Jagex Busts Teen for School Shooting Comment

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
A bit harsh considering HA HASNT DONE ANITHING YET, and im pretty sure you have to actually commit a crime in order to be punished for it, but since he IS 18 hence responsible for whatever comes out of his mouth (or fingers in this case) these precautionary measures can be considered "acceptable" a bit unconstitutional but acceptable nonetheless (to bad you cant jail people for being dumb)

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
Blackfire001 said:
Their rights in the courtroom are NOT to supersede the constitution. Even more so in a STATE GOVERNMENT BUILDING. That is illegal. Yes some forms of "speech" are not protected. Verbal assault is the easiest of examples. However saying he's going to do something with no advertent history is not an arrestable offence. At least it isn't in many states. You have to have reasonable intent. You can NOT get intent on simply words alone. You have to have backing, you have to have context. You can't take someone on their word alone. Now to arrest him in the home and take the weapons from his father they would have to have a warrant. Meaning a judge had to ok the execution of arrest.(varies by state) I would LOVE to be the lawyer on this case. Because I want to see the evidence that gave the judge reasonable intent that this was a viable threat.
meaning you want to "protect" this little piece of shit, im an atheist but im sure that there is a especial hell for all lawyers, he DESERVED what happened to him independently of context or proper procedures, go ask any of the parents of ANY kid in a school shooting if you think im wrong

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Blackfire001 said:
"Thomas Frongillo of 44 Ennis Road, North Oxford, is studying criminal justice at Anna Maria and is currently in the police academy. He had been promised a job as a part-time officer with the Oakham Police Department, which was sponsoring him in the academy, his lawyer said."

So he knows weapon systems, and is a smart ass. I fail to see how that makes him a criminal.

"threatening to commit a crime and threatening a bombing or hijacking." I want to read the context of this law. Because I'll bet you a gallon of gas it doesn't cover context. Meaning it was a law signed that is so open and varied a bunny could be arrested for taking a fatty dump on a schools lawn.
http://definitions.uslegal.com/t/terroristic-threat/

BOOM CONTEXT!

OT: He wasn't arrested and prosecuted for something he didn't do like a lot of people defending him are saying. If the charges were homicide then I would agree that it was thought crime, but he was prosecuted for a terroristic threat, which are taken very seriously.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
CrossLOPER said:
IanDavis said:
Further digging revealed that he previously talked about shooting a squirrel with a .12 shotgun.
STONE. COLD. KILLA.
Ehhh, it depends on the squirrel:

I'm not sure I like the way that anything anyone posts on the internet is being dredged back up to spite them, then again, you actually have to post this crap in the first place for it to be used against you. There's a lesson in that somewhere...

Oh yeah, don't be a dick!
Problem solved.

Master_Fubar23

Jun 25, 2009
IanDavis said:
It doesn't matter if he did or didn't, simply threatening to do so is a crime. It doesn't matter if you talk about shooting one person or a dozen. It's not as serious a crime as actually doing it, but legally, that's not something that's condoned.

There are many such limits on free speech. Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is another good example.
Agreed. He needs to be punished and made an example of...

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Hey Congress, gamers just PREVENTED a school shooting!
SUCK IT FEINSTEIN!
Your avatar is perfect for what you posted! it made me smile.

OT: When will people realize that what you post online can be seen by hundreds or even thousands of people? You wouldn't make a comment like that in a crowded building or street, so why assume that online is any better? because you cannot actually see the people who can see what you're saying and doing? Good to see a troll getting in trouble for doing something stupid like this, but I hope the school shooting hysteria doesn't turn this into something that will ruin his life. Just a slap on the wrist might be enough to teach him a lesson, jail time seems a little excessive

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Oh, wow, i am appaled by the responses. It seems that most escapists want to arrest and put behind bars anyone who ever considers of making a joke thats anything else than black humour or use any sort of expression/slang in their online conversation. And its jagex folk that reported it, i dont even.....
"im going to shoot them up" can very easily be expression of him maknig a presentation that is going to leave them stiff or any other 100 things he is going to do. by the logic presented in this article, 90% of internet should be locked down becuase "Their criminal psychopaths".