Japan Says America's Godzilla is Too Fat

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
O maestre said:
So your point is basically CGI>rubbersuits, and not Jurassic Park reject>classic Godzilla?
Sort of, but not really. I mean, the 2014 Godzilla does look better CGIed I'll grant you that, but it still looks like a guy in a rubber suit even though it's not anymore rather than anything that even gives the impression it could actually exist even though it actually can't exist. You may refer to the 98 Godzilla as a "Jurassic Park reject" but that's actually a complement because it means that it looks more realistic than the classic Godzilla does. If it resembles the giant creatures that did at one point exist in this world then that's good, and the classic Godzilla doesn't in any way even now. The thing with the Alien Queen is that they did a good job of making it actually look like it was alive the first time around so when it went CGI it wasn't much of a change and actually still made it look more realistic in movement if nothing else.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Whatevs Japan. You're just playing the jealous ex. Clearly you're upset that Godzilla left your old country for our much younger, sexier coast line. Calling him fat isn't going to change the fact that he's ours now and he's going to smash our cities so hard.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
crazygameguy4ever said:
If the Japanese are complaining then maybe they should make their own new Godzilla film.. like they did right after the 1998 american Godzilla film... or maybe Godzilla's been eating too many americans.. and there are a lot of fat americans (not me, I watch what I eat).. tell him to start eating Japanese people again..
Well...

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Wait.

Just a question: Godzilla awakens in Japan, as we see in the beginning of the trailer. What in the world is it then doing in New York, and how did it get there? Did it swim through the Panama Canal?

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Pinkamena said:
Wait.

Just a question: Godzilla awakens in Japan, as we see in the beginning of the trailer. What in the world is it then doing in New York, and how did it get there? Did it swim through the Panama Canal?
1. That is LA.
2. Godzilla didn't smash it. He was apparently still on his way to San Fran at the time.

It is absolutely fucking amazing how little so many people have paid any attention to the massive desert behind the statue.

Riot3000

Oct 7, 2013
LoL one youtube\2chan comment or whatever and this the voice of the japanese people lol slow day of reporting.

Anyone I am still hyped for the new Godzilla and the random Breaking Bad crossover that it will span somewhere on the internet.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
*Gasp* Y-you can't say that about a woman! [sub]yes Godzilla is a woman. Not that it really makes a difference because all reptiles/most amphibians have the same junk anyway. The only way to tell their gender is by jamming a stick up their asses and seeing how far it goes[/sub]

I mean, how DARE you insult her figure like that! She works mighty hard on those sleek scales, those fine hips of hers! Don't leave those 3 months of dieting meaningless!

...No, but seriously, who's asking for a sexified Godzilla? Whoever that is, is kind of like the person who first thought to drink a cow's breast milk.

Seriously, who WAS that guy? -Bill Waterson

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
cojo965 said:
Pinkamena said:
Wait.

1. That is LA.
2. Godzilla didn't smash it. He was apparently still on his way to San Fran at the time.

It is absolutely fucking amazing how little so many people have paid any attention to the massive desert behind the statue.
He never goes to LA, he goes to San Francisco.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
cojo965 said:
Pinkamena said:
Wait.

1. That is LA.

That is what I said, Godzilla didn't smash LA. He was on his way to San Francisco when LA was leveled. A M.U.T.O. apparently surfaced near LA while Godzilla was still in the Pacific.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
cojo965 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
cojo965 said:
Pinkamena said:
Wait.

1. That is LA.

That is what I said, Godzilla didn't smash LA. He was on his way to San Francisco when LA was leveled. A M.U.T.O. apparently surfaced near LA while Godzilla was still in the Pacific.
Was it though? I don't recall LA at all. The city that gets smashed before Frisco is Las Vegas. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
cojo965 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
cojo965 said:
Pinkamena said:
Wait.

1. That is LA.

Was it though? I don't recall LA at all. The city that gets smashed before Frisco is Las Vegas. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
Oh, oops. LA sounds better to say than Vegas, my bad.