Jimquisition: Epic Hole (B Mine Cliffy)

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
GAunderrated said:
This video seemed more retro jimquisition (first 10 episodes) than the quality jimquisitions we have been getting the latter half of 2012. Odd way to end it in my opinion.
How so? The original episodes were me, a blank wall, and unscripted rambling. This, in contrast, seems radically different. I'm curious as to what you feel wasn't up to snuff.

In any case, the show goes back to its usual routing next week. Having episodes stuck on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, I felt it prudent not to return to the typical subjects until after the holidays.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I must be getting old; its new years and I can't tell whats Twilight Zone and whats not.
Was this Twilight Zone?
If so, when did Serling get fat and change his name to Jim? Was he getting teased because his name was Rod?
I'm so confused.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Fantastic!

But one of the lines in the chorus sounds like "I want this sanity to end" which can't be right, but I just can't hear "I want this insanity to end."

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
That hole must be pretty epic indeed. And Blezinski is dead inside if this doesn't make him laugh. :)

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
ritchards said:
Fantastic!

But one of the lines in the chorus sounds like "I want this sanity to end" which can't be right, but I just can't hear "I want this insanity to end."
"I want this enmity to end."

I had realized after the video was done that it came out pretty wrong-sounding. But ah well!

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Beautiful song Jim. Although it was slightly painful listening to your voice in comparison to Gavin's.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Despite all evidence to the contrary, Jim is not your stereotypical opera singer.

That being said, I wonder if we will hear a reply from the second party.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Jandau said:
Must... not ... make... gay... joke... about Jim's Epic Hole...

Agayek said:
Is it just me or is the video playing at like 1/3 speed with no sound for anyone else?
Same here, I think it's got something to do with the fireworks in the site background. It cleared up once I switched to fullscreen.
It's definitely the fireworks. Every time they go off it makes my page-scrolling stutter.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
EPIC games are epic fail, as far as I'm concerned. They lashed out at the PC community when Gears of War failed to impress us. Refused to consider that it was because the game just wasn't good on the PC and instead called us all pirates and basically snubbed us completely. Also loading it up with Games For Windows Live wasn't the smartest idea ever.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
Jimothy Sterling said:
DrMegaNutz said:
No offense Jim, but you are a lot fatter than I thought.
OH NO OFFENSE TAKEN I AM GRATEFUL ACTUALLY BECAUSE I HAD NO IDEA I WAS FAT IN FACT DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS NOW!?
Don't listen to him Jim, He's jealous of your godliness.

OT: Awesome video. I wager that was the strangest thing Gav has done all year.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
DrMegaNutz said:
snip to remove context.
OH NO OFFENSE TAKEN I AM GRATEFUL ACTUALLY BECAUSE I HAD NO IDEA I WAS FAT IN FACT DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS NOW!?
Yes! Friend request sent at full warp.

OT: Fun video, loved the basketball. You will go pro one day, just keep trying.

CrazyFikus

Mar 20, 2009
I'm kinda indifferent to Cliff "Cliffy B" Bleszinski ever since the whole Gears of War thing happened, but the song was a good laugh.
Hope 2013 brings some good will between Epic Games an the PC community.

Also, at 4:00 was that a pair of underpants next to the bird?
By the gods Jim, what did you do?

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I hope that the "no animals were harmed" disclaimer was not intentionally omitted... Also, this video is an assault on the senses. A violent, painful assault. Excellent work, Miracle of Sterling.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Jim is a pro baller. I wasn't sure if it was him or Jordan himself in those clips.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
With regards to dead animals/shed clothes/anything else -- we didn't set up any props or scenery outside of what I was wearing. Any roadkill/washed up carcasses were just part of the usual Mississippi scenery. The Asian fellow we found was a stranger who we asked to be in it.

Funny thing -- we asked him if he'd mind standing with me for the vid and he said, "You sure you want you an Asian in your video?"

Keep on trucking, harshly self-deprecating Asian Beach Guy! Just keep on trucking.