Journey is Finished

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Journey is Finished

ThatGameCompany has revealed that its three-years-in-the-making follow up to indie hit Flower is finally ready to go.

Almost three years to the day after Flower blew away critics and players alike with its strikingly minimalistic and unique gameplay, indie studio ThatGameCompany is ready to release its next game, Journey, on PSN. This news comes after a previously announced delay made in September of last year.

Journey, for those of you who don't know, follows the story of a desert traveler on, well, some type of journey across the sands. Along the way, players are joined by another wanderer (a PSN-plucked stranger), but are unable to communicate with him or her aside from actions and sounds. The game is now complete, but there's still no word on an official release date from Sony.

"Sony's working on [a date]," tweeted Jenova Chen, the studio's creative leader, "[but there are] quite a few big releases coming up. Once Sony figures out the right time, they will announce it. I assume pretty soon."

Still, the game is done, something that ThatGameStudio (and its fans) can appreciate.

"Three years is a long time when you finally finish something and look back [and say,] 'What have I done in the past three years?'" mused Chen. "Hope it's worth it."

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-07-journeys-dev-journey-a-finished-journey]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I do kinda wish it was coming to 360.
It's a shame, because by the time I get a PS3 (if ever) the community will likely have died off.

Dec 14, 2009
Looks interesting enough, I'll pick this one up for sure.

Gives me a Team Ico feel, and that's always a good thing.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Looks really cool. Anyone have any idea how much it'll cost? I'll probably have around $10 to spend on it in a few weeks.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm curious to know how this companion thing is actually going to turn out, but I'm really interested.

I'm definitely going to pick this up when it comes out.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Awww. I've been without a PS3 for a year and a half, and this is the first time I've missed it. I loved flOw and Flower SOOO much!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I wonder if Yahtzee will review it then...

Still i remember theese guys for flOw, a game which i remember even more fondly than when i first finished Portal, or that final scene in Okami during the final boss.

Just a slight concern over what the overall objective in Journey is, but i could dismiss that by just playing it.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
This news had made my day! I've got about 10 games that are on my to-do list but this will jump right to the top.