Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Two

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Hummm, i ALMOST bought it on a Steam sale, but was undecided. Now I will buy it for sure next time its on sale.

liam_whinery said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
But Jim, you charismatic stallion, how can 2D, retro graphics be immersive? I cannot possibly enjoy games unless they are First Person, played at 60 FPS with the latest video card!
Don't forget the multi-player mode with a competitive ranking system that leaves you feeling satisfied but hungry for more.
Curiously enough, 60 FPS computer focused multi-player competitive PvP games are what keeps me playing. I never understood why the hate in this forums for them, it's not like your average PS2, LoL or CoD fan bother indie or sotry based gamers.

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
connall said:
Delcast said:
Naww! I was hoping Journey would win overall game of the year... I suppose it't not big enough... still pretty good...
I'm guessing that the walking dead will be the winner.. a shame... the game seems awfully overrated to me.
Have you played the last episode yet?
Yeah, and it's a decent story (great characters, but the narrative felt slightly formulaic and just never managed to move me profoundly), but the problem for me is that it's really just a chose your own adventure book with cutscenes... I feel that the game is stagnant in a inorganic stail "choicemaking" system, and fails to present them in an active way. Thankfully this "dialogue tree" devices are slowly being overthrown by more "unconscious" decision making, like the ones shown in Spec-Ops: The Line.

On topic, lone survivor, yeah i liked it.. but it didn't find it riveting... started it and played it for a while, but i haven't finished it.. I don't know when (or if) I'm going back to it.