Je Suis Charlie

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Aroddo said:
The only good muslim is an atheist former muslim.
Same goes for every religion.
You know, I would like to point out that atheists (Which frankly I borderline am) are not perfect human beings above horrible acts. I really wish people would stop acting like everything would be better if everyone was an atheist. We'd find other reasons to be murderers.

This Place is DEAD

Aug 31, 2014
erttheking said:
Aroddo said:
You know, I would like to point out that atheists (Which frankly I borderline am) are not perfect human beings above horrible acts. I really wish people would stop acting like everything would be better if everyone was an atheist. We'd find other reasons to be murderers.
The only answer is polytheism of the Athens school: You may worship your god in our city, but only if your religion does not exclude the worship of other gods.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
erttheking said:
Aroddo said:
Of course, but you have to agree that having a mandate from heaven takes a lot of the guilt and responsibility off. If you gun down a few black people because you think they are inferior...its on you. And in time, you might be convinced of your erroneous ways.

If you gun down a few cartoonists because god has decreed it so...its kinda hard to convince you of anything else. How does one argue with god?

I really DO think everything would be better if everyone was atheist. Would it be perfect? Of course not! Would some people still kill other people? Hell yeah! But the justifications to do so would be just that much harder to come by, and if thats not a plus, I dont know what is.

In the end religion is about separation. Us and them. We who believe, those who are unbelievers. We who are gods chosen, everyone else. We who will go to heaven, those who will burn in hell. Separation creates a gulf between people. Especially when the separation is about who is worthy and who is not. If you erase the gulf, we are that much closer to each other as human beings and it is that much harder to do horrible things to each other.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Man from La Mancha said:
erttheking said:
Aroddo said:
The only answer is polytheism of the Athens school: You may worship your god in our city, but only if your religion does not exclude the worship of other gods.
That'd probably be for the best. Just to make things better.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Being self-congratulatory about NOT being self-aggrandizing... that sounds like Critical Miss.

On one hand, I'm not sure what to say about all this. It seems strange how it gets so much attention and media coverage when the attack in Assam that killed over 70 in India barely scratched the news cycle, if at all. That one did not involve Muslims on either side, so it seems the media can't be bothered.

On the other hand, it does seem like a problem that is not going to make things easier for Muslims, regardless of how they feel about this or that. There has to be some tipping point where this supposed loud majority of Muslims who are totally not okay with violence do more than just release written press statements about how they condemn violence. The fact is these people aren't just nutter butters nutting it out in the basements. There are mosques in the United States and Europe that fire up their followers about how bad western culture and how blasphemy is all around them, and then quietly squeak out a press release when something like this happens.

The fact is that there are many moderate Muslim countries, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Malaysia, even many in the middle east. Sometimes in negotiations the two sides are just too far apart from the beginning, that both sides would have to give up too much to meet in the middle. There is already a lot of anti-muslim sentiment in Europe and the US, and unfortunately that might cause more violence. I fear there must be some kind of reckoning, however, and if Muslims (moderate or no) want to get ahead of it, they have to stop demonizing the people around them and openly renounce certain IDEAS, not just the people who act on those ideas after the fact.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I came here to post about how this issue isn't as simple as it sounds, only to find out it's more complex than I thought.
But, for anyone still looking for a manned soapbox, I want to consider the part religion plays in this.

People need something to hold onto. If you have no friends, no family, and no beliefs, you've probably got a fond spot in your heart for tall buildings. Religion is a place simple people can go to to feel like they're part of something bigger, to feel like their lives are a little less meaningless. You might not learn anything, you may never get rid of those nagging questions that eat away at your soul, but at least you can stand in a line and repeat the same words everyone else is saying. And I can tell you it feels really good to do so. It's an intoxicating experience to feel like a part of something, to feel so connected to complete strangers.
The only problem comes from the people you're not connected to. As a sort of loner, I can appreciate just about anyone as a human being that I probably have some things in common with, but to a religious person, anyone who doesn't hold the faith is a threat. These days, churches are thinning out like libraries, and their aging tenants can feel everything they've put their lives into slipping away. I don't believe in a God so much as an effect manifested through a multitude of believers that begins to feel divine, and thus I believe that anyone's God only lives for as long as people believe in it. So imagine that your source of love, hope, and purpose in life is slowly dying, and on top of that the same people who are killing it are laughing at you. Add to that the fact that you're not smart enough or brave enough to laugh back.

