Jimquisition: Jimquisition Extra: Virgillio Armarndio's Art Hole

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Those monsters are obviously crabs.

The male sex is too stubborn to take care of their pubic hair and will pollute your carefully trimmed mons pubis.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
FelixG said:
It really came off when they talked about how Other M screwed up with the story on how they characterized Samus. This struck me as pretentious because they are telling Yoshio Sakamoto, the man who wrote all but one metroid game, that HIS character is wrong because THEY thought of her in a way that was misinformed.
It struck me how a "supposed-to-be badass" could be so softened in the cut-scenes (Metroid: Other Movie), to the point of affecting gameplay - requiring authorization to use certain weapons? What?

The whole game design and story is dildos and I prefer not to acknowledge it exists.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Vault Citizen said:
@00:35 - I'm scared.

@01:29 - Who else does this remind of the time Extra Creditz tried to tell us that there was some deep meaning behind some very old arcade game with a red dot and (I think it was) missiles?
To be fair to EC, they actually included quotes from the developers who said it was. So it's fair.
Fair enough.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
No No No, you have it all wrong. Let a real artistic expert explain it.

The aliens represent women, and the ship represents man

The women are trying to get to the man, to form a relationship with him. But the man, which is you, is afraid of what will happen when they get to you. So you hide behind emotional barriers that separate you and the women, and "shoot" at them.

By shoot, I obviously mean have sex with them. They disappear after they are "shot", as you have no emotional connection to them, a one night fling.

Have you noticed that the aliens closest to you are wider while the ones farthest away are skinnier? It's because the ones who crave your love the most are not as "attractive" as the ones in the back, so they are easier to "shoot". The ones in the back still want you, but are more willing to hold back. This is why they are farther away, and harder to shoot.

The UFO that just flies by the screen, that's so obviously an incredibly attractive women, so attractive in fact, that she is out of your league, and it becomes an achievement to lay with her.

And in the end, once all the women are gone, what do you do? Move on to the next batch. Why? Because you still crave love, but fear to get close to women. It's a never ending cycle until a women finally gets passed the man's emotional barriers.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
zombiejoe said:
No No No, you have it all wrong. Let a real artistic expert explain it.

The aliens represent women, and the ship represents man

The women are trying to get to the man, to form a relationship with him. But the man, which is you, is afraid of what will happen when they get to you. So you hide behind emotional barriers that separate you and the women, and "shoot" at them.

By shoot, I obviously mean have sex with them. They disappear after they are "shot", as you have no emotional connection to them, a one night fling.

Have you noticed that the aliens closest to you are wider while the ones farthest away are skinnier? It's because the ones who crave your love the most are not as "attractive" as the ones in the back, so they are easier to "shoot". The ones in the back still want you, but are more willing to hold back. This is why they are farther away, and harder to shoot.

The UFO that just flies by the screen, that's so obviously an incredibly attractive women, so attractive in fact, that she is out of your league, and it becomes an achievement to lay with her.

And in the end, once all the women are gone, what do you do? Move on to the next batch. Why? Because you still crave love, but fear to get close to women. It's a never ending cycle until a women finally gets passed the man's emotional barriers.
Hehehe...that was post number 69...hehehe...I'm so mature.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Say what you will about the show, but it's made me laugh a lot more than some of the recent episodes of Zero Punctuation....

billy-j

Dec 16, 2007
This fucking dolt clearly has no idea what he's talking about Space Invaders is a purely male affair, in fact it's about penis envy, can't you see that you blithering idiot?

I'm sure you can all agree how much the object the player controls looks like a tiny penis, and the general phallic nature of the enemies and their size in comparison shows how the man with the tiny cock is segregated in society by those of a bigger size than him. So he lashes out, breaking down the barriers (or shields if you will) to win back his freedom and pride, this is why shooting through your own defences works so well, it's not just a game strategy, it's symbolic of breaking down societal barriers. What idiot couldn't see that?!

seriously though, funny stuff Jim

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
That strangely actually makes sense...

Oh, and this will definitely dispell the accusations you're a misogynist :p

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
MonkeyPunch said:
SteelStallion said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/3285-Defending-Call-of-Duty

Yeah okay.
You do realise that you're linking an Episode to the creator of said episode :D

Too funny that Jim actually got a warning (or maybe it's all part of the show?!)... I'd say that he was responding in character. Like the guy he's playing in the video for what I'm commenting on.
I'm not sure that Jimothy Sterling is Jim Sterling.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
billy-j said:
This fucking dolt clearly has no idea what he's talking about Space Invaders is a purely male affair, in fact it's about penis envy, can't you see that you blithering idiot?

I'm sure you can all agree how much the object the player controls looks like a tiny penis, and the general phallic nature of the enemies and their size in comparison shows how the man with the tiny cock is segregated in society by those of a bigger size than him. So he lashes out, breaking down the barriers (or shields if you will) to win back his freedom and pride, this is why shooting through your own defences works so well, it's not just a game strategy, it's symbolic of breaking down societal barriers. What idiot couldn't see that?!

seriously though, funny stuff Jim
Haha, you're obviously new to this criticism game. Why don't you sit back whilst I provide the real interpretation of the game.

The player character resembles, more than anything else, an arrow or pointer. As we are all aware, an arrow implies direction, and direction represents ambition. Therefore, the fact that the player character can only move side to side, instead of the desired, forward direction, suggests impotence and a failure to meet expectations. Meanwhile, the obstacles are quite clearly references to the figures as depicted in ancient Mesopotamian glpyhs. The fact that this is not immediately obvious to most modern critics, goes to show the degree to which the standards of modern scholarship have deteriorated. As to what these glyphs represent, I'll leave it to you to work out something so apparent for yourself. Any true academic should be able to infer their meaning immediately.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Not sure if my laughter came from genuine mirth or, mortal fear. One or the other assuming they're different anyway. That was a nice extra helping on Jim on an otherwise boring day of the week.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Hmm...yes, while space invaders was certainly more sophisticated than the droll works surrounding it, it failed to convey a message not everyone knew about, and it's not art if you're just rehashing someone else's point.

You know what is art? Super Mario, that's what. In Super Mario, you Run and jump on various creatures, as well as smash blocks, on your way through around 20 courses all to defeat A vaguely villainous threat, only then do you learn that the blocks you shattered on the way through were actually people, and that your intervention was nothing but destructive. ( the princess restores the people while still in the dungeon)

Also of note is that the only source of power are flowers and mushrooms, both plants that can be dangerous narcotics, to symbolize the delusion that comes with power.

As well, the fact that you are only able to destroy the blocks after you have eaten a mushroom, or during the time when you can defend yourself, implying that the very act of gaining power is destructive to those around you.

ultimately, Super Mario drives home a point about the futility of intervention, showing that men can do nothing but bring suffering to others.

In comparison to this, space invaders has all the depth of a parlor trick.

seriously now, though, too many people fail to see that sometimes a cigar is really just a cigar, and Jim was merely making a parody of this personality type, it was a bit heavy handed though.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
That Virgillio guy looked a hell of a lot like Jim, I wonder if there's some sort of family connection?