Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Xbox One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Xbox One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Both were fantastic.

Yahtzee's needs to be shown to everybody involved in the Microsoft reveal (and those who decided this crap was a good idea).

I was wondering where Jim was going with his, seeing as it seemed to be building up to something clever, was funny just because upon realising it was near the end, I knew it'd be something like it was, and it made me laugh.

I hope this series continues for some time, it's a great new addition.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
And the beatings for Microsoft continue to come forth.

BTW, any change the Jim & Yahtzee Rhymedown Spectacular will appear at the Escapist Expo this year? Just curious.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
I think this is the first one where I clearly feel that Yahtzee hit it out of the park. Keep 'em coming.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I can't see why some people try to turn this show into a contest between you two.

:D The audience! Well done to you both!

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Both of these poems were simply beautiful, in their own ways.

Though I have to say, the end of Jim's was the first time I've actually laughed at a poem. The punchline was pretty perfectly built up.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Ah, this weeks rhymedown was truly spectacular! Yahtzee's poem was very spot on and the subtlety of Jim's piece made me laugh half way through. Well done, our word-masters!

josh4president

Mar 24, 2010
When was the last time in your life you could honestly say,

That you anticipated with joy two new poems every Wednesday?

Nooh

Mar 31, 2011
As a straight man, I still want to say that Yahtzee looked pretty damn handsome in that attire.

empirialtank

Jan 22, 2010
i'm calling shenanigans on Yahtzee this week: a restaurant run by Microsoft would've crashed and burned with in minutes of being built, it would take them twenty updates or so before the damn thing stood up and even then the waiter would've frozen up the moment he tried to take their order.

Also Jim i saw that last joke coming from a mile off, and i still did a spit take when you said it, well done man.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
josh4president said:
When was the last time in your life you could honestly say,

That you anticipated with joy two new poems every Wednesday?
That feeling I hadn't some time ago met
I was looking forward to Yahtzee's incessant rambling instead
But now that I've seen the work these two great wordsmen
I simply cannot think of a Wednesday without them

This series is currently the best thing on The Escapist
In not a single episode has the mark been missed
I wish these both men a long life and good health
And for Microsoft to wake up from its delusions of incoming wealth

skaskunk

Apr 12, 2010
Very, very good! Both of you keep up the good work! Yahtzee being so subtle and discrete and Jim...well just being Jim :D

P.S.: I read through the whole comments section in that specific poetry tempo :))

tardcore

Jan 15, 2011
Beat poetry and techno-jargon. You just can't beat that combination. I love this idea to discuss serious issues by such a witty and urbane method. And Jim don't worry about the sledgehammer verse, what ever works to get your thoughts across. And I must say this method suits you quite well. After all sometimes the most eloquent rebuttal can be made by the simplest of obscene gestures.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
I laughed at both. Amazing job with the bread, and yeah...way to be subtle... :D