Japanese Coder Creates Predator Kinect Hack

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
That's not perfect (I know that the image is probably deliberately distorted through the 3D rendering of the person) but it's kind of unpolished.

Still, all this Kinnect stuff so far is only the beginning. It can only get better.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
wastaz said:
So he modded the camera to...not include him in pictures?
Wait...what?
Look, this is cool and awesome and all (and mad props to the guy for doing this, it's seriously badass)...but I fail to see any real application of this, even as a game?
As opposed to kinect in general which present endless oppurtunities to... play games you already played on the wii.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
why is it the the people who hacked the kinect are doing cooler things with it then the games that are made for it?

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
If there's one thing these hacks have shown, it's that the kinect is the coolest video game accessory for not actually playing games.

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
Pinstar said:
Just don't hide in a lone bush in the middle of a field...

If you don't want to be seen that is.
don't go on holiday either...oh god help you and everyone that knows you if you go on holiday to avoid being seen o.0

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I'm loving the stuff people are coming up with using Kinect. It really bodes well for the future of the devices that so much innovation can come from it, and through people without huge budgets. Imagine what could be done if the bigger companies get working on this.

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
JFuss said:
I swear the eyetoy on the ps2 does this.
I can't think of any game that did but any camera with the ability to tell foreground and background apart can do this, weather it's through software or hardware like the IR camera of the kinect, pseye and eyetoy.

these videos may be older but this [http://vimeo.com/16985224] and this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRBozGoa69s&feature=player_embedded] are way more interesting.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Dr. UBAR said:
......THE CAMERA CAN SEE THROUGH PEOPLE? WHY DON'T I HAVE ONE?
More accurately, it sees around them.

Kinect is cool for anything besides games, yet again.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
[sarcasm]Oh my god I am so impressed with these Kinect hacks. We have never seen anything like them in any other device before. They are so innovative.[/sarcasm]