Jimquisition: Free To Wait

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
I am surprised that the mobile game "Marvel: War of Heroes" isn't mentioned on any of these lists. I mean Final Fantasy at least you know what you are paying for, in Marvel you are expected to fork out a shit ton of money for what is effectively a chance at something worthwhile. But that is how trading card games are, I hear you say. Yes but trading card games are far cheaper and do not feature a heavily influenced pay - to - win scheme. There are people on there that have paid $1000's. Thousands. On a mobile game. I will let that sink in.

TheTinyMan

May 6, 2010
CarbonJames said:
Have you tried AirMech?
Not yet, but it looks like fun in the video. ...did I just see a little Google Chrome-ship?! I love it, haha! I'll try to check it out this weekend if I find the time. :)

CarbonJames

Feb 10, 2014
TheTinyMan said:
Not yet, but it looks like fun in the video. ...did I just see a little Google Chrome-ship?! I love it, haha! I'll try to check it out this weekend if I find the time. :)
Yes, we have that from our Chrome launch of the game. I'd suggest the PC or Steam version as a first pick for playerbase and performance, but it is pretty cool we were able to make the whole thing in the browser too. Definitely made the initial porting work to Android much easier...

Also, that video is absolutely ancient. We need to do a new one as we approach the end of beta.

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
lukesparow said:
WarpZone said:
lukesparow said:
While the people making these games are indeed pigs, the people supporting it are even worse!
Who in the right mind would support a game that abuses this model?
People with more money than brains. We're in a global recession right now, remember? If you overcharge rich people and scare away normal people, you come out ahead. Or at least that's the prevailing wisdom among the suits, hacks, pimps and patent trolls.

Is anyone who's not an asshole making any money? If so, it'd be nice to hear about that, just for a change.
The folks at Naughty Dog see to be making plenty!
Meh. I suppose. I can't maintain a rage-on for Naughty Dog. The worst thing they're guilty of is decently functional play mechanics tied to lukewarm original IP. The only thing they've done that I found offensive was the critical acclaim surrounding The Last of Us which prevented me from realizing the story was intended to be subversive. And that was hardly their fault.

shadree

Jun 4, 2009
I was actually thinking about this yesterday having played Puzzle Quest: Marvel Dark Reign. It seems an especially stupid idea considering I can buy a whole playable game from $2 these days, why would I want to pay $2 to simply continue playing one?