I guess what I'm saying is that we shouldn't laugh at the religious. What they need more than anything is our pity. These are delicate people; the phrase 'childlike faith' comes to mind. And just as we don't support bullies who drive kids to suicide or gun violence, I don't know if we should support the people making fun of the ignorant and lonely religious.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Alien1375 said:
Wow, a lot of Social Justice Warriors here who are blaming the cartoonists for the attack.

Their blood is on your hands bigots!
That is absolutely not what I have read here in this thread, which has been discussing this event and the nuance of freedom of the press with aplomb and courtesy.

I reject your name-calling. Please cease that kind of behavior at The Escapist - it is this vitriol that contributes to the volatility of the situation.

mirasiel

Jul 12, 2010
Verlander said:
Ishigami said:
FogHornG36 said:
"some idiots" what a nice way to try and play around the whole fact that they are Muslim, and that this is a Muslim thing.
QFT.
Remember: No One Murdered Because Of This Image [http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/]

vive la liberte *tiphat*
Truth? That's a laugh. No one was murdered for an image of Mohammad either. These are fringe lunatics, who are actively seeking reasons to commit atrocities. There is no one drawing cartoons of Mohammad in Iraq - has that stopped ISIS? Of course not, because it's not about that. These idiots (and that's what they are) know full well that their actions will bring about a rise in kneejerk Islamophobia. That's their intent, to divide the community. People will react, blame "all muslims" and say it's a "muslim thing" and their hate will radicalise the moderates. It keeps happening again and again, but morons are still playing their game and blaming Islam.

Of course, it's worth remembering that the deadliest terrorist attack in the last ten years in Europe was by a white Christian man, who killed more than every single Islamic murder in the last ten years combined... and that's including the Paris attack yesterday and the London bombings.
Just that last bit...

Really, you forgot Madrid already?

I mean it's 'technically' outside your ten year limit but nearly 200 folk in a single incident and nearly 2000 injured.

The numbers are only 'low' because they keep (thankfully) fucking up their car, plane and suicide bomb attempts.

Sep 24, 2008
tzimize said:
Beautiful speech. And while I agree with a lot of it, there is what I at least perceive as a fundamental flaw in it. The assumption that the other side will be willing to listen.

Madmen will always do mad stuff, there is no questioning that. But there is a very definite difference in a lone psychopath gunning down random people for NO reason and a very sane person gunning down another person because of a very specific reason (drawing for example).

I assume you are familiar with the term kafir. When a religion contains such a term...how can there be a resolution? When a religion literally defends deceiving the other side, treating them like lesser beings because of their lack of faith, how can there be a middle ground? When a religion defends terrorizing your enemies, how can we meet? I've discussed a lot of things, with a lot of religious people. And even if I have not met any "real" extremists...the common denominator has been their absolute unwillingness to compromise on anything with connection to their religion. In the end their views are rooted in the faith that a higher power has dictated their life. Just because some religious people are not interested in blowing themselves up as part of their faith doesnt mean that they are not totally deluded. And when you are totally deluded, the road towards an extreme solution (such as christian fundamentalists gunning down abortion clinic doctors in the US) is a LOT shorter than when you suffer no delusions.

I abhor all religions, and I am convinced they contribute nothing good to the world. I am not in ANY way of the belief that the eradication of all religion would miraculously make the world PERFECT, but I am certain it would make it BETTER.

If people cant fall back on "god wills it so", they will have to find other arguments for their convictions. This leads to rationality and is 100% a good thing. When we argue from rationality it is possible to compromise and understand each other.

Passion is dangerous, but as long as we are human beings we will have passion. And passion tempered with rationality is a lot less dangerous than passion fueled by religion. Passion can also be an extraordinary force for good. And as long as passion is joined by rationality, it will be possible to simmer it down and present an argument. The cornerstone of rationality is the willingness and ability to change. Religion is the opposite. It only changes when it absolutely HAS to to survive.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are not many (if any, I'd be interested to know) atheists that have gunned down other people for their convictions or because they themselves were atheists. And I really dont think people use atheism to spread hate.

