Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Gaming the System

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Gaming the System

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
TechTim said:
+20 points for everyone who watched this
x2 multiplier if you went on break first to avoid distracting your coworkers.

OT: I still don't miss the WWII shooters; I've died enough in little French villages, I'm not inclined to go back any time soon. Here's hoping the industry branches out to different wars. I'd love to play a Napoleonic game where you're a Spanish irregular picking off French supply columns and seeing what it's like to fight a guerrilla war against invaders, rather than the other way around.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Interesting point there, Jim. It does indeed seem like quite a while since we last saw anything World War II. I'm sure all too soon we'll be begging for a break from it again.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I was eagerly anticipating the hilariously dark turn in Yahtzee's poem, and sure enough it came.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
That dark turn, how glorious. It's also about time we finally had Yahtzee and Nazi rhymed in poem form.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
From now on, I will adopt Yahtzee's point system in my everyday life, with the added bonus of not being in The Matrix or toiling away in a mine later.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Ldude893 said:
I was eagerly anticipating the hilariously dark turn in Yahtzee's poem, and sure enough it came.
Loved Jim's ending as well.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I feel like I'd get more stuff done and be a better person if that point system existed in real life.
Scrumpmonkey said:
You get a streak bonus if you watched a Jimquisition earlier this week and then chain this into A Zero Punctuation later. I've got to grind points for the final boss of the Escapist, Zombie Russ Pits with his polygon attack.
What if I watched Zero Punctuation first? Is my streak ruined? D:

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Thunderous Cacophony said:
OT: I still don't miss the WWII shooters; I've died enough in little French villages, I'm not inclined to go back any time soon. Here's hoping the industry branches out to different wars. I'd love to play a Napoleonic game where you're a Spanish irregular picking off French supply columns and seeing what it's like to fight a guerrilla war against invaders, rather than the other way around.
Roxor said:
Interesting point there, Jim. It does indeed seem like quite a while since we last saw anything World War II. I'm sure all too soon we'll be begging for a break from it again.
Well we do have Red Orchestra 2; one of my favorite multiplayer games at the moment. It even takes place in the Battle of Stalingrad, which I don't think is covered anywhere else in the game industry except part of the Russian Campaign in the original Call of Duty. Plus they also put out the Rising Storm expansion, which covers the Pacific Front. I don't think that's been covered in this industry since Battlefield 1942!