Judging By The Cover: Ico

YMoosa17

Sep 18, 2015
Lol, I bet you had a lot of fun combing through pages of .ico files looking for that cover.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Really like this new series. Apparently "Yahtzee complains about X" is a solid formula no matter what the subject. :p

Great work, can't wait for the next one!

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Really like this new series. Apparently "Yahtzee complains about X" is a solid formula no matter what the subject. :p

Great work, can't wait for the next one!
He's like our own special Morgan Freeman.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The Euro box art is one of my favorite covers, but I feel Yahtzee's bickering is lost in its (deliberate) surreality.

Varadar

Oct 24, 2013
I like Yahtzee's videos for their educational value (and for may other reasons of course). There is always a chance to discover a new way to say "penis."

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
D3s_ToD3s said:
I loughed out loud about that US Cover
OMG
I laughed at both covers, but I laughed harder at the American version, especially the "beach towel with the Decepticon logo on it" line. Speaking as an American on the Internet (straps on helmet), I am embarrassed for that one. What's so important about the windmill that's a lawsuit waiting to happen?

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Oh Lord, more Evangelion references from Yahtzee yet again. Why won't he just write a column or something about it so we might know what he actually thinks about it? He's clearly seen it, I'd even say multiple times.

Apr 25, 2009
D3s_ToD3s said:
TheSniperFan said:
D3s_ToD3s said:
I loughed out loud about that US Cover
OMG
Check out the European and the US covers for Amnesia The Dark Descent.
Oh god. Why
That is absolutely fucking atrocious.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

And that fucking US Ico box art makes me want to puke. Let's take all the subtlety, atmosphere and aesthetic of the game and rub it in shit. Ico himself looks like a fucking douchebag.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
why does the US cover take out the atmosphere? its like they deliberately change it to make it less appealing. and that amnesia cover is really shocking. but i guess americans need obscure art to find it more appealing to buy the game. i dont know.
great episode again. looking forward to the next one.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I had not appreciated just how awfully terrible the US box art was. It's actually detrimental. I would feel worse for having it on my shelf, marring an otherwise beautiful game.

EU box art, OTOH, is great.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Man...I don't feel American anymore. I've never seen that bullshit cover in my life. My copy of Ico had the proper bullshit cover.

kimiyoribaka

Jul 11, 2012
I'm not sure I get the appeal of box art that doesn't look like the game itself. Admittedly, the american one was probably thrown together at the last minute with just what was lying around, but it does represent the game. The original one was just a homage to some unrelated painter the director happened to like.