Judge Denies THQ Bankruptcy Sale - UPDATED

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
EA. Activison. Ubisoft. Warner Bros. All eyeing up THQ for a slice.

VALVE

VALVE, IF YOU CAN HEAR US

SAVE THQ NOW WE ARE BEGGING YOU: YOU ARE THE LAST INDEPENDENT STUDIO WITH ENOUGH MONEY TO DO THIS LEFT ON EARTH

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
FelixG said:
direkiller said:
plz let Relic live though this as more then just a shell company
and possibly have them make homeworld 3
The ONLY good thing that could come out of this is if Activision buys Relic. as Activision owns Sierra, who owns the IP to Homeworld, so that way we would see a Homeworld 3.

OT: That judge is flaming *****.
THQ bought the rights to Homeworld in November 2007
so it dose not have to be Actvition

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
FelixG said:
direkiller said:
plz let Relic live though this as more then just a shell company
and possibly have them make homeworld 3
The ONLY good thing that could come out of this is if Activision buys Relic. as Activision owns Sierra, who owns the IP to Homeworld, so that way we would see a Homeworld 3.

OT: That judge is flaming *****.
She's only following the letter of the law. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I hope The Stick of Truth makes it through this.... but hopefully not on Origin exclusively for the PC version...

Apr 28, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
I hope The Stick of Truth makes it through this.... but hopefully not on Origin exclusively for the PC version...
Don't worry, South Park is owned by Matt Stone/Trey Parker and developed by Osidian. So I highly doubt that's up for sale.

But I swear if Saints Row or Metro ends up getting bought by EA/Activision/Ubisoft... I really hope that doesn't happen.

EA because they seem to be homogenizing their games, Activision because of their ravenous desire for exploitable properties, and Ubisoft because then the PC releases would use Uplay and Uplay is horrible and to top it all off Ubisoft PC ports tend to be complete ass.

I just hope Saints Row and Metro make it through this unscathed...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Irridium said:
-Dragmire- said:
Don't worry, South Park is owned by Matt Stone/Trey Parker and developed by Osidian. So I highly doubt that's up for sale.

But I swear if Saints Row or Metro ends up getting bought by EA/Activision/Ubisoft... I really hope that doesn't happen.

EA because they seem to be homogenizing their games, Activision because of their ravenous desire for exploitable properties, and Ubisoft because then the PC releases would use Uplay and Uplay is horrible and to top it all off Ubisoft PC ports tend to be complete ass.

I suppose publisher meddling won't be an issue if it's somewhat near completion now. I have high hopes for the game mostly due to Matt and Trey's involvement.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Irridium said:
-Dragmire- said:

They are just the publisher for Metro: Last Light, just like The Stick of Truth.

Saints Row on the other hand...

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Saviordd1 said:
So basically THQ was that zombie survivor who tried viciously to claw his way into the safe zone but didn't get far enough before the zombies got their hands on him and started to rip him to shreds for themselves.

Lovely fate THQ

You will be missed.
Actually I think in this case a more accurate metaphor would be the survivor making to the gates of the safe zone only to be shot in the knees and left for dead by a guard who thinks the poor zombies look malnourished. Come to think of it vicious hungry soulless monsters who can only think about their own hunger is a apt metaphor for these people. Poor THQ.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Bolt-206 said:
What of 'Company of Heroes' and Relic?

Would they just get bought by Games Workshop? ("Screw it, we want someone to create our 40K games, and you're one of the only guys who've done so, and you've done it good.")
Relic is also the one i'm most concerned for, they make excellent 40K games and would love to see Dawn of War 3 and Space Marine 2 surface.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Lesson learned. You can't try to pull a fast one when you're bankrupt. If THQ wanted to avoid their company being sold piecemeal, they should have tried harder to stop it going under!

I used to work for a company that had been stung more than once by a client going bankrupt before paying up. It lost them tens of thousands of pounds that they needed to pay staff wages. These days, they ask for half the money up front, but it's still a danger.

If your company has gone bust, it is your duty to pay what debts you can, even if it means selling off your precious company bit by bit.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Trishbot said:
Warner Bros. bought out some franchises from Midway... and we got an amazingly awesome Mortal Kombat out of it.
While this is true think of the terrible things that could come from EA acquiring Metro, or Homefront, or god help us all Company of Heroes.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
THQ did too little too late Udraw and stupid greedy management.

Dawn of War 3 and Space Marine 2 would be good, and DLC if done well and not half assed. And valve loves games and dont half ass

VAlve buy relic !!!! PLZZZ

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Damn. Bankruptcy is always going to be an ugly mess, but I feel like THQ had a genuine chance of turning itself around. Watching it get picked to pieces by vultures still alive is a pretty grotesque definition of "what's best for investors".