Japan's April Fools Day Roundup

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Japan's April Fools Day Roundup

Wearable Sega Megadrive glasses, Thief as a JRPG, and tiny, tiny cans of beer are among the highlight's of Japan's April Fools Day.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
I'm getting a 404 on photos 3 and 5.
I hope someone replaced a bike seat with broccoli this year.

EDIT: All good now

Mar 19, 2010
I just want to say that i hate April fools day with a passion. The amount of stupid uninteresting bullshit and boring fauxnews and "jokes" far outweighs the amount of actually fun or interesting stuff.

mistwolf

Feb 1, 2008
Undomesticated Equine said:
I just want to say that i hate April fools day with a passion. The amount of stupid uninteresting bullshit and boring fauxnews and "jokes" far outweighs the amount of actually fun or interesting stuff.
I agree fully.

That said ,I would buy the Kirin, and I hate beer. It just looks like it would be so cute, and actually containing beer would push it into hillarious for me. >.>

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Where do you think these stories sit? I tried to pick out the most interesting ones.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Wait, the MEGAne DRIVE was an April Fools joke? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I seriously wanted a pair! They'd look badass on my game merch shelf!

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
I think it's great seeing companies have an excuse to have some fun once in a while. It would be nice however if the rest of the world stopped producing real news for the April fools period however, so as to not cause confusion and a mass of "IS THIS A JOKE?!" replies to every news article.

Nata-chan

Mar 11, 2014
Having lived in Japan, the Google robotic hand (under the pretext of being Benri [convenient]) and the tiny Kirin are the most likely to actually come to fruition. I also quite liked the Thief JRPG.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
I think the robotic hand tie is actually pretty neat. Not sure how you'd control it but it's still pretty neat.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
MEGAne drive, fucking brilliant name. Kinda wish it was a real product so I could get all the ladies.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
*SIGH* Whatever happened to the 'good old days' like Super Pii Pii Brothers [http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/superpiipii.html]?