J.K. Rowling should just write another HP book

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
I could stand to have a new series in the Potter World. Maybe not following Harry, exactly, but definitely some kind of look into the lives of the rest of the wizards living in the world.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
cjspyres said:
I just guess to me, it really looks like she wants to go back to the wizarding world because she's so eager to release new material whenever she can. I mean, I'd be surprised if she wasn't already, considering how often she does release new exposition.
Most of what she's done is the world-building nerdery me and my friends do for fun. While I can't conclude that she must be doing it for the same reasons, it seems likely that this is a different animal than the urge to write a new book or series.

In fact, this is normally the stuff we do when we're trying to put off other ventures.

I also imagine that a full release would unleash a kraken-load of hate. I'm guessing there's almost no way to handle another book in the series without pissing off a massive number of fans in one way or another.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
She should either do a spinoff or let someone else do it. Flesh out the world more. Pick up on things that were mentioned, but not elabroated on in the main books. Give us HP Expanded Universe. The world is worth it.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
She would certainly make a lot of money off of returning to that universe. However, she isn't particularly interested in money. Isn't she even one of the rare cases of billionaires that have given so much away to charity as to no longer be a billionaire?

Regardless, she would bring a lot of joy to a lot of people by returning to that universe. But she doesn't really owe us anything more after having contributed such an immense work to mankind.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
RealRT said:
She should either do a spinoff or let someone else do it. Flesh out the world more. Pick up on things that were mentioned, but not elabroated on in the main books. Give us HP Expanded Universe. The world is worth it.
Er...you mean like the "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movies currently being made, set, at least in part, in 1920s New York?

Korenith

Oct 11, 2010
I'd rather she just stopped chucking out random snippets like she's discovered a bit of the manuscript stuffed down the back of her sofa. It just seems like she's worried everyone will forget who she is if she stops mentioning Harry Potter. Chill the fuck out. You created the most widely recognised piece of fiction in decades! Nobody's going to forget you.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Who still cared for the franchise after past its popularity (the books and movies)? The fans?

Who knows, maybe she will pulled a Akira Toriyama and released a remake of the books and called Harry Potter Super many years later.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
thaluikhain said:
RealRT said:
Er...you mean like the "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movies currently being made, set, at least in part, in 1920s New York?
Sorta, only books and interesting.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Yeah, I wish she'd either just release an official companion book, or shut the hell up. These little pearls of wisdom and "insights" that she trots out on a roughly annual basis are the literary equivalent of microtransactions. Books usually have a quite pleasant sense of self-contained permanence and what she's doing disrupts that.

I'm probably being an overly anal curmudgeon, and I imagine there are plenty of readers who positively delight at having extra bits of backstory filled in now and again, but as a conservative, traditionalist old fart I think she has a duty, not least to her own work, to draw a line under it and say "There. That's it. That's the finished product. Any questions left unanswered or plot holes left unfilled can be assumed to be intentional."

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
There's that movie series she's writing the scripts for, based on the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them book. Like three movies with Newt Scamander as the main character (I assume.) I thought this would be very common knowledge amongst Harry Potter fans by now.