Judge in Rittenhouse case might be a tad biased.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
He was there explicitly because they expected violence there.
Or that people may try violence and seeing people with guns would stop it.

It's noteable the only violence that did take place with Kyle and his friends about at the lot were:
  1. A Dumpster being set on fire
  2. The incidents Kyle was directly involved in.
The lot wasn't infact burned to the ground.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

It's noteable the only violence that did take place with Kyle and his friends about at the lot were:
So in other words, Rittenhouse was the catalyst for violence?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Here that people. Disarming is violent. Bow down to your gun owning overlords
Disarming an underage teenage boy who was not only carrying a loaded gun against state laws, but was impersonating a security office and a medical technician in a juvenile power fantasy to play hero.

You know, complete victim of circumstance.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Disarming an underage teenage boy who was not only carrying a loaded gun against state laws, but was impersonating a security office and a medical technician in a juvenile power fantasy to play hero.

I mean, the disarming should happen based on him have shot a person. The other stuff Rosenbaum probably didn't know. He did know that Rittenhouse shot someone and that means he should be disarmed. And that the police just let him walk

Edit: In any othrr case Rosenbaum would be seen as a hero.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I'm sorry what authority did that guy have to demand Kyle hand over the gun while Kyle was on a private lot?
Hell why would Kyle just hand his gun over to some random dude who witness testimony has already said threatened to kill people and video has him on tape suggesting trying to steal a gun from them to turn it on the others?

Again read the state law (I listed the codes for them). Technically Kyle was perfectly legally in possession of the firearm. The private security thing? Yeh no that only applies when it's in regard to working for professional security contractors not as was in this instance a private militia. Also he wasn't impersonating a medical technician. He had a medical kit with him and was far better trained than all the AntiFa "street medics" playing out their juvenile fantasies of supporting the revolution.

Reactions: Ravinoff

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I mean, the disarming should happen based on him have shot a person. The other stuff Rosenbaum probably didn't know. He did know that Rittenhouse shot someone and that means he should be disarmed. And that the police just let him walk

Jesus you lot.

Rosenbaum was the first one shot.
Anthony Huber was 2nd
Gaige Grosskreutz

Rosenbaum tried to grab the gun off Kyle before anything happened
Huber decided it would be a wise move to smash Rittenhouse over the head with a skateboard after Rittenhouse had fallen over while retreating
Grosskreutz tried to do a "false surrender" then tried to pull a gun out to shoot Rittenhouse but Rittenhouse saw him pull it and shot him in the arm. In interviews Grosskreutz has suggested he wanted to shoot Rittenhouse.

Come on you lot how are we meant to have a discussion if you're not even aware of the basics of the case. I don't want to have to keep correcting misinformation forever

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

That is weak analysis. The majority of the city wasn't burned to the ground, but also didn't have people shot to death. Also, you're contradicting your own arguments previously, as before you were claiming he didn't even go to the heart of the riot, but now you suggest without guns the building would have been torched.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where

Sure, none of his victims knew, but self-defense isn't a justifiable argument if you put yourself in a dangerous situation. Having a gun illegally, claiming to be trained in both the use of a gun and administering first aid, and then shooting someone and not being able to assist them is a pretty weak defense, regardless of how rosy cheeked the kid is.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Jesus you lot.

Rosenbaum was the first one shot.
Anthony Huber was 2nd
Gaige Grosskreutz

Rosenbaum tried to grab the gun off Kyle before anything happened
Huber decided it would be a wise move to smash Rittenhouse over the head with a skateboard after Rittenhouse had fallen over while retreating
Grosskreutz tried to do a "false surrender" then tried to pull a gun out to shoot Rittenhouse but Rittenhouse saw him pull it and shot him in the arm. In interviews Grosskreutz has suggested he wanted to shoot Rittenhouse.

Come on you lot how are we meant to have a discussion if you're not even aware of the basics of the case. I don't want to have to keep correcting misinformation forever
You were also pretty happy to call one of them a convicted pedophile sex-offender. What happened to that?

