Johnny Gat Goes to Hell in Saints Row Standalone Expansion

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
templar1138a said:
shintakie10 said:
At first I wasnt a huge fan of Shaundi from SR3, but then SR4 really rounded her out. Those audio recording mind things of young Shaundi really were a nice touch, talking about how she hated it how everyone treated her like a loser, everyone except The Boss. It sort of explained how she went from somewhat useful stoner to sex magnet badass in 3.
Character development is one thing, but they went too far with making her a badass. Not only that, but her ethnicity and BODY TYPE changed. Eliza Dushku not returning for SR3 was a bad enough slap in the face, but literal resculpting of Shaundi was a figurative backhand to follow it up.
Eh, we're talkin about a universe where The Boss can literally change appearances (and sex!) entirely from one game to the next, and the most anyone takes notice is Gat asking if you changed your hair.

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
shintakie10 said:
templar1138a said:
shintakie10 said:
At first I wasnt a huge fan of Shaundi from SR3, but then SR4 really rounded her out. Those audio recording mind things of young Shaundi really were a nice touch, talking about how she hated it how everyone treated her like a loser, everyone except The Boss. It sort of explained how she went from somewhat useful stoner to sex magnet badass in 3.
Character development is one thing, but they went too far with making her a badass. Not only that, but her ethnicity and BODY TYPE changed. Eliza Dushku not returning for SR3 was a bad enough slap in the face, but literal resculpting of Shaundi was a figurative backhand to follow it up.
Eh, we're talkin about a universe where The Boss can literally change appearances (and sex!) entirely from one game to the next, and the most anyone takes notice is Gat asking if you changed your hair.
"I DIDN'T DO **** WITH MY HAIR!"

OT: More Saints Row is always good news. Honestly, the next thing I was hoping they'd do would be a Saints Row spinoff using the Red Faction setting. Allegedly, SR and RF are the same universe anyway, so I don't see why this isn't doable. We can have the "Gangsters In Space" game featuring a new gang of Saints rampaging the streets of MARS.

DO IT, VOLITION!

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Day. One. Buy. This looks fucking amazing, and I don't normal get excited about DLC. I would actually like to see more insane misadventures in this style.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm in. Really, after Fighting aliens in the matrix in space as the POTUS, it was either this or have an entire game with the saints running amok in history with a time machine.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
TheCaptain said:
Micah Weil said:
I came for the Saints Row, but stayed for the price tag. This is fantastic.
Also answers my question of "where are they going to go next with this?".
The answer? Not disappointing at all...
THANK you! I started with IV, actually, but I didn't care for all the fuss about Gat either. Good thing we get Kenzie!
Most of the GAT worship has to do with the fact he's one of the only saints from the first game who is still around. That and he's pretty much an NPC counterpart to the BOSS. His main joy in life is pretty much killing people, but despite that he comes across as being likable.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Man, next year can't get here soon enough! I love the Saints Row series!

I'll still hope to play as the Boss character (Saints Row has a pretty top notch character creation engine, Imo.), but I'll not be complaining to be playing as Gat.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
I've argue this is slightly LESS crazy than Saints Row 4, but where were they going to go from destroying the entire planet anyway? I'll definitely pick this up.

One thing I don't understand is why everyone seems to love Johnny Gat, he's barely in the last two games and when he is he doesn't do much. Maybe he was a more important character in 1 and 2, but seeing as I never played those I wouldn't know.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Flunk said:
One thing I don't understand is why everyone seems to love Johnny Gat, he's barely in the last two games and when he is he doesn't do much. Maybe he was a more important character in 1 and 2, but seeing as I never played those I wouldn't know.
He doesn't really show up much in SR2 either. Not as much as you'd imagine. He shows up in half of one of the main three plot arcs(during the other half he's in the hospital for being stabbed) and he shows up a little during the endgame.

He's really the Boba Fett of the Saints Row Series. He has far more reputation then screen time.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
OH.HELL.YES!

Yeah ok so sign me up, I'm down for some of this action. I came into the games with SR2 and it's been my favorite sandbox game since. I don't wana bash on other games (cough cough GTA cough) but I just can't see why anyone would choose it over SR...SR is just so much more fun, but whatever opinions an all.

Now Volition, you've already got me hooked but if you want me to be yours forever more...make FreeSpace 3 damn it!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I'm with most of the people on this thread, will buy day one and I hope there's plenty of metal music in it. Too much crappy music in 3 and 4, 2 had good music at least. I loved Gat in every appearance he made, looking forward to seeing more of him. Also Kinzie, of all the women in the game she was the highest quality waifu material.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
So will this expansion have a hard disk version or will it be a Digital download only?