Jak and Daxter in HD

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
You know, I thought I was the only person left on the planet who loved Jak as much as I do, but it was a warm and welcome surprise to me when it turns out EVERYONE is super duper excited for this collection, and for the potential PS3 Jak game. I is very happy about this :D

I can NOT wait for this collection to drop!
Raggedstar said:
Lost Frontier tried, but ultimately fell flat. Departed FAR too much from the originals.
Don't worry, Naughty Dog didn't make the game, it's non-canon and does not count ;)

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
So, we are not going to get new games anymore? Companies are only going to release HD remakes of games that did excessively well the last generation? I'm a bit disappointed. It's things like this that show the true decline of the industry.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
hmmmm jak and daxter HD collections? Ico and shadow of colossus hd collection? New twisted metal? all that's needed is ratchet and clank hd collections and I'm sold definitely on it

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
HassEsser said:
You know, I thought I was the only person left on the planet who loved Jak as much as I do, but it was a warm and welcome surprise to me when it turns out EVERYONE is super duper excited for this collection, and for the potential PS3 Jak game. I is very happy about this :D

I can NOT wait for this collection to drop!
Raggedstar said:
Lost Frontier tried, but ultimately fell flat. Departed FAR too much from the originals.
Don't worry, Naughty Dog didn't make the game, it's non-canon and does not count ;)
Oh I know it wasn't made by Naughty Dog. It was made by High Impact Games, who also did the Ratchet and Clank PSP titles. Just...the game exists and is clogging my Google or Youtube when looking for Jak and Daxter stuff lol.

And there are LOTS of Jak and Daxter fans. It was one of the best selling PS franchises and a beloved platforming icon. Lots of love.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Jak and Daxter is one of the most cherished experiences of my childhood. I loved it, so did my dad. Played every one to the end (even if they did get ridiculously difficult in some places). Might get this...oh wait Skyrim...

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Oh sweet Chritmsas, YES!

The only thing that could make life better is a Ratchet and Clank HD remake, and a Tiime Splitters HD remake.

(Yes, I know the latter will probably NEVER happen)

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
awesome, with no backwards compatibility on PS3, HD remakes of old favorites are very welcome (still waiting on news of Ratchet and Clank), as well as PSN PSO games.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Re-releasing Jak & Daxter? Holy fucking shit, this is just really good fucking idea! TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT ALL!
obscurumlux01 said:
Rings of Power
The only 'Naughty Dog' game I'll ever play.
/thread
Well, you're sure missing out, then. But hey, you're choice.

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
I still own all of the PS2 games, and occasionally pull them out to take a spin around Haven City. I will DEFINITELY be picking this up. And I don't have to wait until SUMMER to get it! Great!

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
Sweet i will definitely pick this up, but if i could have one game in HD it would be okami. :)

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I have copies of Jak 2 & 3 (lovingly taken care of with nary a scratch on them despite having been bought used...I was a late adopter of the PS2) and I've always wanted to play the original Jak & Daxter, which I missed out on because my sister's a ***** and wouldn't share her PS2.(despite the fact she NEVER played it /rage) I digress. I'll be buying at least the first Jak & Daxter game since it remains absent from my library, though an investment in the two sequels isn't out of the question.

Jun 7, 2010
Why is this neccessary? Stylised games like these and Okami defy aging, this collection won't be like the Ico and Shadow of The Colossus collection for example, where you could see a noticable improvement in the framerate and detail from the PS2 original due to their "normal" graphics. The jak and daxter games look fine on PS2 after all these years, why not just throw them onto the PS store for, say, £5 each?

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Holy shit, I was just talking to my friends a few hours ago how awesome it would be if we got a Jak and Daxter Collection and a Ratchet & Clank collection. :p

One down, one to go. :B

AxelxGabriel

Nov 13, 2009
YES.

I wanted to get the games but I never found a copy at the same time I had the money, and this'll be better then spending money for all three.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
Why is this neccessary? Stylised games like these and Okami defy aging, this collection won't be like the Ico and Shadow of The Colossus collection for example, where you could see a noticable improvement in the framerate and detail from the PS2 original due to their "normal" graphics. The jak and daxter games look fine on PS2 after all these years, why not just throw them onto the PS store for, say, £5 each?
Because the world is obsessed with HD and Sony is pushing 3D in our faces(hurr). And Trophies.

And because getting it all on one disc for a dirt cheap price is hard to beat. :p

AxelxGabriel

Nov 13, 2009
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Secret world leader (shhh) said:
Because the world is obsessed with HD and Sony is pushing 3D in our faces(hurr). And Trophies.

And because getting it all on one disc for a dirt cheap price is hard to beat. :p
Plus, not everyone (Like me) owns the games at all, so this'd be a good way to not only give people who never played it before a discount but save money in buying all 3.