And yes, I love Vampire the Masquerade :>
These are your beliefs and I welcome you to them. I support them with every fiber of my being. They aren't mine, so I can't agree. I've seen first hand what a good religious person can do, or even a good religious community. And I've seen what bad a religious zealot could do. A religious cabal. I've seen equal with great measure. I didn't covet the good, so I ignored the bad. I didn't want the bad to justify my beliefs, leading me to ignore the good. I saw individuals using whatever they wanted to justify their actions. So I'm always going to side on the individual compared to any label, ideal, belief, or what have you.

But, we handled it like Gentlemen, and I think we both can agree that if a lot more of what just occured between us happened around the world, we'd be better off. Not just the discussion, but the acceptance of the still continuing disagreement.

Also, you love V:tM. I can never stay mad at you!

Casual Shinji said:
ObsidianJones said:
Religion didn't drive them to shoot. Who knows what drove them to shoot? But the point is there will always be a reason. And people who are violent and easily led will always find it. To blindly blame religion, ideology, social standing, race, sexuality, abuse... ANYTHING... and to say everything in life will just be better if we stamp this out... it will kill us. It will lead us blindly into the security of our ideals and convictions rather than just stopping and looking at someone and trying to understand that person. Every Person. We need more relation and acceptance than we do labeling and judging inferior.

Some people use religion to find peace in one's self, and some people use atheism to target people different and spread anger.
Some people use religion to target people different and spread anger, and some people use atheism to find peace in one's self.

Both sides are capable of the same thing.
I'm pretty sure religion did drive them to shoot. No, not religion as a concept, but because of in what religious culture they were raised. There's a pervasive mindset in Islam to not accept criticism of any kind. You can call it a sect within that religion, but it is there and it's spreading its tendrils throughout Europe.

We can never solve the problem of someone just snapping and going on a killing spree, but when there's a clear ideology at the centre of many of these attacks and threats, one that is followed and applauded by a good number of others, than it'd be crazy to ignore that.
Shinji, we play video games. You should understand the dangers of the embolden sentence more than anyone. When Fox News hears of a school shooting, they get out the lotion and Kleenex just begging for the shooter to have played games sometime in his or her life.

I mean, Adam Lenza had deep psychological troubles that are well documented. But what did Fox News do? Looked for the usual Common Denominator [http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/09/12/training-simulation-mass-killers-often-share-obsession-with-violent-video-games/]. Glenn Beck pointed the finger directly at World of Warcraft for Elliot Rodger's [http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/05/27/lets-play-the-agenda-game-glenn-points-out-progressive-parallels-in-shooters-manifesto/] disconnect from Society to subsequent hate-filled and misogynistic final actions.

In other people's mind, case closed. You kill people in Halo, you want to kill people in real life. Fox News has made multimillionaires out of people who put these ideas out there... not because it's just fun to say... but people honestly believe that. To them, the ideology is clear as well. If you didn't have these urges to murder, you wouldn't play these murdering games. Or Murder Simulators as they call them now.

Yet you, me, and literally Billions of other gamers doesn't really feel like hurting a fly. Just like Billions of Theists just believe in something different. And there are a subsect of Theists who have violent tendencies. And like all aberrations in the societal make up, they seek others like them so they don't feel alone any more. This is one of the only blights that the internet created, as it's so easy for them to do that now. But it makes them feel empowered when their once single voice is echoed.

Much like the KKK and white power movements. Meanwhile, even though plenty of these groups exist in efforts of eradicating the other races of this world (824 [http://www.businessinsider.com/active-hate-groups-by-state-2014-2] in the US alone in 2013)... The white race isn't morally bankrupted as a societal construct. The white race is just a shared phenotypical set and traditions stemming from regions around the globe. Nothing about them are more or less prone to making hate groups as compared to other races, so I won't take their phenotype, genotype, or past traditions to stand as a marker for anything. But yet, White Power Movements liter the internet.