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
That is weak analysis. The majority of the city wasn't burned to the ground, but also didn't have people shot to death. Also, you're contradicting your own arguments previously, as before you were claiming he didn't even go to the heart of the riot, but now you suggest without guns the building would have been torched.
This really is the weirdest thing about that whole period of time, as I went through a very similar thing here in Arizona. We had one big protest, while on the other side of town, a separate group of people (with those dipshit streamers who did that bit in the suicide forest in attendance I believe) broke a load of windows at an upscale mall and did some mild looting. This was apparently all it took for our governor to declare a state of emergency, instate curfews, and deployed the national guard, to the point of armed checkpoints.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You were also pretty happy to call one of them a convicted pedophile sex-offender. What happened to that?

Mark Richards maintained in court filings Thursday that Joseph Rosenbaum was convicted of having sex with a minor in Arizona in 2002 and was prohibited from possessing firearms.

Arizona Clerk of Courts appear to show that Joseph Rosenbaum was charged by a grand jury with 11 counts of child molestation and inappropriate sexual activity around children, including sodomy.
Pretty simple really I didn't feel the need to deploy that piece of information to try and sway peoples views because I felt the facts alone with strong enough.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ah yes clearly the guy who stated he wanted to kill people who has 0 authority or right to remove said fire arm fry Kyle totally was just trying to peacefully disarm Kyle and the whole chasing him and trying to wrestle the gun off him was totally disarming.

Hey you here that everyone if some-one walks up to you and tries to grab your gun you have to totally let them take it because they totally have the legal right to disarm you and are not at all potentially going to do something nefarious once they get the gun. Better and over your wallets to because the stranger is probably also a federal wallet inspector.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Disarming someone who hasn't done anything bad yet (self defense isn't bad) is literally assault. Just because you are not comfortable with someone having a gun it doesn't make it legal to start pulling it away from them somehow.

And I'm not at all worried about gun overlords, as someone who has never held a gun outside of helping a guy move one time, he had a hunting rifle with a scope and I tried to pick it up by the scope and he yelled at me cause you're apparently not supposed to do that. I don't think that's a serious concern to worry about bowing to gun overlords lol.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Disarming someone who hasn't done anything bad yet (self defense isn't bad) is literally assault. Just because you are not comfortable with someone having a gun it doesn't make it legal to start pulling it away from them somehow.

And I'm not at all worried about gun overlords, as someone who has never held a gun outside of helping a guy move one time, he had a hunting rifle with a scope and I tried to pick it up by the scope and he yelled at me cause you're apparently not supposed to do that. I don't think that's a serious concern to worry about bowing to gun overlords lol.
Probably yelled cos your picking it up might have ruined the zeroing which is one of more tedious parts of private firearm enthusiast shooting. Unless his ‘Don’t do that’ was just a general don’t touch my gun.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Probably yelled cos your picking it up might have ruined the zeroing which is one of more tedious parts of private firearm enthusiast shooting. Unless his ‘Don’t do that’ was just a general don’t touch my gun.
No I was helping him move which included the gun too, then I picked it up correctly. I'm just pointing out that I don't know the first thing about guns so I wouldn't be one of those ovelords lol. Also helped move some ammo boxes and those were like small shoeboxes but heavy as hell. I guess to prevent harm coming to the ammo or if it somehow explodes to keep it from damaging the environment or something, either way it was heavy as hell XD.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
No I was helping him move which included the gun too, then I picked it up correctly. I'm just pointing out that I don't know the first thing about guns so I wouldn't be one of those ovelords lol. Also helped move some ammo boxes and those were like small shoeboxes but heavy as hell. I guess to prevent harm coming to the ammo or if it somehow explodes to keep it from damaging the environment or something, either way it was heavy as hell XD.
Well I mean the ammunition is lots of densely packed pieces of metal. Brass or steel for the casing and I assume lead for the actual bullet itself. That shit is heavy.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
No I was helping him move which included the gun too, then I picked it up correctly. I'm just pointing out that I don't know the first thing about guns so I wouldn't be one of those ovelords lol.
No indeed: you'll just be cheering them on as they clear out the undesirables to make way for some some lebensraum.