Jimquisition: Launch Splooge

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Roman Monaghan said:
Sonic Doctor said:
Are we doing this before or after buying a fifth Lamborghini, because in your retarded fantasy suggestion everyone is rich and can just drop 3-5 hundred dollars willy nilly for a console they're barely going to touch for longer then a month and can afford a totally pointless and useless purchase like it's just a drop in the bucket.

People like you are the ones running these companies and it's also the same reason the AAA industry is going to fucking crash pretty soon, and with a fucked up mindset like this, I can't say I'm not looking forward to it.
Ha, no. Where did I even suggest that anybody was rich? Oh, nowhere, thought so.

Though, considering how many millions of people buy consoles at launch or a mere couple months after, I'm guessing there are a lot of rich people, lol, no, because 300 to 500 dollars isn't rich. It is basically "scrounge money" collected over a few years. Money that is from things like birthdays Christmas random relatives that visit and don't tend to live close by so they give some money to you because they think it counts as a loving and caring act, and money gathered from doing odd jobs for the parents and neighbors(chore money).

But that is beside the point, I wasn't talking about people that didn't have the money yet. I was taking about people that have the money, they say they have the money, and that it is discretionary income. It is money that can be easily spared because all the needs are paid for. But after they makes such points known, they say they are going to wait because a console only has one or two games that they like, and that is somehow not enough.

You see I'm coming from this as a person that seeing as the generations are so long, ends up buying two consoles(not back to back of course) and buys maybe 3 to 4 major titles at full price(if I'm lucky). I am by no means rich.

People that say, "well that's damn boring, only having one game to play for a couple or three months. I need to have more to do." That is what irks me. That is the comment of the possibly rich people that so like to bash, and that you think I am.

These people if they have the money to get the console now, why don't they get it? They comment that they are going to wait till it has games on it, while simultaneously saying that it has one or two games they want to play. But really, when a person gets a console, how many games does one usually get for it when they drop that money down for the console?

Yes that is right, one or two, usually even when they wait, because they are waiting for there to be more games. The thing is, with how long generations are, there will always be plenty of interesting games that will come along, well accept for the people that have a interest in types of games that is as broad as an edge of a piece of paper. This means that there is really no point in getting it right when you have the money, and you have those one or two games you are interested in.

When I bought my 360, I got two games with it, Halo 3, and Fable 2. They were the only games I had for the thing for six months. I played them to death, especially Halo 3 with friends and online. It was enough to bide my time till I had the money and there was an interesting game I wanted, because of course, I have other interests other than gaming, (movies, tv, reading, writing, hanging out with friends, and browsing the internet for random videos and articles), and other things that took up the time as well, like college.

Also it's probably how they go about playing games or it is there game choices. Games like the Mass Effect trilogy and Dragon Age 2, each of those games I played pretty much exclusively for two to three months each, around 55 hours or more time on each, usually only one play through on each. Of course, reading up on such games, I see people complaining about how they aren't enough, how it takes the less than half the time to beat them as it took me. It isn't a case of me not being skilled or whatnot, it is a case of said people rushing through their games. With each of those games, on the first play through, I did every single quest I found, was given, or stumbled upon. To which the other people say, "well I didn't bother with side quests, there should be no such thing as side quests, har har, derp," not getting the point of side quests.

What I was getting at is that kids or older gamers these days, act like one game is like a drop in the bucket and lasts only a day or two. Such people either have ADD or something or don't have perspective, or just not gamers.

Just the same as when I was a kid, I only got a few new and big games each year over the years for my, NES, SNES, N64, etc etc, I played my new games for weeks, usually months, then of course I did what any normal kid or gamer does, I went back and played games I had already played before. It just puzzles me how many people these days don't seem to have the ability to go back an play games they've played before and find some entertainment. But of course we are living in this new world of used sales stores, where people constantly sell off their last played games, to get new ones.

That's because people don't have patience these days to wait till they have the money saved to buy their games, few and few people these days have actual game collections. I guess I am of the rare gamer kind that has never sold a game, because I always see a possibility of going back to play it, if I don't have a new game to play. I'm the type of person that finds the thought of selling off my possessions to get new ones to be sickening, that I keep what I have because there might be a time when there is a long stretch where all I have is what I have and I can't get anything new.

The fact that you lump me in with all those "rich" people running and ruining(which they aren't) the industry, is quite humorous, because I am really not like them. But I'm not blind, and I can see that the people that buy consoles day one or not long after, and buy full priced games, are the people that are keeping the industry afloat, if it is floundering at all, because people that wait and buy, price dropped games and used games and price dropped consoles and used consoles, aren't. The people that only buy used games and consoles, certainly don't contribute anything to the industry, well only to GameStop, and I really don't find them good for the industry.

Well, done with my paper...ha, this is what happens when people improperly insult me, taking things way out of context and labeling me improperly.

Howling Din

Mar 10, 2011
Another problem with a huge launch library is that even if there are good games among them, they will be like trees in a very dense forest.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Maybe the best approach would be 10 games on launch day, and one game per week for the next year after that.