Job help

Doomboy911

May 22, 2010
Well first off greetings all this is my second forum to start posting in (I shall try to tame this one as well).

So I've recently turned eighteen I don't have job experience and I've applied everywhere without any results. I have a willingness to work but no one will hire me. So any decent advice

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Keep applying, and actively call the places you've applied to inquire about job openings. When you drop off resumes, try to hand it directly to a manager. If you don't speak to one when you first walk in, ask to. Ensure each resume you hand in is specific to the store you're applying. The less generic, the more interesting it will seem if it does get read. You've got to show initiative, otherwise you're just another sheet of paper.

Even so, I know it's difficult to get jobs these days, so there's a certain amount of patience required as well.

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
People with experience are having a rough time man. A teenager trying to get a job right now is next to impossible. I don't mean give up i just mean don't expect much progress at first and don't assume its you that is wrong more than you have the same issue.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
If your in Australia your doomed. (Pesonal experience, and I even have work exp)

Another thing you can do to help get in the good books is volunteer work at said places for work experience or even do a College course for a certificate in whatever it is.

zombiesinc said:
Even so, I know it's difficult to get jobs these days, so there's a certain amount of patience required as well.
Like waiting 20 months then being fired for a teen to replace you for cheaper wages.

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
I got a job at McDonalds last year, it took me 3 months of solid looking, and I mean literally going out every day handing out CV's and applying online, I'm 16, left school last year and I'm now at college. It is ridiculous to get a job and whilst working at McDonalds may be horrible its still a source of income.

Don't give up and literally apply everywhere