Joe Biden's double digit polling lead.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
What makes me so sure is the circumstance. See more below. And yes, old people in Florida aren't known for their diplomatic talent, they are 100% tone deaf. And I'm confident you know everything I have to say about Goldwater and all that, so I'll let it slide cause we don't need to re-dredge the southern strategy debate every thread.

It's not the same when it's a response. If this guy zipped around in a golf cart yelling white power unprovoked, I'd be inclined to take him at his word. If he then said it was just a joke, that doesn't change my perception. But it was an instigated statement, it was a response to being accused of being in the klan. Saying something offensive out of nowhere and then calling it a joke is crap behavior, saying something offensive because someone is accusing you of being that offensive thing isn't the same, that line is at the accuser's expense.

If I were to come in and start accusing the communists among us of being genocidal maniacs, and someone responded "Yeah, you got it, bring on the gulags," I'm gonna say they're also taking the piss like this guy was. If, however, someone volunteers this line:

I'm inclined to take them at their word.
Another law was proposed, that men who had been condemned of violence and treason may appeal to the public if they please. Is this now a law, or rather an abrogation of all laws? For who is there at this day to whom it is an object that that law should stand? No one is accused under those laws; there is no one whom we think likely to be so accused. For measures which have been carried by force of arms will certainly never be impeached in a court of justice. But the measure is a popular one. I wish, indeed, that you were willing to promote any popular measure; for, at present, all the citizens agree with one mind and one voice in their view of its bearing on the safety of the republic.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I’ll go ahead and add a disclaimer that I neither condone nor support violence against the citizens of the villages, I just think they’re trash human beings.