So instead of believing some bull that whites are just prone to doing that, I choose to realize the reality; Individuals are capricious and they'll do what they want, but still are social creatures known as humans which will make them look for likeminded people. I'm sure I could find Black Power (like, overtly racist kind... not just the super cool afro wearing kind), Asian Power, Latin Power sites if I looked. Easily. Hell, there was 114 Black Septratists in the last link I posted. We are all capable of bad. We are all capable of good. A loving home can produce a monster, A shitty home can produce a Paragon of Justice.

But just closing our eyes and saying "There. that's it" while ignoring the other parts that are actually different than what we want to believe? That's damaging.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
Gethsemani said:
Am I the only one seeing the danger in de-humanizing the people who performed this heinous attack? Calling their minds barren because their view of the world does not correlate with our own is the first step on the road of getting into the same mindset that these murderers no doubt had. A mindset in which the other person isn't as much a human being as I am, because they do not think like I do.
While dehumanizing the perpetrators here does us the disservice of denying the opportunity of understanding how this came about and perhaps protecting ourselves from further such behavior, the comparison you draw is not quite reasonable. Deciding to kill someone because of a cartoon they wrote is qualitatively different referring to murderers as being barren of mind.

HerbertWard

Dec 13, 2014
Dr_Fred said:
They enjoyed a reliable number of readers over time, which, I can assure you because I know a few, were *not* people who took the contents of the magazine at face value. It is what it is - a caricature of a journal, that acts like a canary in a coal mine : as long as they stand, it means that there is still free press in France. This is also true, to a large extent, of the Canard Enchaîné, but it looks like CH might not make it. Given how large a fraction of their team they have lost, it is by no means certain that they will keep going further.

Which makes me, personally, quite worried.
They will make it, funds are being unlocked to help them, and other newspapers are ready to give a hand. Probably Libé again, as they did back in 2011.

Publication is not stopped, next number will be in store wednesday, made by the ones who survived and can still stand.

PS : heureux de voir que je ne suis pas le seul bouffeur de grenouille dans le coin ;)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"This is the act of idiot extremists, and certainly not of all Muslims who live in France. It's a minority which is absolutely not represtative, which went and carried out this act of violence." -Stephane Charbonnier, editor of Charlie Hebdo and one of the victims of the shooting, speaking to an interviewer in the charred remains of the paper's offices after a 2011 firebombing.

My stance against those who would dictate for all what can and cannot be said, barring an utterly and uncontroversially clear harm in doing so, is firm. But it is a poor celebration of those who have died to attack their murderers with an extremism at least one of them clearly did not condone.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
PunkRex said:
If the cartoons were racist in anyway then I can understand peoples concerns but running in to an office and gunning people down CANNOT be justified.

A world were cartoons get people killed is not one I want to live in.

First off, let me explain that Muslim is not a race but instead a religion. The whole thing about making an image of the Prophet Muhammad is a religious person seen holy as said to be the last messenger of God and supposed founder of Islam. Making a satire of him is considered to Muslims to be an attack against their religion. It's the same as how they're equally offended if someone tries to draw an image of Allah (the Muslim equivalent to God).

And this is not understandable for people's concerns on this. Every religion, every single one of them, has been under satire, scrutiny, joke, mockery, and so on since forever ago. This is Freedom of Speed, a thing that shouldn't be exclusive to America but instead be a universal right to all peoples of the world. However there are fanatics that see it as their "right" to attack those that speak out against what they believe and kill them for the sake of getting some 72 virgins in some paradise. So their interpretation of their "religion" is batcrap crazy as well as sexist. .. ....why should there be any understanding?
I wasn't talking about understanding those fanatics, I meant that I understood why some may be annoyed about a news outlet criticizing someones entire way of life. Let me be clear though, I am not saying I believe they should be censored, if you are free to criticize them for their lifestyle they are free to do the same.

I'm just saying I understand why some people may be upset.

I don't know enough about the Muslim belief system to really comment but the culture as a whole does make me feel uneasy. Where as most other main stream religions have evolved with the times a lot of their factions seem adamant that they'd rather die then ever adapt. The whole thing seems kind of backward but as I said I don't know enough about it.

