of the good things about the PC platform and just removed it. As a developer, your supposed to remove the bad stuff, not the good stuff.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Sparrow said:
so, instead of confusing a boatload of new users, it's easier to just piss off a few hardcore PC fans.
And how, exactly, is a server list going to confuse a boatload of people?

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Joeshie said:
x434343 said:
Because private run servers with mods have NUMEROUS advantages over player hosted ones. But you console players wouldn't know that because you've never experienced it.

They basically took one of the good things about the PC platform and just removed it. As a developer, your supposed to remove the bad stuff, not the good stuff.
-chuckles-

I'm a PC player IN SUPPORT of the IW.NET system.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Chipperz said:
It's the same game! PS3 owners, 360 owners and PC owners ALL GOT THE SAME GAME LAST TIME! All that's happening now is that they're making sure it's exactly the same game. Please, get off your high horse.
Really?

Could you kindly point out to me where in the 360 or PS3 version I can start making or downloading mods? Or where can I change my settings for better visuals than the consoles can have (like higher resolution for instances), higher frame rates than consoles, or both? Could you show me where exactly, in the console versions, can I open the developer console and customize my server with cvars that fit my gaming preferences, like removing specific skills, weapons, changing number of players allowed and other settings besides the normal preset limitations, etc...?

...You can't? Well, I guess we didn't get the same version at all then. Go figure!

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Enigmers said:
Sparrow said:
so, instead of confusing a boatload of new users, it's easier to just piss off a few hardcore PC fans.
And how, exactly, is a server list going to confuse a boatload of people?
Well, take my Dad for example. He doesn't really go near online computer games. The most he's played is Red Alert. However, when I handed him a copy of MW for his birthday, I had him calling me up the next day asking me to explain to him how the online works, as there wasn't any obvious meaning to what the server lists meant. For instance, pink servers might mean "Newbies", but there's no outlining that anywhere. Nor is there any outline to what "Prestige 5+" means, so my old man is confused when he's randomly kicked from games.