Jimquisition: Mass Effect 3: A Gay Erotic Love Story

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
connall said:
When I was asked to do some age verification, I knew. This would be the greatest episode ever. Bravo Jim, I have wet myself laughing and had my roommate walk in at the wrong time. BRAVO! xD
you know ... your avatar fits the themeing of this vid perfectly .... XD

other then that o.o? the point was what? ME turning people gay cause there's optional gay content? are people still butthurt about that? really? >.> its kinda not a new thing in the ME games ....

ECasThat

Nov 14, 2009
I will never be able to listen too "rose of may" the same way again p_q

But good episode none the less.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Syntax Man said:
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, lemme get this straight, Jim and Yahtzee can cus like sailors and the thing is fine with that, but an the mere mention of homosexuality it age gates the fucking thing?

Real mature, seems that this world still has a long way to go.

As for the actual episode...what the flying fuck was that?
Not quite. "Explicit sexual content" was the trigger, regardless of the orientation.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
That was, wow, what was that?

I mean, I liked it I think. I sat here with a stupid smile plastered on my face while shifting uncomfortably at a few parts, so that's a good sign. Still, I think I just watched like six minutes of Mass Effect 3 slash fiction and liked it.

Jim, you are a wizard or something, aren't you?

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
"Bucket of mansex"
And
"Dainty dish of gay"

Are two phrases that I will be saying very often now.

That was hilarious, and sadly(or not?) quite good. If it weren't for the fact that Jim's voice is so damn unsexy and the really cheesey music, well... Lets just say I'm really looking forward to ME3 now... Unf Garrus <3

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
McMarbles said:
Yeah, so, I watched, like, half of this.

Does it get funny at some point? Is there some clever twist? Or is it just an eight-minute troll?

*sigh* I was just starting to like him, too...
No it doesn't get funny at any point, a minute in I realized that the rest of the video would be like that minute. I skipped sections and listened to ten second sections and every section was the same drivel. I skipped to the end and saw that there was no real explanation.

I know what the underlying point was, and understand, but I'm glad I didn't waist my time watching the whole thing. I didn't find it funny, and I really think it was rather sick. This is not the quality type of video I expect from the Escapist. I'm actually surprised the Escapist let him put it on here, because it really does go beyond the joking sex terms banter that Jim has in his Escapist videos, and far beyond what is in Yahtzee's as well.

Hopefully things get back to normal in future installments.

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
ahahahaha. Loved it. Just like those d-bags who hate Dragon Age 2 because Anders made a pass at them. "A video game character hit on me and now I think I'm gay! WAAA! Fuck Bioware!"

fucking toolboxes.

May 17, 2010
The Pinray said:
So it seems when Mass Effect 3 comes out...

So will I.

That's good. Give yourself a pat on the back and a nice chocolate biscuit.

Anyways so his point was that Mass Effect won't turn me gay? Hosana! The Scale has fallen from my eye, I was once blind but now can see!

I thought it was pretty self evident.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Tanakh said:
I am not particulary trilled by a gay shepard, my problem is that it feels like retconning.
Realizing I'm cutting your whole rant just to bash on this one staement but I have to. This is a BS argument for several reasons.
1. A lot of people will START at ME3, and a game should, while taking it's legacy in account, try and be a stand alone work. Anyone starting at 3 have no history to "betray" by playing GayShep
2. You can play ME1 and 2 with the intention of being GayShep, but not finding a suitable partner. RPG options 4 the win.
3. People come out as gay in every period of their lives. He could have been in the closet or just bi-sexual untill now. Again, roleplay.
4 I can play as the SAME Sheppard but with different faces and different personality in all three games. They let me fuck up my own history if I want to, why on earth would that freedome not be extended to sexuality.
5 it's a friggin OPTION! If it messes with YOUR Sheppard, he can be as straight as you want to. I wanna give it to Garrus up the arse, why would you care if I do that?

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
You know I originally didn't care.

After this video I still don't care.

But if putting gayness in video games causes people to make stupid videos such as this... Well I'm against it now.

Seriously this episode was pointless.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Jim Sterling said:
Mass Effect 3: A Gay Erotic Love Story

It's time you people got a little bit of culture down your filthy gullets. Jim Sterling has been hard at work penning his magnus opus, and he has invited you lucky children into his studio for a sneak preview.

Join the world's greatest warrior poet as he provides a reading of his latest, greatest, literary work -- Mass Effect 3: A Gay Erotic Love Story.

Watch Video
Well, for once in a long while, I think this Jimquisition was a wasted opportunity to bag all the whiners complaining about the option in the game... the entire 8 minutes of sarcastic, and horribly cliched dialogue is meant to do that, but giving detail and analysis would've been more interesting, I didn't really find this funny, but for anyone stupid enough not to like ME3 because of the option mentioned in this video, if they were stupid enough not to like it before the video, but still watched the entire video, well I have no idea how they'd feel, hopefully like an idiot at not liking the game in the first place, and realisation that they had no justification for not liking the game?

Anyway, next week will be good, so meh, one mediocre blip is alright.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008

Syntax Man said:
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, lemme get this straight, Jim and Yahtzee can cus like sailors and the thing is fine with that, but an the mere mention of homosexuality it age gates the fucking thing?

Real mature, seems that this world still has a long way to go.

As for the actual episode...what the flying fuck was that?
I'm sure others have spelled it out for you, but the joke is all that warning about an erotic novel is really just a story mocking the folks raising a stink about gay options by having A Mass Effect fan suddenly feel himself "turn gay" because it's an option in game.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I'm caught between thoughts of "that was hilarious" and "that was the most awkward thing I've listened to ever." Of course, the point made is a good one, but one people will miss or ignore because they are stupid.