Jack Tretton Steps Down From Sony Computer Entertainment America

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
B-but I like seeing him at E3 every year. This kinda sucks, but what can you do?

Well, I know Sony as a whole isn't doing too well, but the Playstation brand has been doing fairly well, so it can't be because of that. I hope he finds success in whatever endeavor he plans to go on to.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
B-but I like seeing him at E3 every year. This kinda sucks, but what can you do?

Well, I know Sony as a whole isn't doing too well, but the Playstation brand has been doing fairly well, so it can't be because of that. I hope he finds success in whatever endeavor he plans to go on to.
I'm still convinced he just got offered another job like how Don Mattrick did, only he didn't decide to give the company he worked for a hard time marketing their product after E3. XD
Seriously, when you look back on it, a lot of the stupid things that Don Mattrick said really caused a lot of people to not want an Xbox One. Then again, when you're gonna leave your job you generally don't care. XD

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Neronium said:
Hero of Lime said:

I'm still convinced he just got offered another job like how Don Mattrick did, only he didn't decide to give the company he worked for a hard time marketing their product after E3. XD
Seriously, when you look back on it, a lot of the stupid things that Don Mattrick said really caused a lot of people to not want an Xbox One. Then again, when you're gonna leave your job you generally don't care. XD
Yeah there is a good chance that is the reason, it seems like an odd time to leave, but maybe it's actually a good time, who knows?

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
This makes me genuinely sad.

Jack was one of the coolest guys in the business. One of the few that didn't feel like just a guy in a suit.

I hope things go well for him moving forward, though I do wish he'd stay.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
omega 616 said:
This is something I will never understand. I have been unemployed for 4 years and I am just starting a career, the idea of leaving a well payed (I assume this dude is getting mega bucks at this position) would leave out of some misguided notion that his life is a book or that he has to find a new path.

Ok, a guy like this will probably walk into another job but why have that break? Just keep pulling in the cash! I've heard the tired old "I make much less money now but I am so much happier" thing and the saying "money can't buy happiness" but it can buy a lot of cool shit and make sure your family for generations to come will be well off!
imagine that financial security is no longer an issue, he probably has enough money to never work again if he wants.
so what is your goal then? mine would be to have as much fun as i can (obviuosly i dont mean drugs or something but rather to do the job i love doing). Now what if that high paying job provides restrictions that dont allow that? you quit it and go where you can have fun, after all, pay does not matter anymore since your financially secure. and your CV will look good enough to get a well paid job if any such problems occur anyway.