Jimquisition: Mass Effect 3 And The Case For A Gay Shepard

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Damn, I ve been Playing ME3 so much I missed out.

First: As a bisexual male(dont like it, F- yourself) I have always had great respect for Bioware for the fact that they recognize its the 21st century and many, many, people prefer same-sex partners or the ability to choose to be with both genders if one so chooses.

I usually dont make my male characters gay, I like them to be very masciline. However in the cases of Fallout: New Vegas and Dragon Age(didnt play DA2) I got to make a female char and liked being able to have relations with women as well as men if I so chose.

Hell my Dalish Elf rouge warrioress had a three way with Zephyrn and the female Pirate captain!

Ive givin Jim Sterling alot of shit around the boards, I mean ALOT, but his extremely forward thinking, his defense of his fellow man, and impressively progressive views have made me have a real change of heart. Jim Sterling*bows* You have made a lifelong fan. :)

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Also, I had no idea Garrius and Shepard could be gay together till this vid. Its funny ever since ME1 Ive had a Bromance as it where with him. I always had him in the squad and was kinda bummed he didnt get much Dialog in ME2. Im playing through as male Shep that truly loves and is faithful to Liara for my first run, but on my second I will really try and give the Male Shepard-Garrius a shot :)

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Bonecrusherr said:
Eruanno said:
What? How does... why do people even...

...You know what. If you are reading this, and you think being gay or bisexual is wrong, never ever speak to me or come near me. You are a terrible person for suggesting that people should not be able to make their own choices.

I will be playing a gay Shepard. You're just going to have to live with that.
it is really funny watching as most of the american gamers heavily protects gay people and exaggerate the situation up to the extremes.

i don't know what is the problem of those users on mass effect related forums, but watching this hype is really funny and at the same time very awkward.

ok, i am not a person who like prejudices, but all that hype and the holy guardian approaching toward gay people makes the situation questionable.

do every gamer turned to gay people and therefore try to defend themselves, or the gamers suddenly become heavily sensetive against freedoms?
if the latter, i wish to see those gamers in other incidents as well, not just for protecting gay rights.

i didn't read rest of the topic, but i know people probably defended gay rights and heavily heavily denigrated "the people who has bias toward gays".
because this is the new trend in gaming community, and bioware are milking those people.

i wish gamers were united for making good games quality rpgs like planescape torment, mask of the betrayer or alpha protocol,
not just for protecting gay rights in mass effect franchises.
because it became silly...
You honestly think that videogames' free speech, the eradication of homophobia is not relevant?

I would like to ask you to get
the
fuck
out.

GCM

Sep 2, 2008
Defends homosexuality: alright keep going.

A few minutes later: ALL PEDOPHILES ARE OLD MEN SITTING ON PARK BENCHES WANTING TO FUCK BABIES IN THE MOUTH.

3mptylord

Mar 19, 2012
I took the gay path with Kaiden, just to establish that I have no issue with gay Shepard.

However, saying that "no-one is forcing you" is a little inaccurate. It's impossible to be friendly in Mass Effect 3 without them following you back to your cabin. Steve was all depressed so I was just being friendly... apparently I was coming on to him (saved by the Kaiden bell, Steve didn't want to come between us). But I had the same issues with Diana, Liara, Kelly, etc. I know I didn't romance anyone in the previous games, but was I really coming across that desperate?

shteev

Oct 22, 2007
Wow. Well, I've never played any Mass Effects, and only vaguely know about the gay furore going on, so I thought I'd check out The Jimquisition to enlighten me a little.

I've got to say this episode reflects pretty badly on Jim Sterling from that perspective... endlessly engaging with parodied versions of other people's homophobic and rather repulsive opinions.

I couldn't watch to the end.

Urh

Oct 9, 2010
Jim, I feel for you when you are saddened that there are people who still compare homosexuality to paedophilia. Here in Australia a politician (Cory Bernardi) recently compared homosexuality to bestiality when arguing against gay marriage. The essence of his argument was "Well, if we allow gays to marry, does that mean we'll have to allow pigfuckers to marry pigs some day?" Thankfully, this particular fuckwit's political career is now in complete tatters.