Journey Finally Makes A Profit

Toadfish1

May 28, 2013
Vrach said:
Really surprised they're only beginning to see profit, it doesn't seem like too expensive a game to make and I imagine the game's been selling like hotcakes. Did Sony really take that much of a profit cut? :(
No, its was just really, really expensive. The company had to go back to Sony for more money three seperate times.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Hopefully this will be available through that streaming service on PS4 (Geiko is it?).

And hopefully most of the money will go to the devs. Otherwise I'll have to look into getting a PS3 after the next gen launch.

Good for them.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
nathan-dts said:
redisforever said:
Really? They just now made a profit? Well, I hope their next game goes out on many more platforms, so more people can play their damn fantastic games, and hopefully make a profit much faster.
That score and the length of time made this a ridiculously expensive game for a small studio. They wouldn't have been able to fund it without Sony, who had to make their money back before royalties could go to the developer. I agree that hopefully more platforms means more money, but I don't think there's a major publisher around that would take a chance on them, other than Sony.

The next game will be a lot more basic, but I don't doubt that it'll be equally amazing.
I don't know, with the amount of sales, and the rave reviews, I kinda think that they could have their pick of major publishers at this point. If they do go with a publisher, I hope it's one that supports their game, like Sony did, and not one that forces them to make it the way they want it.