Japanese Magazine Hints at New Pokemon Announcement

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, if I had to guess I would imagine they are releasing another couple of Pokemon games featuring the traditional cast of monsters, "due to popular demand" due to the way they sort of rebooted things for the new games... trying to see if they can sustain 4 titles of pretty much the same thing at one time.

Yes, I'm a cynic, but I figure the only way to discontinue a popular body of mythology/lore like that would be to try and re-introduce it later. I just would have expected it to have taken longer if I'm correct.

As far as a Pokemon MMO goes, I'm not entirely sure how that could be implemented to begin with, still just due to the branding that would probably be a nightmare to both Activision and EA, turning the upcoming WoW vs. Old Republic matchup into a three way battle.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Until it's an MMO Pokemon, me are not interested.

Seriously it would be the best deviation from the MMO formula you could manage. Why are Nintendo not all over this.

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Even if it is something interesting, it won't come out here until the next year.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
Could someone please smack some sense and creativity into the director of Game Freak? I honestly ask anyone to tell me how many different intellectual properties that company has made. I have friends who are pretty much adults and they still play these predictable, boring, repetitive, turn-based games! I can't stand the sight of these things because of their utter lack of creativity or engaging action/writing!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Probably just a Gen 5 Wii game, like Stadium and Battle Revolution.
It's either that or a Mystery Dungeon title (I hope they keep the writer from Explorers of Time if they do the latter)

Nov 12, 2010
Jabberwock King said:
Could someone please smack some sense and creativity into the director of Game Freak? I honestly ask anyone to tell me how many different intellectual properties that company has made. I have friends who are pretty much adults and they still play these predictable, boring, repetitive, turn-based games! I can't stand the sight of these things because of their utter lack of creativity or engaging action/writing!
Then don't buy the game.There are plenty of companies making games out there.If you need to see my stand on this then look at my avatar "haters gonna hate"

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Oh... my... GOD!!!!!

Now, I want a Pokemon Flight Simulator!

Gotta make sure I pick the correct aircraft though... Just gotta remember that Scyther can't use Fly!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Pokemon Snap 2? Pretty please, Nintendo?
This gets a extra vote and two thumbs up from me. I can't imagine a more ideal concept for the 3DS.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
Psycho Cat Industries said:
Jabberwock King said:
Then don't buy the game.There are plenty of companies making games out there.If you need to see my stand on this then look at my avatar "haters gonna hate"
The problem is not about me buying them, but about me having to be around people I like who have one incomprehensible preference. Oh, and by the way, the last pokemon game that I did play was fire-red, so by the transitive property of Nintendo-living-in-a-cave, I know exactly what every future pokemon game will be like from now till world war III.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would like to think it is Pokemon Grey to Black and White and it should still be for the DS not 3DS (sorry but I haven't got a 3DS just yet). Chances is this is very unlikely...

Nov 12, 2010
Jabberwock King said:
Jabberwock King said:
The problem is not about me buying them, but about me having to be around people I like who have one incomprehensible preference. Oh, and by the way, the last pokemon game that I did play was fire-red, so by the transitive property of Nintendo-living-in-a-cave, I know exactly what every future pokemon game will be like from now till world war III.
Whatever man,I am not gonna try to convert ya,but don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Pokemon Grey? The middle child of the new legendary trio doesn't have its own game yet and looking at the history of mainstream Pokemon games, this seems pretty likely..
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Pokemon Snap 2? Pretty please, Nintendo?
I'd agree with you, but then I realized this would probably mean taking pictures of Garbodor. And Bidoof. And.. I'm gonna need some paper.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
Jabberwock King said:
Jabberwock King said:
Whatever man,I am not gonna try to convert ya,but don't ruin it for the rest of us.
I say this with infinite smugness: There is nothing to ruin.

Nov 12, 2010
Jabberwock King said:
Jabberwock King said:
Jabberwock King said:
I say this with infinite smugness: There is nothing to ruin.
and yet nothing ever to be ventured as such I presume?You can hate it if you want but I frankly do not care.So long as I have an exeggutor,I will blindly follow my addiction.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
tomtom94 said:
Pokemon Grey.
Oh I didn't think of that. Although with their philosophy/story point...sorry I'm tired. They may not do that.

Maybe it will be a seqaul to XD. I don't know why but I loved those two games. Prolly the physics for the pokeball afro and the way Ludicolo danced.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Pokemon Snap 2 mite be cool.

But if it is Grey, please for the love of god don't be idiots and do a 3DS only release GameFreak. I mean, Grey with a 3DS version that's got extra functions locked onto the 3DS? Fine, whatever.

Make it a spinoff title please. I've got enough incentive to get a 3DS, I don't need to be raging even further about my decision to WAIT to get one even more...

PurpleLeafRave said:
Nintendo! Please be a sequel/remake of this!

Pretty please.
There's no need for it, with the Pokemon TCG Online program, they've solved any need for another Pokemon TCG game.

Hell, the incentive of linking an IRL B/W theme deck was enough to make me go out and buy 2 out of 3 (getting the last one next weekend) so needless to say, it works to some measure.

The interface isn't anything revolutionary and it's definitely got an 'all ages' vibe like all things pokemon, but I'm having a crapton of fun playing it. Seriously give it a shot.