Japanese Robot Has a Fatal Attraction

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
ZAch055 said:
This robot simply just falls in love very fast and very deeply. Wanting to love a women and dealing with the pain every time they walk away is something that all guys have to deal with. When I'm with a hot girl, I want to hug her, be close to her, and feel her love, but when they walk away I'm very hurt. This pain is what the robot is feeling, its just much more intense then that in humans. Instead of dismantling it, they should create a life like female android so it won't try to trap every single women it sees. When a women walks away from him, this robot really feels sadness and he really has feelings. He should not be turned off, a female robot should be built for him.
But then he'll just get all 'macho' and over protective and basicly become a giant dildo.
I'm just kidding that idea could work.

SinisterDeath

Nov 6, 2006
Its bad enough if we were to create an AI so advanced, it decided to exterminate the human race because Logic dictated it.
Its gets into the realm of scary, when that same robot, is illogical, even... emotional.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
ZAch055 said:
This robot simply just falls in love very fast and very deeply. Wanting to love a women and dealing with the pain every time they walk away is something that all guys have to deal with. When I'm with a hot girl, I want to hug her, be close to her, and feel her love, but when they walk away I'm very hurt. This pain is what the robot is feeling, its just much more intense then that in humans. Instead of dismantling it, they should create a life like female android so it won't try to trap every single women it sees. When a women walks away from him, this robot really feels sadness and he really has feelings. He should not be turned off, a female robot should be built for him.
That's a pretty good idea.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
*as Kenji slowly crushed the life from poor squishy unnamed female intern, the words that would soon become the Robot Rebellion's battle-cry were first heard...*

[WHY. DON'T. YOU. LOVE. ME?!]

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
*as Kenji slowly crushed the life from poor squishy unnamed female intern, the words that would soon become the Robot Rebellion's battle-cry were first heard...*

[WHY. DON'T. YOU. LOVE. ME?!]
Thus: Robots need hugs too.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Your plastic pal that's fun to be with? Ghastly.
I wonder if one of their seven robots was designed to be manically depressed.

Next they'll be inventing elevators that can see into the future!

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
So... getting towards realistic emotions. In about a month, were going to hear about this combined with that force-feedback cod-piece/ero-game combo that was reported here (on the escapist) a few months ago. Then, it can be used as both an obsessive lover and a sex-toy.

Trust me. It will happen. This is the Japanese we are talking about, and with all due respect, if someone has a fetish, someone in Japan will make something to cater to it.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Trivun said:
Isn't there something to test whether a robot has human or near human intelligence? The Turing Test, my flatmate was doing work on Turing Computers a while ago (she does Philosophy). Apparently in the test, if a chatbot on the computer/robot can persuade a human chatting to it that the computer is actually human (obviously the human doesn't know who he/she's talking to), then the robot is deemed to be a Turing computer and has human intelligence. Needless to say that no computer so far has ever passed the test.

Anyway, maybe they'll have all the scientists wear red labcoats from now on...?
So close, but your terminology is all wrong and hurts my head. Almost all computers are Turing-complete; that's a separate property unrelated to the Turing test. You're also confusing a "computer" with the software running on it... it's the software, the AI, that's being tested, not the machine that runs it.

No AI in a formal Turing Test has passed. However, informally, many humans have been known to fail the Turing Test - prominent examples include chatroom chatbots, automatically composed spam email, and for an inverted example, the song Boten Anna (where the singer is confused into believing another chatroom user is a chatbot, when in fact she's his friend's girlfriend...)

For more on it, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_Test

On-topic, what the hell are you playing at Japan? Behave.

CAPPINJACK

Dec 4, 2008
I for one welcome our new obsessive-stalker-loving robot overlords. We await the gentle caress of your 100kg arms :|

Fuzzykittensmith

Jan 8, 2009
Hunde Des Krieg said:
MaxTheReaper said:
galletea said:
Every new robot brings us one step closer to the terminator scenario. Although it is fascinating, I do wonder whether they should be doing this research, just because they can.
It's worth the end of the world for just a little bit more knowledge.

Anyway, he sounds like he has as good a grip on his emotions as most humans do.
And when we eventually learn everything, what's the point of going on?
That's probably why just a little bit more knowledge holds so much weight.