Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: A Tale of Two Poets

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
Jim gives off a real coffee house open mic vibe. I more than half expected Yahtzee to appear in his segment, lightly playing the bongos.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I'm not really into poetry, but I liked these because they weren't lofty or pretentious (a problem with a lot of poetry throughout the ages). Make it a bit more visually interesting and record in better acoustics and you've got yourselves a solid new show.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
This was great!

Jim you really managed to make everything rhyme so I applaud you for that good sir.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Chessrook44 said:
As an OCD person who always pays attention to the numbers of how long things go, repetitiveness, and making sure it always hits the same notes at the same points (One two three FOUR, five six sev EIGHT, because seven has two syllables and that can ruin the exactitude of the pattern) I have to say... Jim did it well and a nice job with the poetry. Yahtzee though... he started off strong, but it wasn't long before he seemed to lose track, the rhymes not showing up where they should have, and sometimes not even showing up at all. Or if they did I didn't notice them.
Yeah, I hear you and second the comment. Yahtzee gets points for the metaphor and story, but his rhyming was inconsistent. Jim's was solid, though (novelty of commenting in verse aside) arguably less amusing. And I have no particular metric for this, but I liked Yahtzee's sort of sliding in from the right and pulling faces as the car salesman. Dude should get in front of the camera more often, he pulls it off well. Like others are saying : more, please! I liked seeing it and appreciate the effort they put into pulling it off.

Ya gotta love Yahtzee and Jim
Though their Suessian verse only scans if you skim
Still to the delight of their fans
They became passionate and
Begat Jim-tuation 'n' Zero-quisition.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
thomaskattus said:
labbu said:
Am I the only one who thought Yahtzee was talking about the WiiU before he actually said 'PS4'?
I did at first, but once he got into more details about "the car" I realized it was the PS4 he was talking about. The fact that "the car" had not been released yet was a big clue.

Anyways, excellent performances gentlemen. I look forward to seeing more of your poetry in further episodes.
Nope, I thought it was the WiiU at first, but that's because new home consoles are sounding disturbingly similar. Anyways, this was a brilliant act of wordsmitherey! Yahtzee's psychotic grin was just gravy, Jim got the Dr. Seuss rhythm flawlessly, and I got to see more!

captcha: hobby-horse
Looks like these guys found a new one with poetry writing!

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Haven't seen it yet, will update in 5 mins when I've finished.

EDIT: Like it, and looking forward to more.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
I dig it, it's entertaining and give an opinion about current events. I like the combinations of two personas from Escapist.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
My day is made. The Yahtzee psychotic grin was amazing. So glad to hear it's going to be a weekly thing.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I've always imagined the greatest super hero team would have Yahtzee and Jim in it. We gotta grab Yahtzee on the good side before he decides to continue work on "the device" and rule the world.

OT: I hope this becomes a regular thing (or at least semi-regular. I know Yahtzee must have a million things going at once). It was really fun and refreshing to see this show.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Crazy Zaul said:
Jim said he was working on something new with someone but I didn't expect anything like that. The first few mins were a bit weird but then it got quite funny.

On the Dtoid post of this someone randomly commented 'Susan Arendt is one of the best people alive'...OK?
Aw, that was nice of them. :)

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
To quote the beer commercial (and risk the Low Content Post Warning):

BRILLIANT!!!!

LordFish

May 29, 2012
No. Freaking. Way.

That was SO epic. I just... can't pick a winner.... please don't make me...I can't!

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Wow, that was just beautiful. I had to pause the video after Yahtzee's last verse so i wouldn't miss Jim's poem due to my laughter!

MetaKnight670

Apr 3, 2011
I honestly thought this was just a joke thing, but that was awesome! More please Yahtzee & Jim! That would be another awesome thing to make my Wednesdays better.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Am I the only one weirded out by the fact that Jim was the faster speaking of the two?
I reckon I'd quite enjoy seeing more of this.