As for the race vs religion thing, that's a completely different debate. As far as I know, much like Jewish people, Muslims are fairly picky about who they marry and at this point selective breeding means they may be more a race then most countries.

Again, I don't really know enough about it, what I do know is there is no place in society for people willing to kill over a joke. I just hope they don't hurt anyone else.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Jesus, attack Sony for making a movie, attack a newspaper for making a cartoon... we live in crazy times. And yet... I feel proud that popular media are able to scare terrorists and dictatorships more than governments. That they force theses groups to respond in the only way they know how, and that these attempts to silence free expression are more or less ineffectual.

This does worry me, though. I've heard very negative things about France and its xenophobia towards Muslims. I hope that this doesn't lead to greater islamiphobia there.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
I'm going to qoute Richard Jomshof from the Sweden Democrats on this one:

"Take for example Egypt, where close to 50% of the population in the election 2014 chose to vote on the islamistic Muslim Brotherhood. 25% chose to vote on the islamistic Salafists. All in all, a crushing majority of the electorate chose to support anti-democratic islamists. Do not come to me and say, that these issues concern only a small minority."

That's pretty much my stance on the matter. Of course not ALL muslims are islamists, even to claim such a thing would be absurd. However, there is no doubt that there are MANY muslims that are islamist, or harbor some form of sympathy for islamist. And considering how many muslims there are worldwide(over 1 billion, IIRC), it only takes maybe 10% for them to be a serious threat to the western world. And if Egypt and this study ( http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/30/us-islam-views-survey-idUSBRE93T0TK20130430 ) are anything to go by, it's probably far more than 10%.

I'm not saying we should ban all mosquees and be immediately suspicious of all muslims. I'm just saying this problem goes far, far deeper than many people(even in this thread) care to admit. A disappearingly small minority of muslims will commit acts of terrorism. A significantly larger minority however, will cheer them on when they do, and help reinforce when they get in trouble.

Je Suis Charlie

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
awesomeClaw said:

"Take for example Egypt, where close to 50% of the population in the election 2014 chose to vote on the islamistic Muslim Brotherhood. 25% chose to vote on the islamistic Salafists. All in all, a crushing majority of the electorate chose to support anti-democratic islamists. Do not come to me and say, that these issues concern only a small minority."

That's pretty much my stance on the matter. Of course not ALL muslims are islamists, even to claim such a thing would be absurd. However, there is no doubt that there are MANY muslims that are islamist, or harbor some form of sympathy for islamist. And considering how many muslims there are worldwide(over 1 billion, IIRC), it only takes maybe 10% for them to be a serious threat to the western world. And if Egypt and this study ( http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/30/us-islam-views-survey-idUSBRE93T0TK20130430 ) are anything to go by, it's probably far more than 10%.

I'm not saying we should ban all mosquees and be immediately suspicious of all muslims. I'm just saying this problem goes far, far deeper than many people(even in this thread) care to admit. A disappearingly small minority of muslims will commit acts of terrorism. A significantly larger minority however, will cheer them on when they do, and help reinforce when they get in trouble.

Je Suis Charlie
I feel like this is somewhat disenginuous. You say that 1 billion Muslims exist in the world, but then you start quoting statistics from Egypt, and several of the most radical Muslim nations. The truth is, though, that the vast majority of Muslims don't live in the Middle East, and probably don't associate with radical Islam. It's also unfair to suggest that Islam itself is automatically radical in nature. Radical Islam in the Middle East has more to do with political and cultural strife resulting from imperialism and warfare. Things could have turned out very differently, and while I have no sympathy for terrorists, the history between the west and Islam is very complicated, and both the United States and parts of Europe are partly responsible for the situation there. It is perhaps time for people to stop pointing fingers at one another.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
tzimize said:
erttheking said:
Aroddo said:
Of course, but you have to agree that having a mandate from heaven takes a lot of the guilt and responsibility off. If you gun down a few black people because you think they are inferior...its on you. And in time, you might be convinced of your erroneous ways.

If you gun down a few cartoonists because god has decreed it so...its kinda hard to convince you of anything else. How does one argue with god?
You could also be convinced NOT to murder someone because it's against your religion. Religion can promote both violence and peace, and a lot more that I've heard of promote peace. Of course peace doesn't make the news very often.

