Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Glow Blue

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Glow Blue

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Hey, Yahtzee! You forgot Doctor Manhattan on your list of things that glow blue. How can one forget about the God-like being who mopes and bemoans the futility of humanity while wandering around butt naked.

And away with you, Jim Sterling, with your pre-order wares. Unless you're offering Anne Hathaway in a French maid outfit riding on top of Nyan Cat while raining hundred dollar bills, I must say "Good day, sir".

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Mr. Q said:
And away with you, Jim Sterling, with your pre-order wares. Unless you're offering Anne Hathaway in a French maid outfit riding on top of Nyan Cat while raining hundred dollar bills, I must say "Good day, sir".
BRB, putting that in a "vertical slice" gameplay demo.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well ... good thing blue is one of my favorite colours.
Blue is such a great colour.
Didn't actually realize that a whole lot was blue. *Remembers Mass Effect*

Okay, I agree, a lot was blue.
Good thing Yahtzee brought this to light ... that was blue!
Scaaaaaarey!

As for Jim ... sounds like a good deal!
But can we get a pre-order bonus which involves fucking up a game of a great franchise?
I want to know how Gearbox felt. (Just for the hell of it, but it would be the most depressing DLC/Pre-order bonus ever)

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Jimothy Sterling said:
Mr. Q said:
BRB, putting that in a "vertical slice" gameplay demo.
Sold, on the promise of that vertical slice demo that we may or may not see at a time TBA. I'll also pick up a DLC season pass while I'm at it, I'd hate to have to pay full price for the dlc to the product that hasn't been announced yet.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I'm kind of tired of blue too. You know what's amazing though? A black case with YELLOW contours and lighting. Now that's something I'd like to see more, but it seems that very few have touched that recently (seriously, black with bright red details? Didn't we leave that in the early 90s?)

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I'm enjoying Jim's pursuit of preorders in general.

Is Ben's poem about anything in particular? I was under the impression that the ps4 failure rate ended up being under 1% and that the temporary outcry about it ended up being a product of the availability of media in a level that 2005/2006 hadn't quite reached yet coupled with a launch of over 1 million units sold and being used all at once.

So a thousands of people experiencing the problem could easily find others thanks to the miracles of the modern internet while the 990 thousand people who weren't experiencing the problem weren't newsworthy to report on. Amazon reported a few hundred people getting faulty units but that also turned out to be an interesting story on how they packaged the consoles in large boxes with plenty of room to move around. So people were basically getting consoles that had been dropped over and over again during shipping. But even then, Amazon announced that over 99% of their PS4 customers weren't having any problems either... so...?
http://www.geekwire.com/2013/sony-ps4-broken-amazon-shipments-poor-packaging/

I also haven't particularly heard anything significant about the XBO either, except for the faulty disk drive which they acknowledged.

Is there a new piece of news that has happened or was this poem regarding that scare? I liked the sound of the poem and all the lines, just wondering if I missed something in the news.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Blue is a lovely colour indeed, though that poem appeared to be about the PS4 and it's broken reports. That is seriously unfair to it given the tiny percentage.

I don't know whether I want to buy Jim's game yet.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Lightknight said:
Is Ben's poem about anything in particular? I was under the impression that the ps4 failure rate ended up being under 1% and that the temporary outcry about it ended up being a product of the availability of media in a level that 2005/2006 hadn't quite reached yet coupled with a launch of over 1 million units sold and being used all at once.
I thought the 1% number only came from Sony itself, and I wouldn't trust a company's own PR on that.

Still, people are likely complaining, and I suppose this puts it in perspective.

However, the Blue Screen of Death is also...I forget where I was going with that.

Anyway, I would like to buy Jim's product, as it still seems more likely to be decent than what EA's advertising.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
No detached busty torso statue edition, 0/10filthycasual.

I think Jim won this week's rhymedown, BUT NOT BECAUSE MY PS4 BROKE.

[small]I don't have a PS4 :I[/small]

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Spiffing offerings, both. Good show, gents.

In the midst of watching "Fringe" with friends on Netflix; amazing how much "science" glows blue, just because.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I like to imagine my computer's quiet fan noise got a little happier as it was streaming your words, Yahtzee. I rarely give the LEDs much love.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
I thought the 1% number only came from Sony itself, and I wouldn't trust a company's own PR on that.

Still, people are likely complaining, and I suppose this puts it in perspective.
That link I produced was to Amazon announcing that:

"More than 99% of Amazon customers are having a great experience with their new console. We are working with Sony to assist the small percentage of customers who have reported issues and our customer service team stands ready to offer an exchange or where possible, help customers get their systems up and running." [http://www.geekwire.com/2013/sony-ps4-broken-amazon-shipments-poor-packaging/] (it's the final update at the bottom of the article where Amazon responded to the article)

So, Sony says it's less than 1%, Amazon says it's less than 1%, and as far as I can tell, there is no dissenting data saying otherwise. It was just blown out of proportion because the 1% having trouble is newsworthy while the 99% where everything goes right does not a story make.

Anyway, I would like to buy Jim's product, as it still seems more likely to be decent than what EA's advertising.
Yes, I just want to mail him a stack of money in hopes that it's enough to get said product.

krickit

Jan 16, 2011
Jim Sterling, if you're going to angle your camera so we can see your monitor distinctively in your glasses, please ensure there is an easter egg on screen. I got distracted by the brown smudge that might've been an image.

I don't have a PS4 nor do I often pre-order things, so this video didn't really ring for me.

PrimePowerOn

Nov 30, 2009
That was, as ever, absolutely brilliant. Love the show tie-in, Jim. Now to go fund Unsung Story.....

(Anyone that can say they had even a hand in FFTactics gets a hearty "shut up and take my money" from me.)