Japanese Brewery Concocts Space Beer

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
-Stranger- said:
First thing I thought was "So it's regular beer. But the ingredients come from space.... I'll pass."
You took the words right out of my mouth. There's nothing really special about it. The only thing amazing to this beer is if they managed to grow plants correctly off world or not.
So you either get regular beer, or shitty beer.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
I this to be both vastly absurd, and vastly compelling... And I hate beer.

... But it's from fucking SPACE!

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I just had a $20 beer the other day. If this "space beer" is anything like that, it is grossly overpriced.

Maelgwyn

Nov 26, 2009
Ill drink it for the novelty - not the price

Meanwhile, if you have a few million, whats $110 between mates? And the bragging rights make it worthwhile.

Until we start importing more space beer. Then it becomes not naff enough

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
getting wasted in space with space beer...the new intergalactic pastime. i've drank sapporo before, it's not bad (i like it better than kirin), interested to taste this but i'm strapped for cash right now ($110 is a lil steep even for the finest of beer)

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Eh... right. So it's beer. From space.
I hardly believe gravity had any effect upon the savour of it.

I would like to give it a try if I had a chance but I surely won't spend that ammount of money for a space beer. Or rather, any space food.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
You know, I'm not too keen on Japanese beer of any kind. Now, if it were Space Guiness or Space Killkenny, then I might actually consider it...

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Wow, thanks for alerting me to this Mr. Goldman, I will be placing my order shortly (as soon as I figure out how to translate the site), and hopefully I end up getting one, though I've never won any sort of lottery in my life. It's a good thing these come in a six pack, so I can keep a couple of them untouched for a while, but I will admit the idea of breaking the pack on such a limited edition beer almost makes me cringe.