Japan Gets Final Fantasy XIII Tomorrow

GodAnnihilation

Oct 17, 2009
Yep thats right, if you didn't know, the sly guys over in Japan get one of the most anticipated games of the last decade, Final Fantasy XIII.
For the rest of us, we all have to wait till 03/09/2010

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Shocking that, what with it being a Japanese game n'all :p

Sarcasm aside though i agree with Furburt, the exposure before our release date will be interesting

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I thought it came out last year.
And sheesh, "most antipated game of the decade". Yeah, sure. Maybe, maybe not. MW2 in its own commercial declared that. How do people even know? Its such a cocky and rather douchy thing to say.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Dr Grimoure said:
Kiutu said:
I thought it came out last year.
And sheesh, "most antipated game of the decade". Yeah, sure. Maybe, maybe not. MW2 in its own commercial declared that. How do people even know? Its such a cocky and rather douchy thing to say.
It is not THE most anticipated game of the decade, however it is one of the most anticipated RPG's in the last few years. The FF series has always been known for its quality games and such. I am speaking of the main series, not the crappy spin-offs.
I think FF is not too amazing really, compared to other JRPGs anyways. Its just cause its FF that it is favored over equally as good JRPGs.

spikeyjoey

Sep 9, 2009
how could it possibly take 9 months to convert over?

does voice acting really take that long?

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
Well, that's nice for them. I hear they're a bit partial to it.

Me, I'll be saving my money for Mass Effect 2, and avoiding FF like the plague.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
spikeyjoey said:

Look at FF XII's English voice acting, do we really want that again?

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Strictly speaking they have it today because it is the 17th in Japan. They're only a couple of hours behind the Australian east coast and it is currently 9:30am on the 17th down our end of the world.

lenneth

Aug 17, 2008
Ziadaine said:
spikeyjoey said:

Look at FF XII's English voice acting, do we really want that again?
Yes, Balthier's voice was awesome

Xenos Eriadin

Mar 11, 2009
Toasty Virus said:
spikeyjoey said:

They have to translate ALL the text too
Wrong.
It's coming out in March, not September.

"Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America announced today the highly anticipated street date for FINAL FANTASY XIII. This latest project in the multi-platinum FINAL FANTASY series promises to be intensely compelling and will be available for both the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on March 9, 2010."