Jason Statham eyed for lead in Transformers 4

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
if "lead" does not entail voicing an autobot, i will not be watching it. ive had more than enough of ass-backwards character priorities in transformers movies. the "its just dumb fun" excuse didnt work for the first 3, and it wont work for the 4th if their gonna use the same bizzaro formula of having a movie with giant fighting robots be about insufferable humans.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I haven't seen any of his movies, but if he's any worse than Shia, then apparently half the people in this thread are apparently idiots, and I highly doubt it. So, yeah, I guess it could work. Spielburg directing sounds pretty cool, too.

Kahunaburger said:
Not even Statham can save a Transformers movie, sadly.
One word, my friend: reboot.

Vankraken

Mar 30, 2010
Reboot everything, 100% cut out anything and everything involving the US military (or any military), keep the kids (recast) but they are the minor B story, and leave the rest (90% of the movie) to the robots.

This movie needs to be 100% Bay free.

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
azurine said:
How low do your standards have to be to think making another one of these is a good idea? People don't like these! They get terrible reviews!
Reviewers don't like these box office proves that people love these. It just proves the universal statement of PEOPLE ARE STUPID!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
WizardArtist said:
Whats left for transformers to used in a movie?
Considering that Bay has used the same story twice in a row now, I don't think he's trying all that hard.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
TheNaut131 said:
As awesome as this sounds, I can think of a better role for him to play...

C'mon, you know you want it.
Yes...yes...YES!!!

please make it so

ntw3001

Sep 7, 2009
Excellent. They can make it like Death Race. In fact, they could just rerelease Death Race and call it Transformers. Every film could be replaced with Death Race, and only one or two would be worse for it.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
So they will just keep printing these?
It's nice that the guy get's another lead role, but maybe it would be better not to be associated with these retardo movies.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
What I find disturbing is that people will acknowledge how utterly shite the first three movies have been, but then go on to say in the same comment, "Well they haven't gotten to THESE characters from Generation 2 yet.."

Seriously?! Are we that eager to see MORE iconic characters FUBAR'd in "Movie-form?!"

Given my druthers, I'd rather NOT see a Hollywood "Real-world" Re-imagining of Uni-cron, or Omega Supreme.

In fact, when have historically MASSIVE, EPIC scale characters EVER worked out in Hollywood adaptations.
Remember GALACTUS?! Even more recently, PARALLAX?!

Nope, screw them, I wish I was a billionaire so I could just by the Transformers license, and then toss it into a vault and jettison it into space so that nobody ever again could ruin it.
Except maybe Chris Nolan or Neill Blomkamp.
I'd let them direct... once I funded a recovery mission to get the jettisoned license back from space...

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
No way. I might lose the last shreds of respect I have for Mr. Statham.

TheNaut131 said:

I do. I really do.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Get_A_Grip_ said:
Basically every Statham movie for the past few years has been a un-offical Transporter sequil, I don't see this one being any different, even if it is Transformers.
No no - Every Jason Statham movie has been a continuation of Jason Statham's "The Jason Statham Story starring Jason Statham" with Jason Statham being played by Jason Statham.

... isn't it strange when you say a word so many times it just begins to sound weird?

ajh93

Feb 11, 2010
TheNaut131 said:

THAT...that would be perfection incarnate. *drool*

back on topic...i sadly have to say that i don't think even Statham would be able to salvage the mangled wreck that the three transformer movies have created...

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
There can be a 4th film...

as long as it includes...

I dont know...

Those giant robots that always fought in the back of the romance movies Bay made

Didnt Optimus already kill everyone? I suppose you got the giant planet dude...

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I don't see why anyone is even remotely excited about this. I mean sure, if a Transformers movie were to be released with a good plot and the giant robots where the main focus, I would go see it in a heartbeat. However, if the main draw if Bay not directing, and Statham in the lead, I will avoid it like the plague. Jason Statham is a terrible actor who is in terrible movies which are made more terrible by his presence.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dags90 said:
As long as he's more than half naked more than 30% of the time, I approve. We've had three movies of needlessly sexualized female characters, now it's time for some gender equality. Rugged, sweaty gender equality.
Personally I'd rather the movies didn't have any boring sexual pandering, male or female. But you're right, some equality would be nice next time.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:
Except maybe Chris Nolan or Neill Blomkamp.
Neill Blomkamp Transformers movie... oh my god. I just drooled on my desk.

Why can't it be? :(

even Peter Jackson. He'd do a good job of it.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
ajh93 said:
TheNaut131 said:

THAT...that would be perfection incarnate. *drool*

back on topic...i sadly have to say that i don't think even Statham would be able to salvage the mangled wreck that the three transformer movies have created...
Ok Transformers would be cool but this would kill every other movie out their for me...also this might just be a good...no, awesome game into movie thing. This gives me hope!