jack thompson mocking us for the taliban change

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82327/jack-thompson-thinks-gamers-should-go-to-hell/ "Sure. I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don?t think so and who don?t appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell.? with a later follow-up email adding ?and please add: Any gamers that don?t know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I?ll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly.?-jack thompson this bring my piss to a boil D<

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010
I wonder if anyone asks him "If games desensitize people so much, why hasn't a gamer put a bullet through your skull yet?" be?

He'd probably come up with some bullshit about God.

Lawyers need to go to hell, even ex-lawyers. They are the scum of the earth who encourage people to turn into ravaging animals who fight with each other over trivial money for their personal benefit.

See, it's really not hard to turn things on you Mr. Thompson.

*Disclaimer: I do not personally hold that view of all lawyers, just the ones that advertise on TV specifically.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
It's been mentioned before on the forum but yes he is a prick let's move on.

AnOriginalConcept

Jan 7, 2010
There's already been a thread about this.

I think everyone should ignore Thompson. He seems to enjoy attention, whether it is positive or negative.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
I do have to say i'm a little dissapointed with the Medal of Honor guys for changing the name from Taliban. Call of Duty 2 gets alot of flak for the airport scene in it and they just enjoy the free press while Medal of Honor just rolls over.

I'm being a little mean. I'm sure they had very real reasons but if nothing else now where going to have to listen to Jack brag about this the next time a video game related issue crosses his radar.

Michael Dagastino

Feb 22, 2010
I actually would have bought the game if the taliban part was in it. Now it's just another piece of unsophisticated, non-offencive piece of neo-garbage, like most other shooters these days. Sure they are fun (somewhat) but really, no matter what you do, you will piss some one off, so make the most of it, and create what you dreamed, not what the retarded masses dribble about. (this is why i like indie/small devs.)

But i am one man. Feel free to point out my insignificance, or say how i am wrong.

Note: My rant is about making games better, not about finances. may be a little hard to tell (not a sarcastic comment, literally) I will reinforce my argument/become more able to defend it when i am not on the verge of passing out.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
redeemer09 said:
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82327/jack-thompson-thinks-gamers-should-go-to-hell/ "Sure. I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don?t think so and who don?t appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell.? with a later follow-up email adding ?and please add: Any gamers that don?t know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I?ll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly.?-jack thompson this bring my piss to a boil D<
Why is anyone even paying this guy any credence?

He's a moron, don't waste your time.

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
Still Life said:
redeemer09 said:
Why is anyone even paying this guy any credence?

He's a moron, don't waste your time.
couse this moron just got his way

tbbrownah

Aug 30, 2009
The way I see it, he was a fifty-something year old man with the mind of a three-year-old and a law degree, and now that he's been disbarred he has nothing better to do in his spare time.

That, and no matter how much he and other morons hate it, gaming ISN'T GOING AWAY. Ignorant people of the world have demonized books, music, television, the movies, and comics from day one, and all of them are still bloody here.

Bottom line is, he's wasting his time, but no one is going to convince him of that because he's figuratively stuffing his fingers in his ears and going "lalalalalalala" any time someone takes him to task. He's nothing more than a minor annoyance, and once people stop caring about what he thinks, he'll hopefully be mature about it and find something more productive to do on the way down the metaphorical hill.

If he doesn't, then we can all at least point and laugh at him.

Arkham

Esoteric Cultist
Jan 22, 2009
I'm not the least bit surprised Thompson is gloating about choosing the "winning side" of a controversy. He's just that kind of guy. What gets me is the "cheat code" comment. Yeah, okay, there are people I don't like either but I don't tell every worthless sack of meat I meet to put bullets in their heads.

On second thought, I'd like to e-mail him and ask about the cheat code and see what becomes of that.