Japanese Black Ops Launch Much Cuter Than In West

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
tommyopera said:
JediMB said:
Apackof12Ninjas said:
I suddenly want to buy Black Ops now.......
Yeah, this.
Even more so...

There's your reason to allow female soldiers the right to participate in direct combat missions..... or not.

Yeah but when they get captured they get raped and all other sorts of unpleasantness :(

Namewithheld

Apr 30, 2008
tommyopera said:
Yeah but when they get captured they get raped and all other sorts of unpleasantness :(
Every female soldier understands that possibility and still wants the same opportunities to serve as the men. Who are we to say they can't if they are willing to accept the risks? Plus, it may surprise you to learn that often male POWs are sodomized as a form of humiliation that, when coupled with sleep deprivation, may lead to a psychotic break causing them to reveal intelligence. The men are trained for that possibility as well.[/quote]

Yup.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Why is there a British flag on her uniform in Picture 3? The British don't even play a major role in the game!
I also found this as well on her suit as well

[http://img254.imageshack.us/i/originaltd.jpg/]

you can see it in the 1st picture.
o_O

Umm... why is that on a female's soldier unifo-

Wait, why am I questioning randomness from JAPAN?

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
John Funk said:
Though Japan has never been considered a rich market for shooting games...
That's an understatement. Even high-profile FPS titles are lucky to sell over 50,000 copies.

Having said that, Modern Warfare 2 did suprisingly well in Japan. As such, Black Ops might do the same.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
It's fascinating how charicaturized the East and West have become in terms of game development...Japanese games are almost universally full of androgynous, sputtering, cheerful protagonists, and Western games are almost universally full of musclebound, growling, broody protagonists.

As much distaste as I have for anime and JRPGs, I can't help but acknowledge that our own stereotypes must look just as absurd and undesirable in Japan.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
What no panty shots!!!

Still, Id let her flash bang me, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww yeah.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
mechanixis said:
It's fascinating how charicaturized the East and West have become in terms of game development...Japanese games are almost universally full of androgynous, sputtering, cheerful protagonists, and Western games are almost universally full of musclebound, growling, broody protagonists.

As much distaste as I have for anime and JRPGs, I can't help but acknowledge that our own stereotypes must look just as absurd and undesirable in Japan.
Somebody give this man a medal!

OT: This is to be expected. Product X + Cute Girl Y = Money in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if this COD actually sold decently because of this.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
After reading the title I was expecting something much worse. This was actually tasteful.

mechanixis said:

Yet if you look at the difference in other aspects it's the opposite. The American military for example is frequently shown to be somewhat light-hearted as though all the troops are frat brothers and the Japanese are shown to be overly stern and strict.

Using television and film as an example here.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Legion said:
Yet if you look at the difference in other aspects it's the opposite. The American military for example is frequently shown to be somewhat light-hearted as though all the troops are frat brothers and the Japanese are shown to be overly stern and strict.
Because we want to see a human face on our heroes in real life whereas they want to see a man-machine who will do what is right and proper no matter what. And in our fiction we tend to go for the exact opposite of what we want in real life... Humans are just messed up that way.

JUMBO PALACE said:
I am digging those boots hardcore.
Same here.

I've seen pictures of the girl in combat gear here and there but hadn't seen the other one yet. What up? That look with the boots, shorts and beret is a lot better than fake combat gear. Both from a sexiness AND style perspective.

British flag + 9-11 memorial patch + Steyr Aug doesn't add up.
Plus, that's modern gear she's wearing and Black-Ops is set in the past is it not?
Ah whatever...

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
I am shocked and appalled that they would try to use sex appeal to sell a completely unsexual game.

I for one won't put up with this, I'm going to contact the Sumo activists and get this article flagged as degrading to the Sumo Wrestler's Association.

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
Celtic_Kerr said:
It ain't Japan until a woman dresses up in a slutty version of whatever you're promoting
hey, wish they would to that here, lol XD
those costumes are fun XD