John Wick - Chapter 2 Trailer Released

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
John Wick - Chapter 2 Trailer Released

<youtube=Sx1Qm3gavRg>

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back.

One of the biggest surprises of the 2014 cinematic year was Keanu Reeves [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/john+wick]. It wasn't expected to be much of anything, so when it came out of relative nowhere and blew audiences away with its style, action, and impressive universe building, it made even more of an impact because of the surprise.

The way it managed to build up an entire universe without a whole lot of exposition was one of its strengths, leading many to wonder what might come from a sequel. Well, since the first movie made enough money, we are going to get that sequel. Today, the first trailer dropped for John Wick: Chapter 2.

There are three talking points coming out of the trailer. (1) The film is going to take place, at least in part, in Rome, where our protagonist has some business he needs to see resolved. (2) After losing his dog in the last film, Mr. Wick has gotten a new one. We can only hope it doesn't suffer the same fate. (3) Matrix movies [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/laurence+fishburne], is in this movie and on-screen with Reeves at the same time. This is their first team-up since the third Matrix. One can expect at least one knowing nod to this fact.

John Wick: Chapter 2 will be released on February 10, 2017, opposite The LEGO Batman Movie and what will be, without a doubt, the greatest movie of the year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168393-Fifty-Shades-Darker-Trailer-is-Out].

[gallery=6553]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I hope this acts as a Prequel to Keanu, where he has to sacrifice himself to save his dog at the end and gets re-incarnated as a kitten.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
well, the first one was certainly good. this one looks ok. could be a good sequel.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I loved John Wick. Even if this is just more of the same, I don't mind.

Also, holy shit, I still can't believe "50 Shades Darker" is an actual title.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Just saw this trailer on youtube and I think it looks pretty fun. So glad the first one got the attention it deserved.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Well, I liked the first movie. Getting this one once it's on DVD, too.
Wonder if there will be any form of Payday reference in it.

Mar 26, 2008
I didn't expect the first to be as brilliant as it was. Count me in for the sequel. I hope my raised expectations don't get the better of me.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Jeezus, lookat that dog- it's built like a furry tank! That's his new dog?

I hope we get to see the dog kill someone.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I like to imagine a fanfic scenario where John Wick buries his dead puppy in the pet cemetary and it slowly succumbs to becoming the main antagonist in which he must battle furiously through hordes of undead pet ninjas to get to his one undead puppy. Cue dramatic realisation sequence followed by dramatic fight and death on top of something really very tall. Probably the evil undead death tower his puppy ordered built. Future spoiler alert. Wait, I don't think I did that right.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
the December King said:

If that dog doesn't bite someone on the balls, I want a refund.

For my ticket. That...I haven't bought yet. But which I will buy, almost certainly, for even the faintest chance of seeing Keanu Reeves' dog bite a bad guy on the balls.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
bastardofmelbourne said:
the December King said:

If that dog doesn't bite someone on the balls, I want a refund.

For my ticket. That...I haven't bought yet. But which I will buy, almost certainly, for even the faintest chance of seeing Keanu Reeves' dog bite a bad guy on the balls.
Agreed. This is also my stance on the movie. Dog-bites-badguy-balls equals guaranteed ticket sale.

Or dog-bites-badgirl-vag, sorry- I want to be inclusive.

2HF

May 24, 2011
the December King said:
Looks like a pitbull to me, a dog whose reputation is suffering as is. Show it as a loveable puppy in giant pit form if you ask me.

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
I'm confused about the motivation for the second film though. I've watched 2 or 3 trailers and didn't see it mentioned.

I was also hoping it would be a prequel about the "impossible task" he had to achieve to retire the first time. But if it's a sequel and he got his revenge in the first film, what's got his panties in a twist now?

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It looks promising. I hope what is almost certainly a bigger budget doesn't hinder it.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
2HF said:
the December King said:
Looks like a pitbull to me, a dog whose reputation is suffering as is. Show it as a loveable puppy in giant pit form if you ask me.
Yeah, the breed is getting a lot of bad press- good point.

On the other hand, it is an action movie heaped in stereotypes and aggressive behavior- one man versus many gunmen, ninja babes, etc.

I reckon, in the end, I agree with you that it would be nice to see a flip on this bad rep.

But since I demand an animal killing someone, I'll settle for a poodle ninja, or a pomeranian secret agent.