Japanese Newspaper: Playstation 4 Will Have a $400 Price Tag

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
$400? So a bit more than 2500SEK then. Nice.
Oh, wait, that's not how it works.

5000SEK is probably closer to the truth.
;_;

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
$400 US, so that means it will be anywhere between $800-$1000 in Aus/NZ because reasons, right?

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
$400 seems ok. I kinda feel i'm just saying that because of comparisons to ps3 launch prices at $600-$800 though.
deth2munkies said:
Well at least it's not 599 US Dollars

599 US Dollars

599 US Dollars

classic

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Well at least it's not as bad as the PS3 launch price. Also, if they aren't going to change the controller, can't they just make the Dualshock 3 compatible? I hate paying for extra controllers.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
And the day before it launches, Nintendo announces a WiiU price cut and the NextBox is like $300... just for ol' Murphy to screw over Sony.

OT: Not bad. Not good. Not really enough info for a real call, but at least it's better than last time. We'll find out in less than 2 weeks.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I would really like this PlayStation to be as big as PS2 back in the day. I never thought of PS3 as this big and important console.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
EHKOS said:
Well at least it's not as bad as the PS3 launch price. Also, if they aren't going to change the controller, can't they just make the Dualshock 3 compatible? I hate paying for extra controllers.
Maybe the DS4 controller will grow a couple of extra buttons somewhere.

Plus im sure theres improvements to be made in DS3s battery life and motion controls.

Not to mention that after 6-7 years my DS3/Sixaxis controllers are showing alot of wear and tear.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah, that sounds about right. I just pray its backwards compatible.

I...probably won't get it until it's cheaper, though. Sony trolled us this gen with a slim-slim console. So I smell a better, slim console coming out soon-ish...

Reminds me of this (At 1:55):

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So this suggest its quite possible that the Next Gen PS4 will be slower thatn Current gen average PCs.
i can see no way if this failing
(altrough seriuosly, wiiU didnt fail, so what do i know)

Beautiful End said:
Yeah, that sounds about right. I just pray its backwards compatible.
I pray its not. YOu know why? PS3 ram handling. if its backwarcds compactible its either going to have similar RAM architechture or at least emulation of such. and that is simply awful.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
DanielBrown said:

;_;
My thought too. Still, got to pay for living in an awesome country, eh?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Halyah said:
Yopaz said:
DanielBrown said:

;_;
It does at least make it ridiculously cheap to order abroad and have it transported into the country even after transport costs are added. Granted the NOK is a lil' bit weaker than the SEK I think... I'll still be surprised if I see it get sold for anything less than 4000-5000 NOK though. Some sacrifices I suppose...
NOK has usually been a little stronger, but a tad weaker than DKK. Right now it's stronger than both (but almost equal to DKK). Still, ordering from abroad is awesome. Now if you weren't aware of this already try using biit.no, it's a site that shows you Amazon's prices converted to NOK which also excludes the British VAT unlike the main Amazon does. It also shows you how much you will pay if you cross the limit of 200 NOK (which they don't seem to enforce that much these days).

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Halyah said:
Yopaz said:
Halyah said:
Yopaz said:
DanielBrown said:

;_;
It does at least make it ridiculously cheap to order abroad and have it transported into the country even after transport costs are added. Granted the NOK is a lil' bit weaker than the SEK I think... I'll still be surprised if I see it get sold for anything less than 4000-5000 NOK though. Some sacrifices I suppose...
NOK has usually been a little stronger, but a tad weaker than DKK. Right now it's stronger than both (but almost equal to DKK). Still, ordering from abroad is awesome. Now if you weren't aware of this already try using biit.no, it's a site that shows you Amazon's prices converted to NOK which also excludes the British VAT unlike the main Amazon does. It also shows you how much you will pay if you cross the limit of 200 NOK (which they don't seem to enforce that much these days).
I'll have to try and remember that one for later since it might be useful for the future.

Though on that note, another problem with stores in this country is that you're damned lucky if they have releases of a lot of games. Sometimes it seems only the big stuff comes over here. Some places being worse than others. >_>
I have decent experiences with Elkjøp, but even they don't really have everything I need. I thought to buy Tales of the Abyss when that came... It took me about 8 months before I actually had it and then I had to get it from Amazon. Also growing up about 30 km from the closest store I got used to ordering online as a young age. I've got to agree that it's a problem though.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Halyah said:
Yopaz said:
Halyah said:
Yopaz said:
Halyah said:
Yopaz said:
DanielBrown said:

;_;
I'll have to try and remember that one for later since it might be useful for the future.

Though on that note, another problem with stores in this country is that you're damned lucky if they have releases of a lot of games. Sometimes it seems only the big stuff comes over here. Some places being worse than others. >_>
I have decent experiences with Elkjøp, but even they don't really have everything I need. I thought to buy Tales of the Abyss when that came... It took me about 8 months before I actually had it and then I had to get it from Amazon. Also growing up about 30 km from the closest store I got used to ordering online as a young age. I've got to agree that it's a problem though.
Generally speaking I have good experiences with them as well, but not on the price point. Much like with others, I've found other stores to a bit less expensive on certain things overall. Platekompaniet has had a tendency to mark down non-AAA stuff by as much as 100 to 200 NOK by comparison(I think even AAA stuff may have been slightly cheaper, but not sure). So yeah distances and what not has led to me and my eldest sibling adopting the use of online ordering as well. I don't know if Amazon sells consoles(they probably do, but I've just forgotten if they do), but it'd be bound to cheaper with them than what I'd have to pay for in the store itself. >.>

Also we may be getting slightly off-topic...
It depends a lot on luck, both Platekompaniet and Elkjøp may surprise with a great deal every now and then. I find that Elkjøp usually got a bit lower price on brand new games than many others, but Platekompaniet got the best , Easter, spring, summer, fall and Christmas deals. They also got a lot wider array of games when you order online than Elkjøp, that and lots of anime and manga.

They are both good stores though.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Youch that seems a tad expensive knowing here in the UK it will cost £400.

Think I'll just stick to getting a Wii U and ride out the next gen on it for a change.