Believe it or not religion used to be the de-facto basis for morality for most people, and what better deterrent could there be for immoral behavior than an all powerful deity who sees you at all times and will punish or reward you eternally based on your actions.

In the end religion is about separation. Us and them. We who believe, those who are unbelievers. We who are gods chosen, everyone else. We who will go to heaven, those who will burn in hell. Separation creates a gulf between people. Especially when the separation is about who is worthy and who is not. If you erase the gulf, we are that much closer to each other as human beings and it is that much harder to do horrible things to each other.
People will always be separated by things, be they beliefs, ideologies, cultures, values. Rather than try and strip away the things that might make us separate, I would rather us all just accept our differences.

And to broadly categorize all religions, even all Muslim religions, as being intolerant towards others, is just simple minded and lazy.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Fox12 said:
awesomeClaw said:

Je Suis Charlie
I feel like this is somewhat disenginuous. You say that 1 billion Muslims exist in the world, but then you start quoting statistics from Egypt, and several of the most radical Muslim nations. The truth is, though, that the vast majority of Muslims don't live in the Middle East, and probably don't associate with radical Islam. It's also unfair to suggest that Islam itself is automatically radical in nature. Radical Islam in the Middle East has more to do with political and cultural strife resulting from imperialism and warfare. Things could have turned out very differently, and while I have no sympathy for terrorists, the history between the west and Islam is very complicated, and both the United States and parts of Europe are partly responsible for the situation there. It is perhaps time for people to stop pointing fingers at one another.
According to the study, the statistics in South-east Asia are in many respects not much better. They are slightly more encouraging, of course, but they are still very disconcerting.

Of course a vast majority don't associate with Radical Islamism. There we are in agreement, completely. However, that "slight minority" of maybe 10-20%, suddenly appears very much larger when you put it in absolute numbers.

Regarding the history of colonialism and western intervention in the Middle East: It is true that white europeans are to blame for many of the conflicts that exist in muslim nations today. And it is equally true that there are a number of muslim nations that have had very successful conversions into democracy, take Tunisia for example.

But the WHY is not relevant. What's relevant is how this affects us, and what steps we should take in order to secure ourselves, and by extension the liberal forces in Muslim Nations, from the snake-in-the-grass that is radical islamism. Why it looks like that can help us in that respect - but we can't undo the past, we can only work to change the future.

Pizzle

Dec 7, 2013
I must react when I see people asking why this is such a big deal. I live in Paris, I am french, I never liked Charlie Hebdo, and I am deeply horrified. This is not about the number of people who died, this is not about their religion, not about their origins (one of the cops who got killed is named "Ahmed" btw). This is like 9/11 to us here, not because of the number, not because of the horrifyingly spectacular attack. It is about the symbol, it is about being attacked right at the center of Paris, about seeing the guys executing coldly a policeman who surrendered, about the direct and brutal agression against our most fundamental principles.

This is no time to "warn us" that the guys at Charlie Hebdo were no heroes, no time to say that we should care about everyone who dies because of these fanatics, we are mourning and we are outraged. This should not be so hard to understand. People at Charlie Hebdo are heroes to us now, they can't be anything else, it's not about who they really were but about what the represents to us.

You might also want to have a read at this, it sums up pretty well my opinion : http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/blame-for-charlie-hebdo-murders

About muslims in France... it is not as bad as what I read here. Sadly there was some isolated actions (no one was hurt luckily) and that's disgusting. Most french people are perfectly aware that muslim are not fanatics, we have a lot of them in Paris and around Paris and we live together fairly well. My district is full of muslims and jews and no one is shooting anyone. People are angry at brutality and ignorance, we do not ask for blood. Even our "dear" Front National stressed the fact that no one was blaming muslims. Well, not "no one", you always have stupid people around. But most french people just want the criminals brought to justice.

To be fair, I am almost offended that I have to explain this. But we live in a society where you are allowed to offend me. The people at Charlie Hebdo died because fanatics think that this society should not exist. And that's why this is a big deal.

PS. Il y a quelques français adeptes d'Escapist oui ;)