Japanese Cosplayer Transforms Herself Into MGS Ninja

Preacher zer0

Jun 13, 2010
awesome.
...and you know it just occurs to me that if there was a big budget movie made of MGS the costume for GF prolly wouldn't look half as good as this.

It just makes me think of all the times you'll walk around a con and see costumes that make a mockery of movie efforts of the same characters that cost millions.

On topic, great job... although I never realised what a nice figure Grey Fox had lol.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Well she certainly has the body to pull off Raiden's character!

Japanese nerds are lightyears ahead of western nerds from the looks of things

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
ThisIsSnake said:
Gray Fox, a ninja sword, a railgun, stealth camo, badass cyclops red light and child bearing hips... wait.
Yeah I caught that too. I was all "Awesome some dude dressed up like this! Wait why does he have curves? and why am I suddenly flustered?"

Chiefwakka

Mar 18, 2009
Pretty rocking. Yeah, Japanese certainly have us Americans out-nerded (yeah, nerded is a word, it came from my brain) at every turn.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
That suit.......actually looks kinda comfortable. The fabric looks almost like a cross between Felt....and Polystyrene. Which, if true, should feel hella' weird on the skin....

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Nurb said:

Most of them are better accepted over there, and they also are more likely to have good paying jobs to help them afford this sort of thing.

Not to say there aren't American or European cosplayers/otaku/whatever that have good paying jobs, just that it feels like there aren't many.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Now that is quite spectacular. I give a mighty tip of hat to this woman. Also a few giggety's thanks to all the perverted thoughts going through my head.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
i do love cosplay that's done on a professional scale. its just brilliant to look at and appreciate :D

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Alar said:
Nurb said:

Most of them are better accepted over there, and they also are more likely to have good paying jobs to help them afford this sort of thing.

Not to say there aren't American or European cosplayers/otaku/whatever that have good paying jobs, just that it feels like there aren't many.
It was the old joke of them "being years ahead of us"

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
Gray Fox is: That Ninja!

"Hey, you're that ninja!"

Sweet work, Japan. They have perfected the art of turning scientifically implausable character designs into wearable costumes.

zadra

Mar 2, 2011
I love Omi Gibson. I've been a fan of her cosplay for a long time - practically ever since I've even been interested in cosplay. No one is ever going to top her bad girl.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
That's awesome.
And I really hate to be the Massive nerd who points out that Gray Fox was actually the second Cyborg Ninja in the series, but whatever.
-punches self-
Point is, the cosplay is awesome, and I really need to stop playing Metal Gear games.