Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Zydrate said:
Dalisclock said:
fix-the-spade said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Hey, Kevin Spacey was more fun than whatever Black Ops III was. Bring on the outdated motion cap and cheesy dialogue!
Casting Kevin Spacey as the bad guy improves pretty much anything, no matter how cheesy it is.

Trouble is they killed him at the end, bit of a misstep that.
I was more sad they ruined all the moral greyness they had going by having ATLAS running concentration camps.
They were just camps. I remember people playing baseball and chatting normally, with the occasional hit-and-runner, which is to be expected when people are suffering from general cabin fever. Otherwise I don't think the living conditions were that awful.

I know this because I played some a few weeks ago. I just need the game to stop crashing on me.
Are you talking about the one you have to escape from near the end of the game? Because I remember people being locked in box-like cells with little space, pits where bodies were being burned and being bashed in the head by the guards everytime you tried to look around. Oh, and the medical experiments.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Dalisclock said:
I was more sad they ruined all the moral greyness they had going by having ATLAS running concentration camps.
Call of Duty doesn't like moral ambiguity, it wants you to feel righteous and pure as you churn through a million not the good guys.

It's the same in BlOps 3, your enemies are people who were walled into the ruins of a city inexplicably the victim of a huge nerve gas attack. Abandoned and with no hope of rescue they've banded together into armed gangs and survived the last twenty years through ruthless pragmatism while the outside world does it's best to starve them all to death.

In any other series they would be the heroes (or at least anti-heroes), but here they're your designated enemy, so here's a cutscene of them putting explosive collars on civilians for shits and giggles, just in case you were going to empathise with them.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Dalisclock said:
Zydrate said:
Dalisclock said:
fix-the-spade said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Hey, Kevin Spacey was more fun than whatever Black Ops III was. Bring on the outdated motion cap and cheesy dialogue!
Casting Kevin Spacey as the bad guy improves pretty much anything, no matter how cheesy it is.

Trouble is they killed him at the end, bit of a misstep that.
They were just camps. I remember people playing baseball and chatting normally, with the occasional hit-and-runner, which is to be expected when people are suffering from general cabin fever. Otherwise I don't think the living conditions were that awful.

I know this because I played some a few weeks ago. I just need the game to stop crashing on me.
Are you talking about the one you have to escape from near the end of the game? Because I remember people being locked in box-like cells with little space, pits where bodies were being burned and being bashed in the head by the guards everytime you tried to look around. Oh, and the medical experiments.
Ouch. Missed all that, only played the first few hours of the game due to aforementioned crashing :|