Jimquisition: Mass Effect 3: A Gay Erotic Love Story

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
tlgAlaska said:
chiefohara said:
Tanakh said:
Volf said:
Your arguing over symantics now.
No, he is saying gay assholes don't do fucked up shit due being gays, but due being assholes, same as straight assholes don't ruffie girls due being straight.

Volf said:
It's not him, though. It's Shepard.
It's still his image, and he should have final say over that. Actually if Bioware really want this option in the first game, why not just get a model that was ok with it?
I did a bit of research, Mark Meer never objected to it at all. He even recorded the dialogue for the gay Kaiden scene's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMOlEfhWGE
Mark Meer is just the voice actor of Shepard. Mark Vanderloo is the model for DefaultSheps face and presumably he is the one that objected to having his image attached to anything gay. It's just a rumor though and begs the question why he would be ok with it now.
Ahh.... fair enough, thank you for the clarification.

Risu3

Mar 1, 2012
Wp Jim, I hadn't heard of this moral panic, but I suppose it was bound to have come up at some point. Mind you I have also never met a person who took life lessons from South Park (actually that might have been one of Moviebob's vids, but whatever).

While I have no problem at all with same-sex relationships in games and films, it will irk me a bit if it turns out they've decided to ret-con Mass Effect so almost everyone who previously served on the Normandy is now bisexual. Doing that is just pure fan service- it's not empowering the lgbt community at all, although i suppose it is at least acknowledging it.

Perhaps there'll be a scene where Garrus says "uh, no thanks Shepard, I'm good. Might wanna speak to Kaiden though..."

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I had to admit, that was pretty damn hilarious.

Thank you, Jim.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
You know, I've never liked Jimquisition and I've avoided all the episodes after the first three or so, but I just had to watch this one due to the amount of comments and the intriguing title and I was not disappointed this time.

This was truly hilarious and hot... REALLY hot...

Seriously though, I was laughing so HARD all the way through.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Seriously guys you're still having page long discussions about this one? Jeez, people need to grow up and get over their hangups with the gays. What people do in their bedroom is between them and the consenting adults they are with. Sheesh.

Cheeseman Muncher

Apr 7, 2009
I don't really like Jimquisition, but this hit the nail smack on the proverbial head. So what if Bioware stuck in some man-on-man love? We don't seem to mind about the prospect of Fem-Shep lezzing it up so why should it matter if someone wants their man-Shep to get some sausage?

Well played, Sir.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
lord.jeff said:
I kept watching hoping he'd make his point, but just kept going on and on about gay this and gay that.
I got bored at 1:00. Is that all he said or was there something else in the video? Was it all just a boring story about how mass effect is gay?

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
This is brilliant. Jim proves to be both a master troll, wordsmith, writer, presenter, and erotica voyeur all in one short video. It's point isn't subtle at all but its message is one that had to be said, and I'm glad it was said in this way. Indeed, thank God for Jim Sterling... whoever God is.

brodie21 said:
lord.jeff said:
I kept watching hoping he'd make his point, but just kept going on and on about gay this and gay that.
I got bored at 1:00. Is that all he said or was there something else in the video? Was it all just a boring story about how mass effect is gay?
I'll summarize it for you: Mass Effect fan "turns gay" because Mass Effect 3 has gay sex options. It's basically a video in defense of the allegations that because the game lets you have same-sex romance options with male Shephard, you will become gay by playing it. Frankly, I think it's the right proper way to deal with such slander and hyperbole: tongue in cheek, point withheld until example is complete, and with arrogant smugness. It's what such idiots deserve.

EDIT: By in defense of I mean, defending from. Defending the opposite from the the... in rebuttal. Rebuttal is a better word.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
Xanthious said:
Well if we accomodatd your Shepard then what about the people that want to be able to bugger livestock with their Shepard? Are they not as important as the gay crowd? What about the people out there that want a pedo Shepard? Do we accommodate them too and maybe throw a couple little boys on the ship? These are all just options after all.
o_O?

I just thought I sound try and find the offending post that Jim cited in the next video and... yup... there YOU are... good grief sir...

If you honestly believe that then... I am lost for words...

To be Homosexual (choice or not) is something many people in many countries are... and in our civilized world we have found it appropriate to allow it and not beat them to death with stones. We allow the to have a house togeather, live their lives, Vote in pretty much all countries who allow voting(and don't lie subsequently)... and you claim to be a homosexual is on the same level as raping a child? Oh yes its rape nearly all of the time. You cannot have a victimless crime and I know girl who at 14 lost her virginity to a 17 year old guy. It was consentual however... well she actually instigated it apparently. Most paedophilia isn't... its rape of a child...

Sir... take a good long look in a mirror at yourself...
Either be truthful and just say openly you think being gay is wrong in some way... or think about how you have come to this baffeling conclusion.