Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards 2013 - Ridiculous Fishing

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
This game looks quite addictive, like those old games in which you have to dig through a mine with a hook to pull in ore.

Well congratulations Ridiculous Fishing, the ridiculous entry to the awards.

thephill

Nov 24, 2010
Another great thing about this game is that it costs like 2 quid. Bargain!
Not sure it would make my GOTY list but certainly a fun game. Not enough people take mobile games seriously enough, so it's good to see one get the recognition it deserves. personaly i played telltale's walking dead on iOS and loved it, but there are a lot of shovelware titles on the appstore.It can be hard to find the diamonds in a mountain of shit.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
...I cannot say I was expecting that. I have to go look this game up now.

My prediction for the final two games, The Last of Us and Saints Row IV (Calling it now folks).

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Man, super hexagon was among the most frustrating games I've ever played. Not a bad game, mind you, but it sure gets the blood boiling.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'm predicting Killzone and Saints Row in the final two spots. Looking forward to seeing whatever it is he's picking though.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Would be more surprising if the escapist URL didn't spoil it.

It's good that Vlaimbeer got recognition though, those guys work hard enough as is, without dickheads cloning their games wholesale and selling them alongside Vlaimbeer's material.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
... I feel certain that I played a browser based version of this game about 3 years ago (I know it was about 3 years because that's back when I had enough downtime at work to still play browser games).

*Runs to Wikipedia*

Ah, I did. Because they sold the adobe flash version of the game in 2010:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridiculous_Fishing

"The company sold the Flash game to a browser games website in 2010 but kept the rights to produce an iOS version, which they would call Ridiculous Fishing.[2] They began production on the iOS version on December 7, 2010, with the intention of a "2012/2013 equivalent" of the original.[3]"

http://www.bored.com/game/play/150995/

Interesting. They made a lot of graphical improvements but it's still the same game at the core. I'm glad they're doing so well.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
I guess you could say that Jim has...

cast out high production values.
One more pun from you and you'll be sleeping with the fishes.

OT: That actually looks... really addictive.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
Would you prefer last year when he totally gave away what the next award would be at the end of the episode?
This might be a tad embarrassing, but I never correctly guessed what the next game was going to be.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Akichi Daikashima said:
MarsAtlas said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
Would you prefer last year when he totally gave away what the next award would be at the end of the episode?
This might be a tad embarrassing, but I never correctly guessed what the next game was going to be.
But Jim is getting better, maybe next year he will learn and won't spoil the game at all.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
blackrave said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
MarsAtlas said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
But Jim is getting better, maybe next year he will learn and won't spoil the game at all.
I doubt that he will give up his favourite hobby of toying with us mortals.

VinLAURiA

Dec 25, 2008
Yeah, Super Hexagon was a great one. This looks fun as well.

As for "fun for all the family" along with the notable presence of the game in the intro, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 3D World is tomorrow's award. Because if it's anything like last year's awards, the Tuesday-Friday intros were nothing but the games that won. So Rayman Legends would be Friday's then.

Or perhaps the positions are switched. Still, chips on those two in any order.

nitrium oxide

Jun 10, 2011
It wasn't made clear in the video if Ridiculous Fishing was an iOS exclusive. Good news, it turns out it isn't: also on Android.