Judging By The Cover: Batman: Arkham Knight - Just Need To Find It First

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Batman: Arkham Knight - Just Need To Find It First

This week, Judging By The Cover looks at Batman: Arkham Knight.

Watch Video

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok the last part gave me a good laugh and kinda neat.

Either way I hoped this series last long.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I like how the terms ultimate and complete are used when this is only a portion of the overall game. It's fun pretending that there isn't going to be DLC, a season pass and an inevitable game of the year edition but that's not how Arkham games work.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
How did they fuck up the B in Batman? I mean...really...someone had the job of designing that logo and they just could not be arsed to clean up that B.
That cover is un "B" leavable!!

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Sorry Yahtzee, but I still cannot find a way to enjoy this video series.

I can understand the appeal of people seeing you in all-snark mode, but for me snark has to be combined with something to make it appealing.
Comedy seems to be the obvious choice, but for some reason you don't seem to include your sense of humour into this series.

Also, you seem to "judge by the cover" almost context free, as in, pretending to not know who Scarecrow is.
But then you do seem to know there are now 4 games in this series, acknowledging the existence of the other 3 games.
So which is it?

This is a similar problem to the last one, where you seemed to acknowledge knowing of the existence of the other games but not of the dual-weapon-modes.
Granted, that's a slightly more in depth thing, but as someone who has never played a Souls game and haven't watched any playthroughs, I still know about it.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
*Looks at the front*: Oh, right, it was the Batman's fault that all the super-villains teamed up!

Also: Bloody handbrake!!! :(

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Ah, but this raises a question: did the front cover artists mean to draw the perspective to Batman's crotch, or was that a subconscious decision? Riddle me that!
THM said:
'It was the Pringles Man all along!'

*snerk*
At first, I thought he would say it's Alfred.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Darth_Payn said:
At first, I thought he would say it's Alfred.
Personally, I was going for Commissioner Gorden.

Nicely done, Yathzee. I enjoyed this a lot more then the Bloodborne one. I hope this series goes for a while.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
the "bloody handbrake" part cracked me up.
and oh no. pringles man. no wonder the pc version runs like crap.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
How did they fuck up the B in Batman? I mean...really...someone had the job of designing that logo and they just could not be arsed to clean up that B.
That cover is un "B" leavable!!
The cover artist had one job... ONE JOB MAN! Well at least they didn't use comic sans.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
JenSeven said:
Also, you seem to "judge by the cover" almost context free, as in, pretending to not know who Scarecrow is.
But then you do seem to know there are now 4 games in this series, acknowledging the existence of the other 3 games.
So which is it?
This is pretty easy actually. I know there are 3, coming up to 4 I think Uncharted games. I have not played one of them, and I have no fucking clue what anything in any of them are. I just know that there's 4 because they get announced and have different covers at the local games store.

Imagine you'd never heard of Batman. If you knew of games, you'd still know this was the 4th Arkham game, simply because you'd have heard about the other one's being released.

Its judging it by the cover. Its not an in-context thing. Its sort of like the literal trailers in that regard. They make not a lot of sense when you view them in context, however if you don't view them in context, they become pretty funny. That's the whole idea of this series I feel. Some people might think it stupid, others find it kinda funny how things just make no sense when you remove your personal knowledge of the Batman universe - which a lot of people won't have, even after Nolan's series.